Need advise on changing in public in a pull-up style diaper

When we change kids at work who use stretch pullups, I’ve been taught by veteran teachers to pull down pants, sit child on the toilet, remove shoe and pants from one leg, and then put the pull-up on while shoving the pants through the leg of the pull-up. Then, put pants and shoe back on, stand up, rip old diaper off, wipe, and pull everything up. Saves from having to completely undress.

I’m just now realizing I could also be doing this myself and not having to get completely undressed. It would probably work for an adult also.

Reactions: Diaperfreak
Recommendation tab style diapers for changing in public. Most of the time if I use a pull up and it needs to be changed in public I will pull my pants down rip off the pull up and put my pants back on. I normally won't put another diaper on just because it is too difficult to put a pull up on in public.

If you wear pullups to avoid bulkiness, then wearing 2 pairs kinda defeats the purpose, and you might as well go tabbed.

diaperfooties said:
Recommendation tab style diapers for changing in public. Most of the time if I use a pull up and it needs to be changed in public I will pull my pants down rip off the pull up and put my pants back on. I normally won't put another diaper on just because it is too difficult to put a pull up on in public.
what about those who are IC like myself, some of us including me wear IC pull-ups in public to be discreet about wearing them

Fangs said:
what about those who are IC like myself, some of us including me wear IC pull-ups in public to be discreet about wearing them

That is a good question the best advice I can give is don't use pull ups no one is going to notice diapers I have worn 24/7 for months and months even at work no one ever said anything.

I personally use mega max just because it lasts all day so you don't have to worry about changing in public. Never had a single person even hint at the fact they suspect me as wearing diapers.

I am not IC so I cant speak from the same point of view as you but I will say this most people don't notice and if they do they won't say anything or make fun of you.

Fangs said:

Like me. Waiter! Reality check please!

Please, please, filter fantasy from practical, living it, advice. Try changing at stores with private bathrooms - like Starbucks. Not to push the brand, they are just easy to find. There are also, discreet tape on diapers to use as a backup if you cannot find a single bathroom. Sorry, Mega, multi-liter whatevers are not. I start with a pull up, and keep in my bag a pull-up and a thin diaper just in case.

Sadly, had to retire those 80’s short shorts and tube socks. Okay, not sad!

daylight said:
Like me. Waiter! Reality check please!

Please, please, filter fantasy from practical, living it, advice. Try changing at stores with private bathrooms - like Starbucks. Not to push the brand, they are just easy to find. There are also, discreet tape on diapers to use as a backup if you cannot find a single bathroom. Sorry, Mega, multi-liter whatevers are not. I start with a pull up, and keep in my bag a pull-up and a thin diaper just in case.

Sadly, had to retire those 80’s short shorts and tube socks. Okay, not sad!
I am not speaking from a fantasy I am speaking from someone that has lived 24/7 working and living in diapers. Yes I am not IC but that does not change the fact that I have dealt with the same issues meaning changing in public and things of that nature.

All I said is that mega max has worked well for me not in a made up world but real life work, shopping, ect. I am not saying it will work for every person and every situation but it is a valid solution that may work for certain situations and people.

diaperfooties said:
That is a good question the best advice I can give is don't use pull ups no one is going to notice diapers I have worn 24/7 for months and months even at work no one ever said anything.

I personally use mega max just because it lasts all day so you don't have to worry about changing in public. Never had a single person even hint at the fact they suspect me as wearing diapers.

