My Sewing Thread: AB Clothing and Diaper Projects (pic heavy)

edited: ugg that's right pngs are clear lol. I've attached pdfs for pattern & instructions at end

@ade @SpAzpieSweeTot and everyone else,

Here is an easy, clean looking, and effective diy pattern for a true front leg facing diaper cover -- perfect if you sit for long periods or just in general despise gap leaks at at the back leg. No matter the angle or position you'll never leak at the legs - see fit pics at end.

I haven't included drafting instructions for the waist and leg bands. Let me know if you would like help / instructions with getting those sorted.

Front Facing Diaper Cover 01.pngFront Facing Diaper Cover 02.png
ff fleece cover 001SM.jpg

And this is how it fits:
ff fleece fitted - fit 004SM.jpegff fleece fitted - fit 002aSM.jpegff fleece fitted - fit 002bSM.jpeg

Attachments

• Front Facing Leg Diaper Cover 01.pdf
    193.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Front Facing Leg Diaper Cover 02.pdf
    360.6 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Reactions: WillFord384, ade and BobbiSueEllen
longallsboy said:
I absolutely adore longalls and jon jons. Those things are so friggin adorable. I did not even know what a longall was until a mom from Northern Virginia from eBay introduced me to one in 2002. Longalls and jon jons are unknown here on the West Coast.
In the UK, there was a school uniform version (shortalls/jonjon). A bit vague on the recollection, but I think they went up to age ten or eleven.
You didn't see them often, either worn or in shops, and tied in with the whole social aspiration and pretence thing. A working class lad wouldn't have been seen dead in one 😁

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: KnappFlannel and BobbiSueEllen
ade said:
In the UK, there was a school uniform version (shortalls/jonjon). A bit vague on the recollection, but I think they went up to age ten or eleven.
You didn't see them often, either worn or in shops, and tied in with the whole social aspiration and pretence thing. A working class lad wouldn't have been seen dead in one 😁
Yeah 🤣 I imagine that would not be easy to recover from that socially after like age 5 or 6.

How's about a full on sailor suit 😁? I found a seller on Etsy...
Screenshot_20211011-092952.png

Screenshot_20211011-092934.png
https://www.etsy.com/listing/552077082/sailor-suit-egon-nautical-suit-victorian

Reactions: BobbiSueEllen
KnappFlannel said:
Yeah 🤣 I imagine that would not be easy to recover from that socially after like age 5 or 6.

How's about a full on sailor suit 😁? I found a seller on Etsy...
View attachment 64551

View attachment 64552
https://www.etsy.com/listing/552077082/sailor-suit-egon-nautical-suit-victorian
They'll pay me how much?!!!
🤑

Hard to figure the age on this American lad:
Screenshot_20210711-000113~3_resize_76.jpg
From 1970/71 (zip front, as far as I can tell).
It's always intrigued, puzzled and disturbed me how boys' fashions get shifted and whittled along age and gender-association lines. The disturbing bit is how women seem to take them and sexualize them (or maybe that's men fashion 'designers'?).
I know that I wore longalls as a toddler (burgundy, if you've the seen the pic), but my working-class-but-aspirational mum had a fight on her hands to get me to wear anything 'sissy'.
For context, I classed this as sissy:
See my 'for posts' album (latest addition)
But we were down south visiting family friends and I thought that I could get away it (blending in with the 'southern sissies', so to speak 🤭).

Last edited:
KnappFlannel said:
Absolutely, I'd be happy to. This pair I specifically drafted to fit me, so I don't have a standard graded pattern or anything.

Are you a sewist? It's not terribly complicated to sew, but I don't have instructions or construction steps documented or anything.

And could you tell me how soon were wanting to make a pair? If you had a size range and fabric type in mind it would help me know how much time I'll need to redraft the pattern.
There’s not really a time frame, aside from the fact that I’ll need to get a dress form before I can make them. Once I have that, I’ll send you my measurements, if that’s ok?

Could you make me some camo footed sleepers? My Daddy has a lot of ex girls that are great at sewing. Ever since they met me, they've been creating me new cloths to wear or tryin to get back into my Daddy's heart.

1920px-Brown-dominant__highland__ERDL_camouflage_pattern_swatch.svg_.png
Black and grey camo.jpg

Special Forces Tiger Stripe camo (2).jpg the tiger stripe is one of my favs, it's what special forces use like the 101st or the 82nd Airborne Rangers

Last edited:
  • Thinking
Beachbum said:
These are super cute!! Good work!
Yes ! Agree. My German lady friend has lederhosen patterned much the same way. Oktoberfest gear to her.

Reactions: KnappFlannel, BobbiSueEllen and Beachbum
Andrewgdfw said:
Yes ! Agree. My German lady friend has lederhosen patterned much the same way. Oktoberfest gear to her.
Thanks so much!

And agreed the Germans absolutely have it going on -- Meine liebsten Stoffwindel-freundliche Schnittmuster sind alle deutsch :D

EclipseWolf said:
There’s not really a time frame, aside from the fact that I’ll need to get a dress form before I can make them. Once I have that, I’ll send you my measurements, if that’s ok?
absolutely!

...and I appreciate the struggle trying to find a good dressform at a sane price. If you might be interested in sewing one, I could msg you the site of a pro costume designer who sells excellent 1/2 scale dress form patterns?

