Status
Not open for further replies.

Jbo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I love how their thicker and the new tape landing zone colors,
But I don't like the new hourglass padding shape and they are a lot less crinkley as far as the noise factor goes.
I had no problem with the v1 version except I wished they were thicker.
I'm curious to know what everyone else's take on this is.
By the way I'm new here but a life long ab/dl.:)

Jbo3 said:
I love how their thicker and the new tape landing zone colors,
But I don't like the new hourglass padding shape and they are a lot less crinkley as far as the noise factor goes.
I had no problem with the v1 version except I wished they were thicker.
I'm curious to know what everyone else's take on this is.
By the way I'm new here but a life long ab/dl.:)

I personally find them to be a huge improvement on many fronts:

- taller leak guards
- thicker padding
- much more capacity in the padding
- rear elastic
- quieter shell (you may not prefer this, but it makes them easier to wear in public)

I wish the plastic was smoother, like the real vintage pampers. I also wish the front swelled up more. I've gone through about 50 by now, so I've settled on that feedback

I've been using version 2 now and about 90 diapers in, the other day I taped a version 1 on and wore that, night and day difference, version 2 is a huge improvement and I would never want to go back to version 1. The only thing I wish is if version 2 was 2-3" longer, then I would have the perfect diaper.

I suspect the plastic doesn't feel as smooth because it's a heavier (thicker) plasstic. The few diapers I've had here that have really soft plastic are always very thin and very easy to tear or puncture. (XP Medical's Absorbency Plus is a good example) The lower swelling is necessary for wicking. These are made to he high capacity, so again that's needed for the design requirements. They could make a softer, better swelling diaper, but you'd end up with one that was easily damaged and low capacity.

I do agree about the improvement, don't get me wrong.
When I look at my butt with the v2 diaper on and I see the hourglass padding and it loses the baby look for me.
I also liked how the version1 was louder with the crinkle factor but on the other hand it's easier to wear in public with the new plastic backing.

Twee said:
I do agree about the improvement, don't get me wrong.
When I look at my butt with the v2 diaper on and I see the hourglass padding and it loses the baby look for me.
I also liked how the version1 was louder with the crinkle factor but on the other hand it's easier to wear in public with the new plastic backing.

If you want a poor fitting, crinkly AB diaper, I'd suggest you check out the AwwSoCute

Twee, my feelings are very similar to yours. Love that they are thicker, love the print, love the tapes. HATE the hourglass shape and the fact that they are so short at the front.

I actually like the feel of the plastic, but it sucks that they are so quiet when they were always a 'play' diaper. I guess money talks..

Still, I'll keep buying them occasionally just because they're single tape diapers.

bambinod said:
If you want a poor fitting, crinkly AB diaper, I'd suggest you check out the AwwSoCute

I didn't have a fitting problem with v1 or v2, they both fit fine,

Personally I don't have a problem with the new padding shape (hourglass) but I would like to see it extended in the front by an inch or two, my biggest gripe with v2. I do agree that it should be louder because it is supposed to mimic a very crinkly baby diaper but I'm glad it's quiet so I can wear around my kids and coworkers. All in all a great diaper & huge improvement over v1.

DloverUK said:
Twee, my feelings are very similar to yours. Love that they are thicker, love the print, love the tapes. HATE the hourglass shape and the fact that they are so short at the front.

I actually like the feel of the plastic, but it sucks that they are so quiet when they were always a 'play' diaper. I guess money talks..

Still, I'll keep buying them occasionally just because they're single tape diapers.

According to their literature, the SDK's are designed for day-to-day wear, not play. I can reasonably assume they are tapping into the medical needs market, as well as the ABDL crowd.

Any possibility of a v3 coming out in a year or two? It would great if they kept listening to user feedback and improving the product.

INTrePid said:
Any possibility of a v3 coming out in a year or two? It would great if they kept listening to user feedback and improving the product.

what would you imrove?

I seriously wonder if they haven't gotten very close to the ideal product for the design requirements. The quieter shell and single tapes aren't preferred by all, but they're exactly what the target audiance asked for. There's really not a lot left to improve IMHO? I could actually use a little thinner for daytime wear actually.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back