Nappies with tapes that were marketed towards the over 3s

happiesxxl said:
1992 Pampers Walker Ad From Canada shows an older toddler sleeping and mentions "Because Potty Training Doesn't Happen Overnight..."
Aww!!!!

Very cute. I think it’s now well known and common sense that a child who is dry in the day might not yet be dry at night.

Clearly that wasn’t always the case.

Fast forward nearly 30 years and you now have this being said of bed wetting teenagers!

My partner has a friend with a 6 year old (albeit with developmental delays) who tried to train her daughter day and night at the same time age 2.

The daughter “got” daytime quite quickly but she was changing the bed twice a night (using DryNites bed mats) for ages before she realised it wasn’t helping her daughter.

They do have some stuff that is readily available but some are just references to things they have in their archive, sadly.

Here’s one with a pic that may jog some memories:

1593612909625.jpeg

Reactions: XLdiapers
There’s more! From 1985...

1593613010130.jpeg

• Love
Reactions: wowser81, Rezzu, Deleted member 5614 and 1 other person
I found that website too yesterday and found it infuriating how some stuff was listed but didn't actually exist in the archive. Maddening!

Totally forgot about this version of the packaging til I saw it here...

1593613102947.jpeg

1593613171926.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: wowser81
SA_BRA_7_S_13_3_69hr.jpg

This packaging was another I didn't know I remember but very much do now I see it!

Ha, we crossed :)

If you type in “nappies” many of the journals (downloadable) come up.

When I have time to trawl I’ll see if I can find any more pics of packaging from times gone by! In the meantime, if anyone had the time to do so...

billybobtombo said:
Ha, we crossed :)
Ha! Brilliant!

Great minds think alike!

From the November 1994 issue of JS magazine (it’s a crop, sadly). I think the Sainsburys Archive could prove to be a goldmine for those (like me!) looking for vintage UK nappy packaging pics!

92D797DC-FC1A-4D7A-9317-CD4212FCC15D.jpeg

4E514B00-04AE-4454-AC6C-058F6140C688.jpeg
That’s the one!

Pre DryNites I envied this boy so much that I used to blush looking at the packages on the shelf.

I used to think that he was actually weeing in his lovely thick nappy as the photograph was being taken and I wanted to be him so much!

EDIT: I’ve just realised that seeing this picture again has me blushing! How odd that it should have the same physical effect after all these years. I haven’t seen this picture since they were on the shelves! What an interesting thing the human brain is! 😊

Last edited:
Reactions: XLdiapers
The pic of the ladies stacking shelves of nappies in Sainsbury's...looking at it more, to me the packs of nappies look MUCH bigger and bulkier than the packages today's baby nappies come in: they almost look adult nappy size of pack?! I wonder if that's just a trick, or if the older, thicker, bulkier nappies really were THAT much thicker?

billybobtombo said:
The pic of the ladies stacking shelves of nappies in Sainsbury's...looking at it more, to me the packs of nappies look MUCH bigger and bulkier than the packages today's baby nappies come in: they almost look adult nappy size of pack?! I wonder if that's just a trick, or if the older, thicker, bulkier nappies really were THAT much thicker?
I’m pretty sure they were that thick!

Genuinely a golden era for thick nappies. Goodness how I'd love to get my hand on a pack of those today.

Does anyone have the commercial for the Sainsburys Nappies from 1995?

No, I don't remember this either. Would love to see it.

I wanted to read this as "Nappies with tapes that were marketed towards the over 30s"... all of whom should be in nappies anyway ;)

Reactions: KCA and billybobtombo
Back