My wife saw me in a diaper

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
We recently moved, and of course my clothes/supplies were in boxes everywhere. Being exhausted and not able to find my PJ bottoms, my usual cloth backed diapers and plastic pants required me to substitute. I normally arrange it so that beyond a pull-up, my dear wife never sees me in a diaper.

So I wore a Better Dry to bed. Of course, when I took my house coat off to climb into bed, my wife for the first time saw me in a plastic backed diaper. There was a brief (no pun intended) moment of silence but nothing further was said about it after she recovered :eek:

Last edited:
Reactions: Jrodabdl, Diprs2 and Edgewater

jamiejamie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
slimjiminy said:
We recently moved, and of course my clothes/supplies were in boxes everywhere. Being exhausted and not able to find my PJ bottoms, my usual cloth backed diapers and plastic pants required me to substitute. I normally arrange it so that beyond a pull-up, my dear wife never sees me in a diaper.

So I wore a Better Dry to bed. Of course, when I took my house coat off to climb into bed, my wife for the first time saw me in a plastic backed diaper. There was a brief (no pun intended) moment of silence but nothing further was said about it after she recovered :eek:
How long have ya'll been married?

Reactions: Edgewater

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
If you’re wearing protection that much I doubt it was as much shock as you think.
I’m new to diapers and when my wife sees me in one now, I think the same thing but she helped tape the 1st one I ever wore on me so, I tell myself it’s not that big of deal.
Although she worked as a nurse in a hospital for 15 years once so, helping me with it and seeing me in one don’t seem to be that big of deal. She appreciates the dry bed more.

Reactions: Diprs2, Edgewater and Zeke

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Been married for 39+ years. My wife is no nurse but she's raised our three children. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it felt like an awkward moment.

Reactions: Blekyss, Diprs2, Edgewater and 4 others

iatec779

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
slimjiminy said:
Been married for 39+ years. My wife is no nurse but she's raised our three children. I'm not going to lose sleep over it but it felt like an awkward moment.
Long time, after all that I’m sure she’s not judging, just checking out your new drawers :)

• Haha
Reactions: Edgewater, Zeke and slimjiminy

CheshireCat

Neuromuscular Disability
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
First time she's seen your tights-whities with color changing technology. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: DL4201, munkey, Blekyss and 3 others

blueberry

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Ive been married for 1.5 years but my wife and I have lived together for 3 years. She has seen my diaper 3x365= 1,095 times give or take a few for the nights when I would travel for work. I get hot at night so I sleep in only a diaper so when I get into or out of bed she usually sees me. Its become so normal she does not bat an eye.

39 years has to be the record for length of time a spouse has not seen their incontinent spouse in a diaper. I hope you are relived and the pressure is off now.

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater

LittleCamo

~The Spawn of TexasToast~
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
My Daddy never gets judged by momma ever, as long as she gets to pick what he wears.

Reactions: Edgewater and diaperdude

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I've only been incontinent for 2.1 years. So it was all "shock" and no "awe".

Reactions: Diprs2 and Edgewater

HereWeGo2169

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
  2. Other
slimjiminy said:

Hello! I can relate of an awkward moment. IMO, sounds as though it was embarrassment. I have been with my significant other for 14 + years, we both know each other inside & out, when you are exposed like that I know I feel, which is vulnerable. Even though she tells me not to feel embarrassed, I still do. I have U-IN & B-IN. I wouldn't worry too much about it. Hope that helps out in some way.

Reactions: slimjiminy, Edgewater and Zeke

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
In a way, this breaks the ice. Since you are genuinely incontinent, this is something she should get used to and accept.

Reactions: Edgewater

rennecfox

Continuing to put quarters in the life game
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
at least it wasn't a confidry, the rustling of those could keep her up.

hbic60

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Married since 37 years, incontinent since nearly one year. With beginning of my IC she assured me to stand of course with me and we would deal with this together. She not only tells but also shows often that I'm the same person for her than before, no matter if now diapered or not. Of course I never expect (and don't need) her help in any way with diapering up, and in daily life my padded situation doesn't play any role, but I see no need and don't have to hide anything. We have a big bathroom with two washbasins , and it's not unusual before getting into bed we are together in the bathroom to undress, wash or shower and change into our nightwear - which of course includes for me putting off my daytime diaper and switch, after cleaning, into the night diaper. There is no need for me not to do this with her being also there, so she has often seen me changing my diaper (which I do standing up leaning to a wall). I don't make a big deal of it, she also doesn't. It's also no deal for her while cuddling touching my protection (no further details ever).

Reactions: munkey, SDB2014, slimjiminy and 4 others

Wetshisbed

Incontinent and Enuretic
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
My wife sees me in nappies and plastic pants all the time. It just isnt a big deal anymore.

Reactions: Constantlydamp, SDB2014 and Diprs2

jdinvirginia

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
Should not be a big deal and isn't. Don't try to hide what is just a medical condition. Over time my diapers just became my underwear. Guys often walk around in their whitey tighteys and I often walk around in just my diaper. My wife doesn't say a word.

Reactions: hbic60

slimjiminy

Diabetes, type-2
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
jdinvirginia said:
Should not be a big deal and isn't. Don't try to hide what is just a medical condition. Over time my diapers just became my underwear. Guys often walk around in their whitey tighteys and I often walk around in just my diaper. My wife doesn't say a word.
I can't disagree with that but I've always tried to keep my "problem" low profile, even at home.

Maybe there was something for IC people, in the Simon and Garfunkel "Sounds of Silence" 🤪
And the vision that was planted in my brain
Still remains
Within the sound of silence