My thoughts on Pampers Baby Dry (Size 8)

Elmo

Elmo Loves You ❤️
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
So, I've been using the Pampers Baby Dry's now for a few weeks.
I didn't post it in the Diaper Review section because it's not a full review, with measurements and everything like that.

To get some stuff out of the way, no, these are not meant to be functional, it's more of a novelty. They fit me barely (35" hips, 31" waist), but the fit doesn't matter for me, they weren't supposed to be functional for me.

Surprisingly, they were durable, considering I was extremely stretching the tabs. You have to be careful were you tape, because there is this strip at the top (no idea what the purpose of it is), that peels overtime, so if your place the tabs there, the strip and nappy separate, and the nappy falls. If you use the front strips, those break. So the ideal spot is in between these two. They can be worn for hours if they are taped correctly. A few times, a hole developed in the tab strip, and the hole grew until both sides separated. This could be because of how I stretched it.

Now that's out of the way, now I can give you my thoughts on them.

First of all, the air channels. These are so cool, but so weird. It feels like three tubes, or three bumps are in the nappy when the nappy swells.
Speaking of swelling, these nappies SWELL LIKE CRAZY when you pee in them. This makes for a toddler-like walk when you pee in them. When dry, they are super thin.

The designs are super cute. Because these are the UK baby dry's, we don't have Sesame Street prints :(, but the prints on them are still cute. And the Pampers smell is lovely. I've noticed the Pampers smell becomes significantly stronger when you pee in them.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: pampersguy827, BigKid25, Sparrow75 and 5 others
I actualy ordered a pack with my regular purchase for the first time ever, the lagest size I can get in my country is 7, while i did enjoy them, i really wished they would rise a tiny bit higher and they would have fit so much better.

Cant wait to try the 8 even more now :D

Melon said:
I actualy ordered a pack with my regular purchase for the first time ever, the lagest size I can get in my country is 7, while i did enjoy them, i really wished they would rise a tiny bit higher and they would have fit so much better.

Cant wait to try the 8 even more now :D
Don't quote me on this, but I think our Size 8 is equivalent to other countries largest sizes. It's really confusing.

DiaperedElmo said:
three bumps are in the nappy when the nappy swells.
Speaking of swelling, these nappies SWELL LIKE CRAZY when you pee in them. This makes for a toddler-like walk when you pee in them. When dry, they are super thin.
The bumps do feel weird but good i would love too see this in a adult nappy also its true how they are extremely thin and swell alot

Just need a adult sized pampers :(

You can get adult sized pampers. .

Babybearuk said:
You can get adult sized pampers. .

At over £100 for 20 i mean affordable but they are super cool

Just found a sample of 5 for just about $18 here, should be interesting!

I kinda don't fit in Ninjamas all that well, but I do enjoy the channels that they have, so hopefully this one can stretch out (and swell) a bit more!

I love Pampers baby drys size 8, I too can just fit into them and I use them as my daily nappy, I wear them most days when not at work and use them, they can hold lots and the swell is amazing, they make me waddle when full😀 I've been saved a couple of times when shopping because of my baby drys, I can trust them to not leak which drynites have done to me before. I have even messed in them and they held up to that too. I've always got a pack in my cupboard.

Reactions: Tigondegra
Too bad these are only in the UK. For now...lol.

hodori779 said:
Too bad these are only in the UK. For now...lol.
I can recommend Pampers Swaddlers size 7 in the US. Others say the sizes are comparable, and all the other qualities are the same. They are heavenly. I have to use homemade side extenders to wear them.

I love wearing these when I can get ahold of them, there is nothing else quite like them, definitely not the same as needing to wear extenders on US sizes, I wonder if they will ever be widely available in the US

Reactions: HomeAlone
I shall have to take look at the size 8 but do have two of the crinkly creations pampers on their way to me will let you know.

Reactions: ElPulpo
AComputerGuy said:
Just need a adult sized pampers
They seem to release a larger size every couple of years, maybe in a decade we'll have Size 10, or Size 12… …let's hope it continues or speeds up…

Reactions: AComputerGuy
Dlkt said:
I love Pampers baby drys size 8, I too can just fit into them and I use them as my daily nappy, I wear them most days when not at work and use them, they can hold lots and the swell is amazing, they make me waddle when full😀 I've been saved a couple of times when shopping because of my baby drys, I can trust them to not leak which drynites have done to me before. I have even messed in them and they held up to that too. I've always got a pack in my cupboard.
What's your waist size?

Back