Nappies with tapes that were marketed towards the over 3s

lupilu-extra-large-nappies_w555_h555.png

Reactions: abrich and CookieMonstah
Great thread @PCS as ever. I'm impressed with what you find!
I really wish I could remember what I wore when I was six years old... I remember light green/blueish packaging. They were all plastic with some sort of minimal design on the landing pad. Would have been around 1992. I've done a quick Google search and haven't come up with anything. Based on your knowledge do you have any ideas?
I'll try and ask my Mum if I can next time I see her, although she's may be starting to wonder why my sudden interest about my time in nappies as a kid 😂

LittleScotty said:
Great thread @PCS as ever. I'm impressed with what you find!
I really wish I could remember what I wore when I was six years old... I remember light green/blueish packaging. They were all plastic with some sort of minimal design on the landing pad. Would have been around 1992. I've done a quick Google search and haven't come up with anything. Based on your knowledge do you have any ideas?
I'll try and ask my Mum if I can next time I see her, although she's may be starting to wonder why my sudden interest about my time in nappies as a kid 😂
Thanks! None of the pics are mine- I don’t have a collection either- they’re all the result of much Googling!

I think there was a Unichem (NOT Unicharm who make the Japanese nappies) brand back then which was a cheaper generic nappy sold in chemists. I think they came in a green pack at one point.

Can’t find any online but here is the old Unichem logo that I remember...

1595961748975.png

walmart-huggies-pull-ups-new-leaf-training-underwear-2020-1595883570-1595883570.jpg

a38c3497-2c46-4ee1-9835-35aaa399e0f6.ba06e5c9b4a046814ab71ef4edd7dfec.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
PaciL0ver said:

These are freaking adorable and that boy is having the best time in his frozen padding

Reactions: Spidermanbatman
1598469743459.png
1598469850490.jpeg
1598469937538.png
large_476c1721-844a-4bf4-92ef-e5977d3a5602.jpg
large_5cdac1a1-e845-4475-b4e5-871e7783552e.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384
PCS said:
Oh for an adult nappy with this padding arrangement...

View attachment 42984
Yeah, I often wondered about that - why aren't there adult products with that padding arrangement?

perlFerret said:
Yeah, I often wondered about that - why aren't there adult products with that padding arrangement?
Which adult products are closest to this?

TH
AJFan2020 said:
Which adult products are closest to this?
The Forma Care ranges have quite wide and squared-off padding.

So do the ATN’s in the states, but the padding doesn’t come up very high at the front.

perlFerret said:

That looks like someone simply trimmed most of the excess plastic off to use it as a booster.

PampersboyLondon said:
These are freaking adorable and that boy is having the best time in his frozen padding

I use these for overnight for my almost 6 year old. The designs are adorable, the pull-ups really are super soft, and they (surprisingly) hold a TON of pee. A full night's worth for a kid that wets a lot. Not once have his pajamas or bed been wet. They work better than Goodnights/Underjams/Ninjamas!

Reactions: Deleted member 57004, WillFord384 and PampersboyLondon
1600860105084.jpeg

Sorry if this is dumb, but minor clarifying question:

Does the stuff we show here have to be purely older than 3, or is it 3 or older?

Basically, if it was a math problem, is it "age ≥ 3", or "age > 3"?

PurpleScorpion said:
Sorry if this is dumb, but minor clarifying question:

Does the stuff we show here have to be purely older than 3, or is it 3 or older?

Basically, if it was a math problem, is it "age ≥ 3", or "age > 3"?
I would say 3 and over. Not sure the exact percentage but I'd say most are trained by 3 and I think this is about the small minority where companies cater to.

CookieMonstah said:
I would say 3 and over. Not sure the exact percentage but I'd say most are trained by 3 and I think this is about the small minority where companies cater to.
I had in mind this thread because of the ad for Peaudouce Childsize (also known as “Extra” in some markets) from the 1980s where it explicitly stated that the nappies were for ages 3-5.

By that logic I guess “three and over”.

Even though older children can wear their diapers, the companies most likely aren't going to advertise it.
Just like they only talk about wetness protection, and not about poop, or that bedtime pants can be worn
for daytime protection as well.

Reactions: CookieMonstah
12srepaid said:
Even though older children can wear their diapers, the companies most likely aren't going to advertise it.
Just like they only talk about wetness protection, and not about poop, or that bedtime pants can be worn

True, I know a few families with autistic kids that rely on Goodnites even during the day, they used diapers before but their child regressed and didn't want to use the potty at all while he was diapered during the day, so they started to use Goodnites during the day (they don't work for them at night, he's a heavy wetter), sometimes they can manage to convince him to go on the potty.

12srepaid said:
Exactly, disposable nappies were invented to stop poop rather than pee but nowadays it's all about absorbency. To a kid they know a pull-up is pretty much a nappy and won't just not poo in it if they have the chance.

Reactions: 12srepaid
CookieMonstah said:
Exactly, disposable nappies were invented to stop poop rather than pee but nowadays it's all about absorbency. To a kid they know a pull-up is pretty much a nappy and won't just not poo in it if they have the chance.

In all fairness pee is a nice warm sensation and something of a groin hug if you will

unlike poo once you’ve gone it smells, it’s doesn’t go away and not exactly that enjoyable but for me as a ABDL it’s naughty and feels good , but also if your angry or frustrated it makes me feel like I’ve got the angry out into my nappy

The kid in this seems kind of old. YMMV.

Reactions: XLdiapers
Back