Nappies with tapes that were marketed towards the over 3s

Reactions: WillFord384 and BigKid25
GaintSupermaxi24-36kg40pcs.jpg

Diapers from Kuwait, size 7, for a weight of 24-36 Kg
PCS said:
Continental Europeans can always be counted on for not getting stressed about getting older children out of nappies....
Beautybaby nappies are very small, despite what the packaging shows. Pampers are much larger. Size 8 can handle a hip size of 96 cm. Size 5 can handle a hip circumference of 94.5 cm. Really, but it's not very comfortable...

Last edited:
PaciL0ver said:
GaintSupermaxi24-36kg40pcs.jpg

Diapers from Kuwait, size 7, for a weight of 24-36 Kg

Beautybaby nappies are very small, despite what the packaging shows. Pampers are much larger. Size 8 can handle a hip size of 96 cm. Size 5 can handle a hip circumference of 94.5 cm. Really, but it's not very comfortable...
I wonder if a size 8 will ever happen, like listed on the package?

Reactions: onecho
I hope that they put a boy on the next package of Pampers size 8. Nothing wrong with having the girl though.
I like this package just as well. :)
1593918508790.png

I don't know why, but I love this topic/thread.
It's a huge part of the reason I'm a DL. Because I care and understand about older kids that still need diapers.

Last edited:
Reactions: doomsday81 and CookieMonstah
12srepaid said:
I hope that they put a boy on the next package of Pampers size 8. Nothing wrong with having the girl though.
I like this package just as well. :)
View attachment 42639

I don't know why, but I love this topic/thread.
It's a huge part of the reason I'm a DL. Because I care and understand about older kids that still need diapers.
The size 8s are definitely ones where I think the girl is at least 4 years old and you can tell between the other pictures.

billybobtombo said:
Yes that waist size seems totally implausible doesn’t it. 6 stone with a 43 inch waist... hmmm.

Is "stone" really that common of a weight measurement? Something uniquely British? (I thought you were all staunch metric?) How much is it anyway?

I'd say the vast majority of Brits use stone / pounds to describer their weight. One stone = 14 pounds = 6.35 kgs.

I know my weight in stone instantly, but would have to do some mental maths to work it out in kilos.

bambinod said:
Is "stone" really that common of a weight measurement? Something uniquely British? (I thought you were all staunch metric?) How much is it anyway?

The UK is definitely not staunchly metric. We officially went metric for prepacked food in 1995 and for everything else in 2000, but even in the 21st century there are things which have not been metricated, and for certain other things people still think in imperial. It’s a weird mish-mash system here.

As a general rule:

1. Schools teach in metric but maths lessons are required to at least give lessons on “imperial measures that are still in common usage in Britain” and how to convert them.

2. Most people, even the very young, use feet and inches for height and stones and pounds for weight. 1st=14lb. This measure could even be seen on the DryNites packaging in Europe until the most recent design change which uses kilos only (see below).

1594051945105.png

3. All nappies sold in the UK have weight guides In both lb and kilos.

4. All road signs in the UK are in miles and yards, not km/m. Confusingly, where you see “10 m” on a British road sign, it means “ten miles” not “ten metres” as it would elsewhere.

5.Beer, cider and milk is sold by the imperial pint (568ml). All other liquids are sold in litres and millilitres. Liquid cosmetics such as shampoos often have the measures in both ml and fl.oz.

6. Coffee shop coffees are sold in fl.oz. Soft drinks in fast food outlets are sold in ml.

7. Clothing sizes are measured in inches, often with cm displayed as well.

8. Supermarket pre packed goods are labelled in metric, but imperial markings are allowed (dual labelling). Oddly, many pack sizes have stayed imperial but display only metric eg jam and honey comes in 227g, 340g and 454g jars, which equals 8oz, 12oz and 1lb respectively.

9. Most market stalls and independent butchers, grocers etc often display the price per lb but use metric or dual scales to comply with trading standards law.

10. Petrol (gasoline) is sold by the litre but car performance is officially measured in miles per gallon.

Reactions: WillFord384
bambinod said:
In the UK it's weird we use a mixture of imperial and metric. We drive in mph and have signs in miles but we will says a few metres if it's a few steps across the room. We do drinks in millilitres but we also drink beer by the pint. I often measure myself in stone but many doctors will do kg.

Reactions: billybobtombo
Yes, and of course during the lockdown we have the 2 metre rule, but on all official government signage it says 2m/6ft because feet and inches are still the official unit of measurement for length in this country (even though it’s actually more like 6 1/2 feet for 2m!)

Reactions: billybobtombo and CookieMonstah
Would this XXL size diaper ad count?

PurpleScorpion said:
Would this XXL size diaper ad count?

I think they must have a different size regime in the Far East as the weight range for this is Size 5, whereas in the west it seems XL refers to size 6 so XXL would be size 7 and XXXL would be size 8.

That said, even 25kg is the average weight of a seven year old, is it not?

These were never the size they claimed to be, but they were tape on diapers targeted at older school aged kids. They actually were about the same size as pampers 7, but claim to be 32-50kg or about the same size as goodnites L/XL.

1594153771968.png

patrick1776 said:
These were never the size they claimed to be, but they were tape on diapers targeted at older school aged kids. They actually were about the same size as pampers 7, but claim to be 32-50kg or about the same size as goodnites L/XL.

View attachment 42695
Gosh! Isn’t that just the cutest packaging?

I see they’re from South Korea- there is a website from which they can be bought internationally- and the South Korean Goodnites with the Velcro sides, it appears...

Last edited:
1594765599830.jpeg

1594765682189.jpeg

Reactions: Littlebabybecca and abrich
1594765992913.jpeg

Hard to tell what’s on the print of the Babyloves, but it looks like a photo!!

1594807523503.jpeg

Reactions: abrich
Back