Nappy Bins

AComputerGuy

Not a BIG KID yet
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
Does anyone use a baby style nappy bin for disposal?

What model? Any good? How many adult nappies do they hold?

Reactions: Diprs2, Napincolove and 247
Janibel akord 11 gal. Hold around 8 large, I usually have Seni Quattro and Confidry.

Reactions: 247 and diapernh
ODOUR
So I have a question when it comes disposing of Nappies in these bins. No matter the bin i use, the bin liner and the Nappy sacks the problem always becomes the odour from the bin. I now use food grade Zip Bags for my Nappies rather than Nappy sacks which has improved things but eventually the smell penetrates the bathroom.

Has anyone found a workable solution other than emptying the bin before it is full?

I use a Diaper Dekor Plus. I’ve had everything from a bucket-type plastic diaper pail typical in the 1960s and early 1970s to a flip-top Gerry diaper pail my wife bought me for Christmas in 1987. The Dekor is terrific, even though using disposables requires buying refills.

Reactions: Diprs2 and 247
Yes, we have a diaper dekor plus in my nursery.

Reactions: 247 and Diprs2
I’m totally jelly of the Dekor. I’d love to have a purpose-made diaper pail at some point, but there are too many curious muggles around. For now I’m using a totally unbabyish five-gallon bucket with a lid. Works fine and contains odors well. (Though it certainly reeks of austerity!)

Reactions: CLPP, Diprs2 and 247
Same here, a Janibell Akord 330 series that has the large opening. I will say that I put 2-3 full size diapers in it per day, it needs to be emptied at least once a week. If not, then the bad becomes way too heavy to lug to the trash bin.

Also, Rearz is selling diaper pail deodorizer discs.

Reactions: Diprs2 and 247
SoCalSwitch said:
Same here, a Janibell Akord 330 series that has the large opening. I will say that I put 2-3 full size diapers in it per day, it needs to be emptied at least once a week. If not, then the bad becomes way too heavy to lug to the trash bin.

Also, Rearz is selling diaper pail deodorizer discs.I have 2 of the Janibell Akord 330s. Use 1 for disposables and the other for cloth diapers. I can usually fit about 5 used disposables and 5 cloth. The disposable bag can get very heavy though. As long as you make sure the inner flaps are closed completely, there is no odor. You just have to deal with a little odor when it's time to empty, about once a week for my mostly nighttime diaper usage.

When the kids were in nappies we used a nappie wrapper bin. Can't do that in my situation so I have a big paint bucket with black bin bag. Diirty/wet nappies go in snaller ic material recycling bags. With another bin bag over the top the nappies are hidden and there is no smell.

I second the Janibel. Get their largest unit. The liners (trash bag) are replaceable and last over a month each. Once you get used to how they work they more than do the job well...no odors, little maintenance, little effort. When full you pull out enough extra liner to be able to cut it, tie it in a knot, remove the full "bag" and dispose. Best system I've used in the 20 years I've been living with incontinence issues.

Reactions: Diprs2
Not sure if others know but, like some companies have different brands for different markets Janibel, Akord and Diaper Dekor are same product and or company like one is marketed towards babies and one towards healthcare.

When I first became Incont I tried many different ones and settled on the Dekor classic(though the foot pedals in my situation sucks) and for sz Med medical diapers it works well (I will say the avg to Mid-grade medical diapers generally speaking are smaller than the higher capacity ones in all sizes) though I wanted to upgrade to the the Janibel 400DS 13 gallon model which few on here recommend I still have a hard time with not only the price of it($110+) but also liners are up there & feel where it's marketed towards disabled community like other things they jack the price up. So a Dekor Classic 7 Gal is like $35+, Dekor Plus/Janibel/Akord 330 11gal $49+, Janibel 400DS 13 Gal ($110-160+). Also food for thought a Janibel 400bw 11g & 450bw 17gal trash cans that uses liners system but doesn't have top for diapers sells for $65+(so like I mentioned they jack price up for.the 13 gal diaper pail). Per Janibel the difference between 10 & 13gal is 15 Lg diapers per load which assuming are hospital or store grade ones, though size wise the 400DS is bigger overall I personally don't see where 2 Gal will make that big of a difference or a $60+ difference (I personally use 3-4gal trash bags when out and for smelly ones and they hold one maybe 2 diapers) also another difference in the Plus/330 like you can get slightly more discreet bag/liners where bigger ones are clear only and little to no off brand options.

I will add the Dekor, Akord, Janibel has the widest tops for liner baged systems. And the reason I originally chose it and why it's something I still ponder. I will say I did like the Diaper Champ for smaller diapers as it sealed well and it used 13gal.trash bags but bigger diapers get stuck.

Back