NASA diapers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Those aren't actual NASA diaper...They don't use some name brand thing, they have their own kind

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
They used to have their own kind. But they most probably use comercial diapers now.

I saw the one they used before, it was like a tight padded white boxer short.

Think about it, it would be a hell lot more economical to buy comercial diaper than making their own.

They have a serial name thing to designate them. I forgot how they call it, but it's like military rifle. US army use the M4, the same rifle is called a C8 in Canada and something else elsewhere. It's the same armalite, made under another name.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
They used to have their own kind. But they most probably use comercial diapers now.

Think about it, it would be a hell lot more economical to buy comercial diaper than making their own.

Uh...No. They aren't going to use some commercial brand, when their astronauts are on those 6+ hour space walks. They need their own kind to be able to hold everything, and to protect the suit.

NickofNewjersey

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I thought most space suits used tubes for liquid waste. diaper change in space lol. nogravity!.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Diapers are used for womens. Men use a collector attached externally.

6h space walk, no problem. Forget about the lack of gravity? No leaks in space! A standard high quality diaper will do.

I use Tena super and I can wear them 8 hours and up with no leaks. Last time I checked, I lived in a 1G zone hehe.

Lazy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Incontinent

They have a serial name thing to designate them. I forgot how they call it, but it's like military rifle. US army use the M4, the same rifle is called a C8 in Canada and something else elsewhere. It's the same armalite, made under another name.

M4 is the model of the Rifle. Just like AR15 is the model made by Armalite. I believe the M16, M4, and M733 are manufactured by Colt.

bob111

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
M4 is the model of the Rifle. Just like AR15 is the model made by Armalite. I believe the M16, M4, and M733 are manufactured by Colt.

That's what I'm saying. M4 is the US military designation for the rifle. It's now comonly called like this.

Or, you could call it the Bushmaster 5.56 if you had this type of receiver, wich is basicly the same.

Diapers goes in different names, like stores diapers that are generics diapers, but all the same.

Tena is a brand name from CSA, wich make other diapers like the Tena but under other names. I forgot how they called them, I saw them once.

Role
  1. Babyfur
Diapers are used for womens. Men use a collector attached externally.

They used to do that. Now everyone wears diapers because they figured out diapers are less horrifying than a vaccuum attached to your privates.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Doesn't anyone know how to read? It says right in the description that it's based on the same technology used by NASA.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Que? If we can't read, how can we answer you...

*rimshot*

Anyway, male astronauts can wear diapers (or whatever NASA decides to call them) on launch and reentry. When spacewalking, they typically wear a urine collection device. Kind of like a condom with a hose attached. Women only wear diapers, as developing a female urine collection device turned out to be much more trouble then its worth.

g6s

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
*rimshot*

Anyway, male astronauts can wear diapers (or whatever NASA decides to call them) on launch and reentry. When spacewalking, they typically wear a urine collection device. Kind of like a condom with a hose attached. Women only wear diapers, as developing a female urine collection device turned out to be much more trouble then its worth.

no, they wear the MAGs....

they quit using those collector things altogether... and they have their own brand! their garments aren't available commercially so its not about just looking hard for them.... you simply cant find them!

and they're not even diapers, they're pull-ups....

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
The MAG is actually out of production. NASA shut down the factory a few years ago... but apparently they have enough of them in a warehouse somewhere to last for the forseeable future.

There are a few new diapers on the market that claim to be based off of "NASA Technology". This probably means that NASA sold off the patent and manufacturing equipment for the MAG to a private company that is now marketting what is essentially the same thing for civillian use.

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
Actually, on a recent TV documentary about the preparations for the Hubble repair mission (on National Geographic channel I think) one of the shuttle commanders was demonstrating what was involved in prepping fro a spacewalk, and when he went into the changing room to don his coolsuit (personal thermal control) he turned and flipped a disposable diaper open/ closed and said something to the effect of " it all starts with a diaper".

EDIT: Is this the longest sentence ever?

Last edited:

qdpl

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
actually i sent for a sample and was the best diaper ive ever had 3 wettings and it was still comfortable diapersuperstore carries them in packs of 20
after attends w waistband this is one of my favorites

E

Elli

I had wondered about NASA nappies. I've also heard that some divers wear nappies under dry-suits. Don't know whether that's true. The physics of nappies in zero gravity is interesting though. I sure hope the space helmet is seperated from the lower end of the space suit!

CVS91

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
How strange. Everyone is arguing over whether or not they wear diapers. Personally, I would choose a diaper over any kind of vacuum or tubing on my "area." Of course...I am a tad biased. =]

I would have to assume that they wear diapers. Only because that's what it's always been growing up. Astronauts where diapers. =\

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.