Need advice on DJ, music mixing, sampling software for Windows Vista *Video editing software advice to reduce thread count

Which one is right?

• Dj Red

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PCDJ

• Audicuty

• any other good software goes here

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
i am looking for a possibly open source dj mixing software for my PC [vista]
and an audio chopping/sampling/dj mixes/mpc 3000 like keyboard emulator software without a steep learning curve
to not add to my thread count i will ask for you to give me a suggestion for video editing software with a slow learning curve.

EDIT: on Saturday i got this computer upgrade for Vista. i am still trying to find a Windows XP theme.
any suggestions.
PS: is Sony Vegas good??

Last edited:

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
I use Cool Edit Pro, but it's not free. Audacity is.

Also, why on earth would you want to switch back to XP's Luna theme? I used XP a while ago, and it did indeed look like the "Fisher Price" theme.

EDIT: Reducing tag vandalism would be appreciated.

Last edited:

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Audio chopping and sampling you can easily do in Audacity.

DJ mixing program, thats up to you.
I use Traktor 2. I find that a lot easier to use and I able to slow it down to 99%.

With Virtual DJ you can do Backspin effect and double effects and LFO and other stuff unlike Traktor.

MPC3000 You won't need cos Virtual DJ has something similar built in.

Again up to you.

Role
Private
Well, I use Ableton for almost everything. However it's really more of a performance/production piece of software, rather than mixing, although it does allow the editing and mastering required to mix.

The learning curve for the basic functions of it aren't steep. But if you want to get some real power out of it, you'll have to learn it.

Rene

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent, Other
stick to virtual dj
it will help u go from beginner to novice
because it has effects and all built in
however as u move on (if being a dj is what u want) u will get into higher priced mixers and equipment then u start getting built in effects and stuff then virtual dj becomes obsolete
thats where u start using programs with lower latency like serato and traktor or stick to virtual dj
trust me im a dj and i own my own company out here
that usually how it goes, and thats the most effective way to do it also
however i would recommend that u get ur hands on some type of controller like a numark total control, something

also if ur serious about djing i suggest u get ur hands on an old record player or turntable
and learn to beatmatch the old school way if not then you will be totally dependant on softwares and what if ur laptop breaks and ur have to do a gig with cd's or what ever

just some thoughts
oh and as far as video editing just use windows movie maker
its free and u chances are u probly already have it installed
if ur using a pc

Corri

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Incontinent, Carer
Sony Vegas, and FruityLoops... cant go wrong.

Spirit

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Other
Fruityloops? What the..?

Anyway, Cool Edit Pro is a good piece of software, it's also easy to use (and obtain *coughtpbcough*)

kevintje

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
virtual dj all the way, I havn't seen much better programs then that...

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I got a question about something in your thread name... what does "video editing software advice to reduce thread count" mean anyway?

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I got a question about something in your thread name... what does "video editing software advice to reduce thread count" mean anyway?
i did ADISC a favor by saving a new thread from being made.

Status
Not open for further replies.