Nappies growing up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slip92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
When you were growing up, were there ever any obvious circumstances where nappies were being used by your friends or family past the average age of potty training?

I was in and out of nappies throughout most of my childgoood, however I considered this as being normality as my mum never really made a big deal of it. For this reason, I believe that in the below situations it only really became evident to me as I got older!

I used to spent occasional nights at a friend of the familys' house between the ages of 8-10 as my mum worked away and her son was using nappies at age 13-15 at night. In his room there was a plastic storage box under his bed filled with drynites and Tena pants. No real secret was made of this, I assume because I was using pads too to manage my problems. I vividly remember going into their family bathroom before going to bed and his pyjamas and pull-ups were side by side next to his toothbrush on top of the storage unit.

A boy I went to primary school with had severe stomach problems and I can always remember him smelling of poop, especially in the afternoons- there was however no evidence of him having an accident and he used to often disappear out of class for 15-20 mins- I can only assume that he used to use some kind of protection.

In addition, there were probably 5-10 times I went over friends houses and packets of drynites or bedmats could be seen stored in bedrooms.

Onesieman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
I have a mental impairment, so it was very hard for me to potty train. Because of that, I was in diapers until I turned six.
When I was 14, I had severe diarrhea and had to wear depends with tabs for a few days. I have no idea what caused it.
Today I wear diapers only in secret.

Inconinmiss

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I was a sickly kid (rheumatic fever) and wasn't really daytime toilet trained until I was almost ready to start Grade 1; and I was a bedwetter until I was about 10. Then when I was 14, I experienced a surgical mishap that has left me with poor bladder control. I'm 74 years old now. So my childhood experiences took place in the 1940's and early 1950's. Cloth diapers were the only available alternative. As a small child I wore rubber pants over my diaper, but we switched to plastic pants when they became available in 1948 or so. Plastic pants are much more durable than rubber.

Kaliborio

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I had one friend who was in diapers when she was 5, when she was in hospital for tonsillitis.

Apart from that, I can't think of anyone except me. I was getting near 7 by the time I was spending the majority of my time out of diapers.

Chinababy888

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
  4. Private
Yes in fact although I was potty trained between 1-2 years of age mum used to keep a spire value box of pampers babydry toddler plus diapers under my bunk bed incase I had any bed wetting accidents, this is something that I have already covered in my blogs on another website called http://www.zity.biz. and is under the title of return of the baby and I a honest and detailed account of my life, although its not finished yet.

Yours sincerely
Chinababy888

Last edited:

ST50

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
I was in nappies all the time until I was about 5 and at night until I was 8 or 9 and then again at night from being about 15 until I finally stopped bedwetting in my early 20's.

Status
Not open for further replies.