Nature Vs. Nurture?

Nature vs. Nurture

• Nature (born as AB/DL)

Votes: 24 27.3%
  • Nurture (caused by real life incident)

Votes: 22 25.0%
  • A little mix of both.

Votes: 42 47.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer
So today in psychology we talked about the different things in our world that make us up as individuals. I was just wondering for all of you, do you think you are AB/DL because it was something you were "born" into, (nature), or do you think it was caused by some incident/specific time in your life.

Personally, I went with "nature" because these are feelings I've had for as long as I can remember, (all my life, maybe)

Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer
There really is no debate that can be made to support 'nature' as an argument.

Do people, or any other animals wear diapers in nature? Nope? Well there you have it. It's obviously nurture. You can't roll this down the same trail as the "gay, nature/nurture?" debate, because there are MANY incidents of animals gayin' it up by themselves.

Much as I myself might like to say it's nature's intention I wear, it simply isn't. I wore as a child, these were obviously simpler/better times, and these days it gives a feeling of comfort and/or security.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Diaperfur
I say mine's nurture ... I probably wouldn't be into it at all if I didn't hang out in my old church's nursery and steal diapers all the time when I was 5! :neener_neener:

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer

Do people, or any other animals wear diapers in nature? Nope? Well there you have it. It's obviously nurture. You can't roll this down the same trail as the "gay, nature/nurture?" debate, because there are MANY incidents of animals gayin' it up by themselves.

Much as I myself might like to say it's nature's intention I wear, it simply isn't. I wore as a child, these were obviously simpler/better times, and these days it gives a feeling of comfort and/or security.
wow, thats a really good point. i never really thought about that. But, some of us have always felt the need to be "little", and the diapers and other paraphernalia that comes along with it would be considered 'nurture' i guess. So, maybe it it's a little mix of both.

Last edited:

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Probably nurture for me. I was bullied all throughout school and found it very difficult to make friends, so I probably wanted to regress to a time when I felt loved and cared about (babyhood).

nites

Rep for CrinkleCrate
Company Rep
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I would say a little bit of both for me. I can remember liking diapers for as long as I can remember. But I was also kept in diapers till I was at least three And I gess I loved My bottle. so I dont know if it was nature or nurture

Rational

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I was a really late potty trainer. And thats probably why i wear today maybe. Well that probably spiked my interest in them. And have me take some from my little bro. Chances are a mix.

Neonite

Tinyflower Bouquet // 🌂🌸🌼💮🌙
Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little, Other
I'd say mostly nurture for me. >_>

Since first grade or so, there's always been people who loved to harass and annoy me. I guess part of me associated that kind of thing with growing up, and wanted my life to stay simple and happy. But I'unno. n.n;

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I too would say nurture. I was adopted at age 2. For a while I was in an adoptive agency. My birth parents didn't want me, and I can imagine how potty training went. Anyway, I've always wanted to be in diapers. I can remember as far back as when I was 4 wanting to be put back.

Jon

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Well, I remember it going back as long as I can remember, but I was adopted at a very young age, and my shrink told me that very likely events that took place that I can't even remember have shaped my feelings about diapers, which I'm inclined to believe. I don't know what, per se, but I also stopped trying to figure it out once I realized I wasn't alone.

LaramFox

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Sissy
Yeah, I Think I Was, As You Put It "Born Into It" But... IDK? The Youngest Memory I Have Of Me & Diapers... Is Once When I Was 5, I Still Wet The Bed, Or So My Parents Thought, I'd Get Them To Let Me Wear One To Bed & Wet It Before I Go To Sleep Or When I Wake Up, Tricked Them Good. So, Yeah.. And Uhh, A Few Years After That, My Sisters Wore Them For Bedwetting, Even Though They *Almost* Never Accually Wet The Bed, And I Used To Take Some Of Theirs. (Theres Only A Year Between Them) So, I'm Unsure, Was I "Born Into It" Or Not? I've Always Been Into Little Kids Toys Etc. My Brother Had This Turtle That Played A Tune, I Loved That, That Was Like, 2 Years Ago... Toy Cars Etc, PlayDoh, Other Little Kids Things.. ^.^

Heh, Why Do I Keep Posting In AB Topics? Lol, This Is Relivant To TB's Too, So I Guess... Eh... Where Was I? ....