I am not IC so I cant speak from the same point of view as you but I will say this most people don't notice and if they do they won't say anything or make fun of you.
I guess it all comes down to the norm and how people see you I've always feared judgement of others because of my condition. I guess we're all privy to our own experiences that define us. I don't agree with people having intent on trying to find ways to become IC or anything like that its a can of worms. so public changes can be an issue so my big word of advice I would give people is always find a spot to change that is effectively out of public view like public restrooms or portapotties or behind some bushes if you really need to change, as long as your not in public view because people will give looks and it can be embarrassing for many in that situation

I usually either find a family washroom or handicap bathroom and go in there and lovk the door then change it usually take shoes and pants off then pull my new pull-ups up after I take the old one off

if it’s a poop mess I will lay down to change

sometimes you can just go i to a stall in the washroom and pull everything down and change

I have also changed them sitting on the potty

pull pants down sit down undo old diaper and if they are huggies pull-ups they have tabs you can do them up with so put new diaper on and do ip tabs then dispose of in trash

Fangs said:
I guess it all comes down to the norm and how people see you I've always feared judgement of others because of my condition. I guess we're all privy to our own experiences that define us. I don't agree with people having intent on trying to find ways to become IC or anything like that its a can of worms. so public changes can be an issue so my big word of advice I would give people is always find a spot to change that is effectively out of public view like public restrooms or portapotties or behind some bushes if you really need to change, as long as your not in public view because people will give looks and it can be embarrassing for many in that situation
I am sure if I were IC my whole life I would probably be very self conscious about it as well. Although I do want to tell you and anyone reading this that this is not something to worry about or be self conscious about. I know it's easier said than done.

I completely agree with you on not making yourself IC in any way I wear 24/7 most of the time but never harmed my self in anyway to become IC. I will admit a part of me wants to be IC but I don't believe in harming or altering my body for something like this.

diaperfooties said:
I am sure if I were IC my whole life I would probably be very self conscious about it as well. Although I do want to tell you and anyone reading this that this is not something to worry about or be self conscious about. I know it's easier said than done.

I completely agree with you on not making yourself IC in any way I wear 24/7 most of the time but never harmed my self in anyway to become IC. I will admit a part of me wants to be IC but I don't believe in harming or altering my body for something like this.
i'm kind of glad you wouldn't do that, there was actually a doctor 10 years ago or probably more where some were paying him to make them IC, i'm glad people like that get arrested. anyhow as long as your spot to change is reasonable when changing, I've had to change in weird places, an old storage closet being on when I was back in highschool, wow that was almost 10 years ago

Last edited:
Reactions: diaperfooties
Fangs said:
i'm kind of glad you wouldn't do that, there was actually a doctor 10 years ago or probably more where some were paying him to make them IC, i'm glad people like that get arrested. anyhow as long as your spot to change is reasonable when changing, I've had to change in weird places, an old storage closet being on when I was back in highschool, wow that was almost 10 years ago
I can't imagine how difficult that would be having IC as a kid especially in high school. School was already pure hell for me so not sure I could have made it with IC on top of everything else.

I always make sure to change in private and I never flaunt the fact that I am diapered. I keep that stuff to myself no need for anyone else to know.

pgfdp said:
When we change kids at work who use stretch pullups, I’ve been taught by veteran teachers to pull down pants, sit child on the toilet, remove shoe and pants from one leg, and then put the pull-up on while shoving the pants through the leg of the pull-up. Then, put pants and shoe back on, stand up, rip old diaper off, wipe, and pull everything up. Saves from having to completely undress.

I’m just now realizing I could also be doing this myself and not having to get completely undressed. It would probably work for an adult also.
This. I’ve done this to change out of a diaper into regular underwear; it works, and is anyone really looking under the adjacent stall anyway? (I was wearing panties the last time I did this, which added a layer of intrigue/excitement.) But like a lot of others have said, try using regular diapers instead of pull-ups. They’re way better, but they’re also easier to change into and out of in public, especially if you’ve got access to a private washroom.

diaperfooties said:
I can't imagine how difficult that would be having IC as a kid especially in high school. School was already pure hell for me so not sure I could have made it with IC on top of everything else.

I always make sure to change in private and I never flaunt the fact that I am diapered. I keep that stuff to myself no need for anyone else to know.
that's good I try to be discreet myself these days.

Back