My sister a DL?

Osthagen

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I have never posted about nappy sightings or anything similar.

My 18-year-old sister is going off to Australia (Perth) for university. And I was up at my parents house in Edinburgh helping her sort through her stuff for her move over the weekend. Sunday this was.

She had a heck of a lot of bags of stuff to take, but once we were about finished our sorting, I noticed that in one of her bags, there was a girls Underjams nappy. I didn’t get a good look at it, she shut the bag swiftly, but it was definitely a nappy, had the female Underjams design, and furthermore looked like it had been tried on before (sides were clearly stretched out). I didn’t notice any nappies other than that one. I didn’t speak to my sister about seeing the nappy.
I’ve not noticed her wearing a nappy before (well not since she was younger, I used to change her!). But I don’t tend to wear around my parents either.

Since this concerns my family, I thought this was noteworthy in more than one way than one.

I’m wondering if I should speak to my sister at any point about this, or if there are any reasons other than her being a DL why she might have nappies in amongst her things.

If you do talk to her I hope it goes well for you who knows she might even make an account on here herself

WOW what are the odds of having 2 DLs in the same family aged a decade apart.

I would be wary about approaching her, if she isn’t you could massively out yourself or cause some awkward misunderstandings.

If she is she might be a long way off wanting it shared (even with a fellow DL.)

If you are 100% certain of what you saw and you don’t think it was a joke item left over from a girls night out and she was just using the bag as an intermediary to the rubbish I wonder if a gift wrapped pack would be an appropriate going away present to give her :)

A friend of mine did the non stop flight to Perth BTW and said it was great, is your sister planning one of those or the multi stop flights?

Many people prefer to not to talk with close family members about their sex lives and other intimately personal things.

You say "she shut the bag swiftly". this would indicate to me that she would not like to talk about it.

So I would not talk to her about it unless the circumstances change at some point in the future.

Argent said:
WOW what are the odds of having 2 DLs in the same family aged a decade apart.

I would be wary about approaching her, if she isn’t you could massively out yourself or cause some awkward misunderstandings.

If she is she might be a long way off wanting it shared (even with a fellow DL.)

If you are 100% certain of what you saw and you don’t think it was a joke item left over from a girls night out and she was just using the bag as an intermediary to the rubbish I wonder if a gift wrapped pack would be an appropriate going away present to give her :)

A friend of mine did the non stop flight to Perth BTW and said it was great, is your sister planning one of those or the multi stop flights?

Hi Argent.

I also thought that two DLs being siblings was quite odd in the extreme.

Based on what you’ve said, I will wait until I see more evidence of her being a DL before I ask her anything.

I am absolutely confident that my sister had a nappy in her bag, I recognised the female Underjams design immediately (my wife has worn them from time to time). I don’t think the bag was intended for the rubbish. My sister has been staying at my house as I live close to the airport from which she’s flying, her flight being later in the afternoon. I have seen the same bag around, so I can only assume it’s stuff she intends to take with her.
Obviously, I haven’t tried to look inside the bag, even though she is my sister, that I feel would just be totally invasive.

Though what I’m not confident about is whether she has the nappies because she is a DL. It’s perfectly possible that there’s another explanation, though I don’t know her to have any bedwetting issues.

I think I noted that I am from in the United Kingdom, from where direct flights to Australia are more or less non-existent. My sister is stopping over in Dubai, UAE.

Reactions: KidRyan
I’d be hard pressed to keep from looking in the bag! Good on ya for respecting her privacy though, as curious as you might be.

Funny to read this, as it reminds me to an incident when I was way younger.

I was 9 at the time and already knew that I loved diapers. One day we went to visit my parents best friends, who had two daughters. The older was 7 and the younger barely 4 at the time. The younger of the two girls was still diapered as she didn't quite make progress with potty training. I quite liked visiting them because it meant that I could sneak the odd one diaper out home and the biggest Pampers available back then still fit me as well.

Now on this visit, after the big hello, the older girl and I went to her room to play some games and to my big surprise I saw a used, unfolded diaper laying on the floor. When I pointed to it the girl hastily kicked it behind a cupboard and told me, that her best friend slept over the other night and wanted to try it out.
I'd ask her whether her best friend would be back some time that day and she answered 'Yes, in the evening'. Of course, her best friend never appeared.

