nappys and still figuring things out

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
A few years ago I woke up to being wet with pee and it’s felt a bit daunting trying to figure out what works, at first I would wear pads but I would get thrush from where they heated me up so I would not wear those and when I woke up wet I would keep changing my underwear but when you go out this isn’t ideal but luckily I don’t go out often. It seems like it’s getting worse lately so i decides to try nappies (diapoers) and for some strange reason they don’t heat me up like pads did which is strange, but learning to put them on is a learning curve, I managed to put them on stood up for the first time last night but I’m still trying brands and seeing what works best. I tried peekabu because they didn’t have bunny hops in stock but I’ve managed to source some bunny hops. I have mixed feelings about nappies, they are comfortable and I seem to sleep better when I use them. I don’t fully understand the extent of my incontinence it’s only pee I leak.

When I sleep I wake up fully wet at the front , but if I try to pee in my diapier voluntary it doesn’t want to happen and I don’t know if doing that will make it even worse. Since I have autism I struggle to drink as much fluids as I should but I pee it’s seems a awful lot. I’m not sure what to use to prevent leaking. Nappy’s are new to me as an adult so I’m still try to figure out what works best, It’s not so bad that I wet the bed but let’s say my knickers only last about an hour or two before they are noticeable wet from pee

Reactions: warmfeeling

pjdjs

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Incontinent
I have worn nappies for years I still find it hard to accept

• Love
Reactions: warmfeeling and babyraggydolls

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
pjdjs said:
I’m sorry 💕 it’s not easy having any kind of bladder or similar issues and i don’t think I got my head around it, it happens and I don’t have any say, tonight I’m just laying on a towel I guess I’m scared to wet the bed

BlameBaby

✝️"River Valley Ages - Everything U do"✝️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
pjdjs said:
I don't believe baby's like me should be embarrassed because if someone did ask they would probably let me pass for being mentally challenged.. in school I had a IEP and I don't mind being coddled. I have a lot of mental challenges myself I'm not classified but I know one thing I'm definitely on the autistic spectrum

Last edited:

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
BlameBaby said:
I don't believe baby's like me should be embarrassed because if someone did ask they would probably let me pass for being mentally challenged.. in school I had a IEP and I don't mind being coddled. I have a lot of mental challenges myself I'm not classified but I know one thing I'm definitely on the autistic spectrum
Me too I am on the spectrum and could do the same

• Love
Reactions: warmfeeling and BlameBaby

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Get your self some good PUL pants to cover your nappy
Also willingly peeing your nappy will take time

Reactions: Constantlydamp and warmfeeling

Cammer

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
parcelboy2 said:
Get your self some good PUL pants to cover your nappy
Also willingly peeing your nappy will take time
I can agree, the PUL pants are a life saver. I don’t wear them all the time with disposables but if I am having a really wet day or if i know I will be driving and pushing the limits on my time or if im staying over at a house and I want that extra security of knowing I won’t leak the PUL pants work amazing, they have helped stop a leak or two and they really boosted my confidence of not worrying about leaks. I’ve only been in diapers for about 6months and only been in diapers I found the most comfortable and work the best for maybe 3 months, so the PUL pants help that confidence boost.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, warmfeeling and parcelboy2

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Cammer said:
I can agree, the PUL pants are a life saver. I don’t wear them all the time with disposables but if I am having a really wet day or if i know I will be driving and pushing the limits on my time or if im staying over at a house and I want that extra security of knowing I won’t leak the PUL pants work amazing, they have helped stop a leak or two and they really boosted my confidence of not worrying about leaks. I’ve only been in diapers for about 6months and only been in diapers I found the most comfortable and work the best for maybe 3 months, so the PUL pants help that confidence boost.
I’m nearly 11 months in to 24/7 and they’ve saved me a few times as well

babyraggydolls

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
Thank you guys I will look in to Pul pants

Napincolove

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
27 years in disposables (tabbed ) and it is like most ic people we hate leaks and in order to prevent them lots of people turn to the "full on" disposables as the answer and you soon get used to them, you are already half way to acceptance as they make getting a better nights sleep which is usually the biggest stumbling block to wearing.
You soon get used to them and the benefits are the comfort and security they offer will soon become apparent.

Unorthodoxengineer

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Voluntarily wetting won't make it worse (or better). Just do it if you feel like it / need to.
If you can find a nappy that's comfortable & feels secure (from leaking) - you'll get a better nights sleep as a result.
I only wet accidentally, maybe one night in 10 - but always wear them just for the reassurance. Also, in the winter, being able to have a wee in a nice warm bed is much better than having to go to a freezing bathroom!