Reactions: EclipseWolf
I've put together some materials to try and re create Gerber plastic pants to some close degree, but I have no idea how to sew lol.

• Thinking
Reactions: KnappFlannel, Angelapinks and BobbiSueEllen
You should sell this stuff it is better most ABDL stuff on the market.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: KnappFlannel, Zebby, Angelapinks and 1 other person
KnappFlannel said:
absolutely!

...and I appreciate the struggle trying to find a good dressform at a sane price. If you might be interested in sewing one, I could msg you the site of a pro costume designer who sells excellent 1/2 scale dress form patterns?
That would actually be wonderful! Thank you!

MickeyM said:
I've put together some materials to try and re create Gerber plastic pants to some close degree, but I have no idea how to sew lol.
Vinyl for plastic pants are definitely one of the more finicky materials to work with. If you ever do get to sewing and are using vinyl, I have 2 or 3 good articles about sewing with vinyl.

It's been a minute since I've posted anything new, but I have been sewing lately and have a few new things to show 🙂 :
baby style leg warmers, a new style of diaper cover...and a recreation of a certain infamous bedwetting over-niter, all-in-one panty

As always, thare' be fit pics on this thread 🏴‍☠️, but never anything gross/weird/used

Diaper Legs - baby style leg warmers made from a fleecy stretch knit with soft but heavy duty waistband elastic
LW 00.jpgLW 01.jpg

Unlike every other pair of leg warmers I've ever owned, these actually stay in place! I tested them for about 10 hours through sitting, standing, walking, laying, even crawling, and they did not droop or need to be pulled back up. They just stayed in place

The back of the leg bands did begin to roll after a few hours but they didn't fall. Going to fix it next pair with a curve on the back mid thigh of the pattern:
LW 06 b.jpgLW02a.jpg

A new (for me) style of diaper cover. Cut wide and big for cloth diapers and made with PUL, water resistant fleece bands, and flat felled side seams. Fit is shown over two Changing Times prefolds:
Cover 01.jpgcover laying down side 01a.jpg

cover top 01a.jpg

That infamous all-in-one panty next post 😉

• Love
Reactions: Teddy, BobbiSueEllen, Zebby and 2 others
KnappFlannel said:
It's been a minute since I've posted anything new, but I have been sewing lately and have a few new things to show 🙂 :
baby style leg warmers, a new style of diaper cover...and a recreation of a certain infamous bedwetting over-niter, all-in-one panty

As always, thare' be fit pics on this thread 🏴‍☠️, but never anything gross/weird/used

Diaper Legs - baby style leg warmers made from a fleecy stretch knit with soft but heavy duty waistband elastic
View attachment 67288View attachment 67289

Unlike every other pair of leg warmers I've ever owned, these actually stay in place! I tested them for about 10 hours through sitting, standing, walking, laying, even crawling, and they did not droop or need to be pulled back up. They just stayed in place

The back of the leg bands did begin to roll after a few hours but they didn't fall. Going to fix it next pair with a curve on the back mid thigh of the pattern:
View attachment 67290View attachment 67291

A new (for me) style of diaper cover. Cut wide and big for cloth diapers and made with PUL, water resistant fleece bands, and flat felled side seams. Fit is shown over two Changing Times prefolds:
View attachment 67292View attachment 67293

View attachment 67294

That infamous all-in-one panty next post 😉

This is an AWESOME discussion thread!! I can't believe the amount of talent, effort and dedication! :)

• Love
Reactions: BobbiSueEllen and KnappFlannel
This is one of my bucket list projects. I do not know how long I've spent trying to source information for these...but it's been a lot. For the materials, construction, base design, and several design changes at different times. As this is my first test pair I went ahead and used velcro for the side closures and PUL for the garment body.

Once I'm 100% happy with fit and everything else I plan to do the early to mid-late 50's version down to the cloth ties, thick vinyl outer, even down to the style of bias binding used on the legs 🤣. I am still trying to source some vintage white diaper flannel or flannel sheeting if anyone knows of any out there...

Staydry Ad - 1953 - Sears Catalog_Done 02.jpgStaydry Ad ParentsMagazine 1952-10_ Vol 27 Iss 10.jpg
Staydry Fit 01.jpgStaydry Fit 02.jpg

I tracked down the patent, but I've never been able to track down an actual pair from the period, so styling-wise I've been trying to draft them as an amalgam with attention to some of the different product ads of the time. I need to alter a few small things, but I think I'm nearly there.

Staydry Ad - Var 03 Done.jpgStaydry Ad - Var 02 Done.jpg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Teddy, BobbiSueEllen, Zebby and 1 other person
DiaperedAndDamp said:
This is an AWESOME discussion thread!! I can't believe the amount of talent, effort and dedication! :)
Thanks so much! I've put a lot of time into learning pattern design and sewing, and I'm glad other folks like to see my work :D.

• Love
Reactions: ade, BobbiSueEllen and EclipseWolf
Awesome job! I’m always looking forward to seeing your projects on here! Can’t wait to see what you do next 😁

• Love
CuriousUser said:
Awesome job! I’m always looking forward to seeing your projects on here! Can’t wait to see what you do next
Thanks!

And thank you for posting 🤯 I'm working on it right now, but I completely forgot about the copy of the builder diaper pattern. Should be done with everything in 2-3 hours.

btw, what's your preferred paper printing size?

builder drafting 01.JPG

• Love
Back