Although I was eager to hear more about it back then (and still would be today) because I think it was a lie, I never brought it up again. Since her wedding a couple years ago, I've not seen her again anyway.
I think it was the better option, not pushing it because I very well could have ended up admitting my like for diapers while she really just went through a phase. And that, most likely, would have only brought me in deeper troubles with my parents about it than I already had, if the girl didn't keep shut about it.

Well, the next time you call in or text chat with your sister you could always attempt at making a funny remark about a nappy and see how she reacts. That said, it might be easier to do with that bit of distance you now got.

I came from a family of 10 children, me being the 3rd oldest, at one time there where 4 of us who wore diapers for fun, 3 boys and 1 girl. We would go play in the “ big trucks” pretending to drive them all the while dressed in a diaper and shirt.
The girl soon grew out of diaper play but one of my brothers only a year younger than me continued wearing diapers and the other one 2 years younger quit wearing diapers all together.
By the time I was 18 the youngest boy of the family started wearing diapers for fun, he was 10 at that time. In all the family of 10 kids I grew up in 3 of us continued to wear diapers into adult hood.
As my brother who was 1 year younger than me, he quit wearing diapers 7 years ago when he died of a heart attack,
The one 10 years younger than me claimed he quit wearing diapers but I have no prof of it, as for myself I don’t ever plan on giving up my diapers as I enjoy wearing diapers and I have diaper trained myself to the point of needing to wear diapers.

Osthagen said:
Hi Argent.

I also thought that two DLs being siblings was quite odd in the extreme.

Based on what you’ve said, I will wait until I see more evidence of her being a DL before I ask her anything.

I am absolutely confident that my sister had a nappy in her bag, I recognised the female Underjams design immediately (my wife has worn them from time to time). I don’t think the bag was intended for the rubbish. My sister has been staying at my house as I live close to the airport from which she’s flying, her flight being later in the afternoon. I have seen the same bag around, so I can only assume it’s stuff she intends to take with her.
Obviously, I haven’t tried to look inside the bag, even though she is my sister, that I feel would just be totally invasive.

Though what I’m not confident about is whether she has the nappies because she is a DL. It’s perfectly possible that there’s another explanation, though I don’t know her to have any bedwetting issues.

I think I noted that I am from in the United Kingdom, from where direct flights to Australia are more or less non-existent. My sister is stopping over in Dubai, UAE.

Yep you did say from the UK, their is new direct flights from London to Perth but I have only ever taken awful stop over flights (being in Melbourne on the other side of Australia no direct flights here.)

It would be lovely to work this out but for sure your little sis deserves her privacy :)

Sounds like it's more likely just a bedwetting or extra monthly protection thing than DL.

Yeah, don't forget that bothersome bit about being a girl. Some non-DL/non-AB sorts will wear disposable underwear if they have horrifically heavy flow. Otherwise it just escapes and goes everywhere.

I used to not be able to sleep easy at night because of that. And that might have been why the 'sides were stretched', it may have been the 'end of the line' and she didn't need it after all but decided to save it for the next time.

I’d love to have the same happen with one of my siblings, would be cool to have someone close to talk to about it all, you never know I suppose, like you would never of guessed before this?

On the point of DL or non DL I think it verges more towards DL! If it was for wetting or the time of the month I think it would of been a more readily available nappy like a drynites or tena? Underjams have been discontinued in the UK for a while, not easy to get hold of and are expensive!

If I was a drynites I wouldn’t know what to think but underjams, in the uk, deffo DL!

Unless she’s had them ages [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cambridgeone said:
I’d love to have the same happen with one of my siblings, would be cool to have someone close to talk to about it all, you never know I suppose, like you would never of guessed before this?

On the point of DL or non DL I think it verges more towards DL! If it was for wetting or the time of the month I think it would of been a more readily available nappy like a drynites or tena? Underjams have been discontinued in the UK for a while, not easy to get hold of and are expensive!

If I was a drynites I wouldn’t know what to think but underjams, in the uk, deffo DL!

Unless she’s had them ages [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I forgot about Underjams being discontinued here. FWIW, that’s quite a strong indication.

In my experience at least, packs of Underjams (usually opened with several nappies taken out) can still be found quite often in second-hand shops and similar places, and are quite cheap there. So it’s not a decisive factor, but an indication nonetheless.

