Nearsighted? This tip could help getting diapers easier on the stress.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
So, what usually happens when you try to go out to a supermarket to get diapers? You feel scared, and very stressed out because you think everyone is watching you.

I can't say for others, but myself I am nearly blind in my right eye, and my left eye sucks as well. I'm extremely nearsighted. One day, I went to buy myself a new 18 pack of diapers. What did I do? I took off my glasses for the purchase! It helped extremely with the "everyone-is-watching-you" anxiety because you can't really see anyone in the store! It lifts a tremendous load when you can't see if people are actually looking at you or if they aren't.

So if you're nearsighted, give this tip a try.

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
That sounds like a really.. odd tip if you ask me. My right eye is probably equally bad as yours is, but my left is not bad enough to use your trick so the trick will not work.

It's good that you're willing to share the odd experience you had with others, I'm quite sure someone will find use in the tip!

So.. do you reckon sunglasses have the same effect?

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
  2. Other
Not really, because you can still see the people around you. The point of my tip is, is to make it so you can't see them as well as you normally would.

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
Not really, because you can still see the people around you. The point of my tip is, is to make it so you can't see them as well as you normally would.

Which is why I was wondering if sunglasses might help because sunglasses alter the colours so it's not like you normally see people

of course you can just as well buy a set of glasses that isn't your strength and they'd unsharpen your image if you're not extremely nearsighted! :D

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
Lol...that's some fancy strategy.

I would work for me, but while my left eye is pretty useless and could, indeed, not see anything further away than 2inches, my other eye does see everything without glasses.

Peachy

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
This doesn't work for me because I can see decent in both eyes, but my right eye washes out color, is a little dark, and can see this post from 16 inches.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
Well, my eyes are bad enough that I need glasses, but not nearly that bad. This trick might not work for me, as I could still make out just how many people see me buying this pack of diapers.

AbbeyJunction

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
didnt work for me, i already tryed this technique ^.^; though im sure it will work for some. for example, you.

ballucanb

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I have to put my reading glasses on to read the size, otherwise I'd wind up with diapers that are way too big, because I never see any smalls just medium large and xlarge.

But I do wear sunglasses at all times when I'm not home.

redtails

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
  3. Other
I have to put my reading glasses on to read the size, otherwise I'd wind up with diapers that are way too big, because I never see any smalls just medium large and xlarge.

But I do wear sunglasses at all times when I'm not home.

Do the sunglasses help you give a feeling of anonymity? Do they help you feel less stressed? Any information is useful, as long as it's said and spread!

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I have a different method of coping with the feeling that people are looking at you. I always have a little story as to why I am buying them. Not necessary as no one ever raises the topic, but it makes me feel better.

harry3220

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
wouldnt taking your glasses off also throw off people you know, becuase youll lose part of your identity. I also wear a certain hat and shirt that i never wear anywhere else and its of a completely different style than I would normaly wear. I will also untuck my shirt to further throw people off as i always have my shirt tucked in.

monkster

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
So, what usually happens when you try to go out to a supermarket to get diapers? You feel scared, and very stressed out because you think everyone is watching you.

I can't say for others, but myself I am nearly blind in my right eye, and my left eye sucks as well. I'm extremely nearsighted. One day, I went to buy myself a new 18 pack of diapers. What did I do? I took off my glasses for the purchase! It helped extremely with the "everyone-is-watching-you" anxiety because you can't really see anyone in the store! It lifts a tremendous load when you can't see if people are actually looking at you or if they aren't.

So if you're nearsighted, give this tip a try.
Sorry, offtopic, but.. Holy crap! Are you my clone?! I'm blind in my right eye and not doing so well in my left also!

:O

In any case, that is a pretty good idea, but I don't wear my glasses much lol.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I foresee one problem. What if you run into someone you know, but since you don't have your glasses on, can't see them? I know if I was walking around without my glasses, I wouldn't know who was standing 4 feet in front of me. It's a good idea, just make sure you're in an area of town that you're certain you won't know anyone in.

Lexi

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
LOL my problem is that if I took off my glasses I would not be able to find the diapers, I would be almost totally blind. Nice tip though, good luck to all who try!

Lexi

B

babydiaper24

Why be so stress about buying diapers just buy them don't worry about what other think most people are worry about there owen life than why guy or girl next to them is buy diaper .

So buy your diaper and enjoy life without be stress out about shopping for diapers.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Conversely, if you have good vision you could wear someone's prescription and get the same result. Doubles as a disguise!

Status
Not open for further replies.