My Sewing Thread: AB Clothing and Diaper Projects (pic heavy)

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I was going to 'do' leg-warmers a few years ago 😁
For my skin condition, though, not for fashion. Alas, I'd have to have suspenders for them as I can't wear tight clothing (inc. elastications) because of the condition.
I did buy an arm & leg warmer set (the latter being thigh-length socks), though, to see how they'd fare; the socks were too tight, though (Chinese [one size fits all] sizing 😒).

Last edited:

KnappFlannel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I was going to 'do' leg-warmers a few years ago 😁
For my skin condition, though, not for fashion. Alas, I'd have to have suspenders for them as I can't wear tight clothing (inc. elastications) because of the condition.
I did buy an arm & leg warmer set (the latter being thigh-length socks), though, to see how they'd fare; the socks were too tight, though (Chinese [one size fits all] sizing 😒).
That stinks Ade! - the one-size-fits-all thing irks me too.

Agreed :oops:, this pattern would definitely not work with any sort of skin condition concerns.

I had a thought though if you were keen to make something that might keep your legs covered and stay up without too much trouble, how about a pair of those leggings 'chap' style pants sometimes used for potty-training? -basically a pair of sweatpants sans crotch but with a waistband :ROFLMAO:.

For fabric that won't irritate, I can absolutely recommend cotton velour. The good quality stuff is the single only fabric I've found that stays buttery soft, even if it gets damp or wet. I have found the bamboo velour tends to get crunchy over time and loses softness and feels rough when wet.

For garment longevity, you can get velour cut with 5-10% poly in the base without losing any of the softness 🐇.

KnappFlannel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
  3. Carer
I wish I was great to sew clothes. i found some my little pony fabric at the local store. I want to make something of it. It had been perfect to sew pj or maybe a romper.
Hey we all get started somewhere. I began with a $15 thrift store machine and zero knowledge of sewing. A few pages back on this thread I posted pics of some my early attempts. They are pretty darn awful :D.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
had a thought though if you were keen to make something that might keep your legs covered and stay up without too much trouble, how about a pair of those leggings 'chap' style pants sometimes used for potty-training? -basically a pair of sweatpants sans crotch but with a waistband
Oh, I've thought about chaps 🤣
Actually, I've got some suspender type clips knocking about, somewhere (I may have bought them in anticipation) 🤔
I saw, somewhere, them being attached to a T-shirt [to leggings] and from trad diaper to leggings.
At the moment, and not to jinx it, I don't need them, but I'll keep my options open 😉