Nappy Deliveries and DPD - UK

Yes, they will. You get emailed a link to a one hour delivery slot on the day with driver tracking - one of the options is to tell the driver to leave it in a safe place.

I've only ever once had a problem with DPD and they're my courier of choice as they tend to be reliable and because of the above features. Parcel Force are worst for me, there's a high probability it wont even turn up if it comes with them. Yodel and Hermes drivers around here are fine but I know any people have issues, in fact I think NRU dropped Yodel as a cheaper option due to too many mishaps.

I think peoples' experiences of different couriers vary widely because it depends on the particular depot and their drivers. If a depot is under pressure with its workload or has poor management, more shortcuts will be permitted and parcels are less likely to be handled with respect.

I only had a couple of bad experiences with DPD, and one problem with shipping info from NRU. I did get one delivery re-routed to a Tesco pick-up point which was ideal. Yodel are/were disastrous in my area.

DPD is horrible. They have never once been successful in bringing me my deliveries. Of course, I live in the USA so that could be part of it.

DPD gives you the option to pick up from a 'DPD pickup spot' - like a local newsagent ("store" for you yanks). There are tons of them, and that's what I do. I have to wait an extra day, but DPD delivers it to a newsagent 5 minutes from me and I pick it up from them.

Just search to see if there is a DPD pickup spot in your area. Then when DPD texts you saying your order is out for delivery, just click the website link and get it sent to the pickup spot.

I'm a grown adult but I don't trust DPD. I had a huge order from ABU and was waiting indoors for it to be delivered all day. It got pretty late and I checked the DPD site to see that its status was delivered. I absolutely freaked the fuck out worrying that one of my neighbours could easily open this big box full of scented nappies.

I run around to all my neighbours in the surrounding flats and ask if a delivery was left with them. Nobody has it. Eventually I get through to DPD and they don't know where it was left. Unbelievable. Eventually they spoke to the driver and he went and picked it up - evidently he had left it with some random house in my road. It made no sense - it's not like they could get the number wrong as I live in a block of flats that has a name, not a number.

I like the DPD service, but I will never get them to deliver ABDL stuff to my home again. That was the one time I tried it.

Only DPD pick up locations I have is Hughes and Halfords, which is 2.3 miles away.

I always use DPD and have the App. On the App you can choose to have it delivered to a safeplace and specify where you want it. Never had any issues.

They have been quite reliable for me delivery-wise, the time estimate is accurate, and you have the option to rearrange the date if suddenly you don't expect to be in.

SgtOddball said:
Only DPD pick up locations I have is Hughes and Halfords, which is 2.3 miles away.

Have you received your order since?

trysexiea said:
Have you received your order since?
Not made any orders yet, waiting for more opportune times.

I order very frequently from places that only ship with DPD, and if there are other options I still choose DPD, since for me they're mostly the cheaper option, they have better tracking, notify the time range between what hour their courier will arrive etc.
Sure they're not perfect, but none are, the issues I had with them were:
- Delivery mail not always sent when they're about to come
- Package loaded on the wrong truck, lost a day
- Delivery delayed for unknown reason, lost a day

But the number of incidents was very low.
What I do is have em delivered to a nearby DPD Parcel Pickup store, and pick it up when i can.
EDIT: I missed the part that you mentioned the nearest parcel shop was too far away :( that is a bummer.

It mainly depends on the storage facility it has to pass through (if they're decent) and on the driver taking his job seriously.
Some other couriers have bad results such as always being late for no reason, I even had fresh products (special vegetables) being postponed a day by PostNL because they were too busy with other packages despite teh box being labeled as "Fresh / Perishable" ....

Last edited:
Not really too far away, just too inconvenient without my own form of transport.

I get my NRU DPD deliveries delivered to work as I’m not at home all week and my mum does go out some days so it’s easier to get them to go to work where the office is manned 7am till about 6pm

I've never had problems with DPD. They're always on time for me. I can see where they are before they get to my house which is handy. I don't tend to order online but drive to pick mine up.

Back