Diaper or nappy?
is it just NZ that calls it nappy?

CookieMonstah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Commonwealth countries such as the UK, New Zealand and Australia call it a nappy from folding napkin, diaper is usually an American term I believe it first originated from a Shakespeare novel, Taming of The Shrew.

As for me I grew up in the UK but I mainly use the word diaper.

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other
I honestly prefer Nappy to Diaper, mostly because of how it sounds, But I have used both words.

siysiy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other

Nope the temptations too much, I going to have scratch the itch.

It not our fault that you Americans can't speak English. There I said it.

and Yes it was just to just to provoke a reaction.

we have so many words for things as long as we understand each other then it fine.

but I do have nappy's and I suck a dummy like a proper English baby, hee, hee.

I am going to get some stick for this.

parcelboy2

Padded Truck driver
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little

we have so many words for things as long as we understand each other then it fine.

Now stop it Sissi r they'll throw their toys out the pram and take their frilly bonnet off

KittyninjaW

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
  6. Little
  7. Other

:laugh:I am sorry but I just can't help laugh at what you said about Americans not speaking English, also, I truly feel that it's correct as long as someone understands us, we should be okay.

Akastus

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Commonwealth countries such as the UK, New Zealand and Australia call it a nappy from folding napkin, diaper is usually an American term I believe it first originated from a Shakespeare novel, Taming of The Shrew.

As for me I grew up in the UK but I mainly use the word diaper.

The Taming of the Shrew was the earliest known use, but I doubt it originated there. Diapering refers to a repeated pattern of geometric shapes, usually diamonds, and diaper-cloth was a cotton or linen fabric exhibiting such a pattern. In the context that it was used in the play, it would seem that Shakespeare was describing what we would call a towel. Which figures, since even today, terry-cloth is used for both nappies and towels.

And in my case, nappy. I consciously avoid the use of the word diaper, since it always struck me that being so accustomed to the term that you reflexively use it in a situation where any other Briton would say nappy is somewhat suspicious. Especially if you have no children and have never lived in the US.

terig

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
:smile::smile:its funny though, I have always called them nappies ( I'm a little Aussie), but, the more involved I get with respect to wearing same, if i'm looking for similar on the web, I'll call up 'diapers' silly isn't it, ( giggles):smile:

atechno

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I grew up in the UK hearing them being called nappies. Since getting involved in the AB/DL community I'm used to reading and writing diaper more, but nappy still sounds more babyish to me. :)

D

D1aperBOY

I grew up in the UK hearing them being called nappies. Since getting involved in the AB/DL community I'm used to reading and writing diaper more, but nappy still sounds more babyish to me. :)
I agree atechno, it does sound a little babyish (even though I sort of am a baby for wearing them:):))
I might start calling it a diaper now (I'm from NZ).
Even if the stupid flag didn't change, I'm still going to try and change what I call the things I love wearing/wetting.:):)

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover

What? Youze tink us boyz in da U. S. don't speak so good? Maybe I should send Louise and Rocky ova' ta' yo place and maybe have dem ruff youze up a bit!!!!

It gets even more interesting in the South. Oh honey child. Now don't you go all frettin' yourself ona counta the way we talk. We make up for it with our fried chicken. Y'all come and have some, hear.

Back to topic. (I just had to have some fun) Being a U. S. citizen and born here, I grew up with the word diaper. As I said in my short story, "Coffee Stop", "The word 'diaper' had so much power of me. It always did."

INeedACuddle

Banned
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I am from the UK so I call them Nappies, and there is just something so comforting and cute about the word Nappy to me, I often catch myself saying "Nap Nap Nappyyyyyyyyyyyy" Haha :)

LittleLettuce

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
I'm from the US, so I use the term "diaper." I also use derivatives of the word, such as "diapie."

Nappy is a great word too, and it does sound nice and babyish. While I use "diaper," I have no issue with "nappy."

Kaliborio

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I'm Australian.

My default word for them is 'diapers' because most of my conversations about diapers are with Americans through the internet, and because even in Australia, DLs are called DLs.

I have to force myself to use 'nappies' in real life because 'diapers' just sounds weird and alien in an Aussie conversation. (N.B.: If I'm talking to someone who knows that I wear but not that I have a kink, they become 'briefs'.)

D

D1aperBOY

I have to force myself to use 'nappies' in real life because 'diapers' just sounds weird and alien in an Aussie conversation. (N.B.: If I'm talking to someone who knows that I wear but not that I have a kink, they become 'briefs'.)
I reckon that's the same in NZ.

P

PyjamaBaby

Anybody heard of NL's?

Nappy lovers?

Seems diaper lovers originated in the U.S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.