Nappies for a few weeks in the US

transportlover

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hi there I'm travelling to the US on Saturday from the UK, and I need to buy some nappies while I'm over there for night time any recommendations. Can't bring any with me due to strict weight limit on baggage. Would probably prefer plain rather than printed and ones that are easy to get in a big city.

Depends Assurance Adult Walmart Diapers.

Look up medical supply stores where you will be staying. They will have a good assortment of products for you to choose from.

When you’re visiting the US, you are only going to find diapers, there’s no such thing as nappies in the US. Diaper-related items will say diapers instead of nappies on the packages in the US.

In the US, on store shelves, we only have terrible nappies (diapers, in the local vernacular as mentioned by another poster), suitable for light bladder leakage or small dribbles.

Fortunately we also have some of the best diapers available online, and if you’ll be here for a few weeks that shouldn’t be a problem to have them sent to you (should only take 2-3 days or so). I get all of my incontinence supplies from northshorecare.com, and I highly recommend the Supreme and MegaMax diapers.

As someone else had mentioned, if you absolutely cannot have anything shipped to you, try to find a “medical supply store” - they’re like an enhanced pharmacy that carries better goods. Some have an above average diaper stock, others do not. Only 2 or 3 in the entire US might match what you can get on NorthShore, so it’s best to order online if you can.

Back