Well, one other possible way to bring it up, is for her to say something. You could prompt that by leaving your diapers in a spot that would be expected but where she might find them. Like under the sink. Or drop a used diaper on the top of the trash that's in a common area. Like the bathroom or kitchen. Though that's no guarantee it would still be brought up.

Conversely, there is the direct route of just asking her about them. Though you would have to approach this tactfully since as mentioned there are reasons to have/need diapers yet not be a DL.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, thinking about this does have me wonder if genetics have a bigger part at play for us to become ABDL. We know genetics are at least partially liked to if someone will be gay or not, and even if someone will likely become a gambling or drug addict. In each case here, genetics are not the direct cause but they do predispose us to become this way. Often with a trigger point or experience in our lives that kick starts that developement.

Well, I've often wondered if becoming abdl is similar to this. We certainly do seem predisposed to become abdl after all. And diaper fetish aside, being this way certainly is "a part of who we are". Not to mention so many stories of us being drawn to diapers, and often experiencing a similar trigger event too. So if this is really the case, and genetics are playing a part here, then having siblings or kids turn out to be abdl would actually be expected.

Slomo said:
Well, one other possible way to bring it up, is for her to say something. You could prompt that by leaving your diapers in a spot that would be expected but where she might find them. Like under the sink. Or drop a used diaper on the top of the trash that's in a common area. Like the bathroom or kitchen. Though that's no guarantee it would still be brought up.

Conversely, there is the direct route of just asking her about them. Though you would have to approach this tactfully since as mentioned there are reasons to have/need diapers yet not be a DL.

- - - Updated - - -

Edit, thinking about this does have me wonder if genetics have a bigger part at play for us to become ABDL. We know genetics are at least partially liked to if someone will be gay or not, and even if someone will likely become a gambling or drug addict. In each case here, genetics are not the direct cause but they do predispose us to become this way. Often with a trigger point or experience in our lives that kick starts that developement.

Well, I've often wondered if becoming abdl is similar to this. We certainly do seem predisposed to become abdl after all. And diaper fetish aside, being this way certainly is "a part of who we are". Not to mention so many stories of us being drawn to diapers, and often experiencing a similar trigger event too. So if this is really the case, and genetics are playing a part here, then having siblings or kids turn out to be abdl would actually be expected.

Well my chance to just leave a nappy lying about in the hope that she may bring it up in conversation has passed; my sister left for Perth yesterday afternoon! She’s not likely to be staying with me again until the winter, if even then!

But I do have a daughter who is 16 months old and wears nappies. While my sister was staying at my house, she did offer to help with changing her, but that doesn’t strike me anything to indicate that she may be a DL (though other people may disagree).

Osthagen said:
Well my chance to just leave a nappy lying about in the hope that she may bring it up in conversation has passed; my sister left for Perth yesterday afternoon! She’s not likely to be staying with me again until the winter, if even then!

But I do have a daughter who is 16 months old and wears nappies. While my sister was staying at my house, she did offer to help with changing her, but that doesn’t strike me anything to indicate that she may be a DL (though other people may disagree).

No that proves it is in the family if your daughter is in nappies too ;)

It would be a very tricky conversation to have but maybe an icebreaker exists somewhere that can put you on mutual ground like linking her with with some light ABDL parodies that aren’t ABDL offensive (hard to come by I know.)

https://youtu.be/EHI7nCeyetk

at this point, i would let sleeping dogs lay. maybe at some point she might tip her hand, or not. maybe at some point, she might feel a little more comfortable and slyly bring it up..but maybe never.

Argent said:
No that proves it is in the family if your daughter is in nappies too ;)

It would be a very tricky conversation to have but maybe an icebreaker exists somewhere that can put you on mutual ground like linking her with with some light ABDL parodies that aren’t ABDL offensive (hard to come by I know.)

https://youtu.be/EHI7nCeyetk

You could always say that you watched a Stan & Ollie / Laurel & Hardy movie (for example) and laughed so hard about it that you wet yourself and wished you wore a nappy because of the wet couch and clothes ;)
Something along these lines, not necessarily these lines

Thanks everyone for your comments and advice

While I will wait for more signs before I ask if she is a DL, I will try and find a way to sneak nappies into the next conversation we have

Back