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy, Carer, Other
Perhaps some genetic trait that makes a person more susceptible to getting a fetish + early experience(s) = Infantilist.
So both, IMO.

Squigma

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur

Well, I do remember reading somewhere about some grown animals that are still occasionally babied by their mother in times of stress. I can't think of where I saw it, so I can't remember exactly what it said... but yeah, I'm pretty sure it does happen.

Besides, the fact that animals don't wear diapers in nature doesn't shoot down the idea entirely - you have to ask if they would be attracted to them if they did wear them. Perhaps a genetic trait that leads them towards something like that, that's then set off when the actually experience a diaper?

I'm not really sure. But I guess it's a mix of the two, really.

teddy564339

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Babyfur
Yeah, I don't see any way that you could argue that *B/DLism is 100% nature. I mean, the only reason we like diapers is that we wore them as babies...I don't see how we could be born into that.

However, there may be some nature elements to it. It may be that genetically we were more likely set up to become *B/DL's. However, I think that for just about everyone at least something about our upbringing led to us being this way.

I don't think it's a viable argument to say that nature is the driving factor just because you've had these feelings for as long as you can remember...because there are nurture factors affecting you before you can remember anything. I honestly think our experiences from birth to one year old can have an impact on *B/DLism (anything, for that matter).

So that's my opinion on the whole thing (I actually feel the same about homosexuality, but that's a lot trickier). I think genetically some people may be more predisposed to be *B/DL or gay or anything, but they're not automatically born that way. In the end I think our experiences, even seemingly minor or unimportant details that we don't even remember, lead to people being *B/DL. I've always felt like our experiences shape who we are more than our genes anyway...and I don't think this is any different.

Ultima

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Sissy
I would say that it was nature, because I've wanted to be in diapers for as long as I can remember. But there are things in life that make me think it started to happen later on. I personally am deeply, morbidly afraid of death, and have been for as long as I can remember. And even more especially now, because I'm athiest, and don't believe in any form of after-life. I see death as the ultimate in ending (Imagine the giant "GAME OVER" screen on a video game). And I don't under any circumstances ever want to die.

So I think that slowly throughout life I realized that I didn't want to die and wanted to find ways to escape the inevitable. And as a baby, that's like the beginning of life, where you've just now begun, and perhaps as I grew up subconsciously I realized that and wanted to embrace that time, to somehow slow the "finale" that we all experience.

I voted as a combination of the two, because of how long I've had the desires, and the events that led to it also.

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
For me it's a combination of the two. I had some events/experiences in my life that affected my desire for diapers and wearing them was a survivor technique when I grew older - due to stress, loneliness and the need for cuddling and comfort.

Otherwise I believe it was nature as I always thought about diapers.

Nam Repaid

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Defiantly a mix, I’ve been prone to kinks as long as I can remember, age 3 – 4 or so. Like many have mentioned I was a victim rather than a bully for most of my early years so the “DL with minor AB tendencies” may be some type of subconscious safety net. I prefer to feel in control of myself and that its just one of many little kinks that I enjoy.

Nam

dprdinky

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Carer
Ok to help out those who may not be familiar of the difference.

Definite - You are sure it is something you agree about, or you know for sure it is the correct answer.

Defiant - Go against, stubborn, Refuse to do something you are told you must do.

Please forgive me if this is not a good place to assist in using correct wording/spelling.

Last edited:
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur

Do people, or any other animals wear diapers in nature?
Do any other animals speak a language? Nope? Then language is a nurture aspect, not a natural aspect to humans.

I'd argue that there's some genetic possibility because of the fact our ancestors needed diapers for children in order to survive as per a hunter gatherer species that we've been until recently. It might be a strange way of thinking about it but we have genes that determine what thumb goes on top when you clasp your hands, for whatever purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.