Need a hand!

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

Error404

YouTube - csi ny 508 part 2

Can ANYONE name the music that starts at around 6:20?

Click on the time of the top comment to jump straight to that section.

Thanks for any help.

+Rep for a positive identification!/Info that leads to it.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Music Featured:
Better Than Heaven by Bloc Party.
Hold Up by Nelly feat. T.I. and LL Cool J.
Fade Into You by Mazzy Star

That was all I found online but I don't think it was any of those songs
If you want to listen to the whole song have fun though
Sorry

Role
  1. Private
Seems like most places list the following tracks:

Now I checked it out, it's definitely not the Nelly track and pretty sure it isn't the Mazzy Star one.

I couldn't get a decent enough copy of the Bloc Party track, although it does sound pretty familiar.

It's a good track too, I'd like to know what it is as well.

Mandy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Seems like most places list the following tracks:

Now I checked it out, it's definitely not the Nelly track and pretty sure it isn't the Mazzy Star one.

I couldn't get a decent enough copy of the Bloc Party track, although it does sound pretty familiar.

Haha I beat ya to it! *sticks tounge out*

E

Error404

If so, that'll make it SERIOUSLY hard for me to get a hold of. X_x

Thanks for the info so far, guys.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Luke is probably right.

In most cases, especially with television programs, music published independently from the television show requires a massive royalty price for them to use. A lot of the time, that price is going to over-extend the logical budget of the show. That makes it a lot more effective to use an in-house composer with a vast set of resources. Better to pay one guy a good deal of money to be a reliable composer than pay potentially millions for the release rights of a single song.

Nexeon

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I spent some time looking into it. It looks like Lukie is probably right about it being an original composition made specifically for CSI NY. Sounds fairly likely it's a short instrumental bit that doesn't even have a name. It's possible that what was played in the episode is the whole thing and there isn't anymore to it.

This probably won't help much, but it's one of the most useful sites I found while looking, it's a thread from someone who seems to be obsessed with the titles of music from CSI NY:

OFFICIAL CSI:NY MUSIC Thread

He stopped posting songs on episode 07 of season 5, one episode before this one, which is kind of annoying. However he posted recently saying he's going to post more for other episodes. In all likelyhood he probably won't post anything for the song if it's a nameless instrumental bit though, since he said he usually doesn't, but you never know.

If you don't have any luck finding it, you could find a good quality copy of the episode and use an audio recording program to record it to mp3. It wouldn't be long, about a minute, but it would be better than nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.