• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

My "proper" introduction.... better than the first one I wrote, at least.

arctic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I think I wrote one of these a while back, but I didn't put much effort into it.

I found this place randomly, probably like most of us did.

What am I looking for on this site?

I'll let you know when I figure it out. I have no idea what I'm looking for here. I'm not even sure I'm looking for anything. But I've known I liked diapers for as long as I've known what they were.

I like the way they look, feel, and the way I feel when I'm wearing them. In some ways, diaper-wearing is a form of stress relief. In other ways, it's a kink. I feel guilty about it to some extent because I know it's not "socially acceptable" or whatever. But I stopped worrying about that a long time ago. I'm not looking for support.

Here's a little bit about me . . . . . .

On the outside, it looks like I have my shit together. I'm a working professional in a large midwestern city in the United States. I have a very demanding job and it takes a lot out of me. I'm usually the "rock" that everyone else can stand on.

That being said, I use my job as an excuse for running from other problems in my life. I have always done that, I guess. Why am I single? Because of my job, or so I tell anyone who asks ... including myself. Even though I know it's bullshit. I believe my own bullshit more than I probably should. I worry I'll never have a family. But I really want a family. Even though I need a lot of alone time because that is how I recharge, personally and psychologically, I still want a family.

I am very introverted. I wasn't always like that. But when I'm not at work, I get very anxious in social settings. I have a really hard time making small talk with other people. And I really don't care about most of the things my peers care about. I have a really hard time giving a shit about the whole "keeping up with the Jones" type discussions, too.

If this matters, I'm also gay. I've known I was gay since I was about 12 years old. This was terrifying for me as a kid because I was raised in a very conservative environment.

I'm a libertarian, though I have friends on all sides of all issues. I feel like I'm caught between my left wing friends and my right wing friends. I have common ground with both of them but I feel like an outsider.

I guess I have always felt like an outsider no matter where I go. Even among my extended family. I don't get along well with my own family. I live far away from them. They all like me but I have nothing in common with them. I can't talk to them about anything in my life because they wouldn't understand it.

I'm a fairly avid reader, I can play four musical instruments, and I really like to create ... music, writing, art, programs, quantitative/financial/trading models, and the list goes on. I'm only really happy when I'm creating things or learning thing.

I like to work out but I am shy about it because I let myself get out of shape, when I was an athlete in high school and college. It's a terrible catch-22 type situation. I am really self conscious about not being able to perform at the rate I could when I was in my teens and early 20s.

I try to play it off as not a big deal but I think about it almost daily. I wish I had a workout buddy but I never established that sort of a friend group when I was in graduate school and I don't live in the same city I went to college in. Besides, the only former-athlete friends of mine who still take care of themselves are in the military (for the most part) and I never see them anymore because we live in different parts of the country, or in other cases on opposite sides of the world.

• Love
Reactions: messydiaper, ElPulpo, Adrian697DL and 1 other person
Greetings
you've found a wonderful site!
Thanks for sharing about your self
hope you feel at home here

Reactions: Edgewater and arctic
Hello arctic, and welcome to ADISC. That's a very thought-out introduction if I say so myself.

Last edited:
Reactions: arctic
That was a good and somewhat relatable intro.

I'm a pretty politically middle of the road gay guy myself and can relate to quite a bit of what you said. Out here in the desert I've met quite a few gay guys who are more libertarian types. I feel like I'm on a political island where I can swim a lot of the time, but then the sharks close in from either side and it's easier to just go out of the water and let them feed on each other instead.

At least you're in a good area around Chicago. I'm becoming convinced that the upper Midwestern cities are probably the best area for a lot of reasons. This is your intro, I'll save my rant on what's happened to the Southwest for another day.

Also it seems you've got quite a diaper community up there for whatever reason, so at the least it's reassuring to know there are a plenty of other like minded guys up there even if you don't hang out with them. Even if diapers aren't considered socially acceptable, they're just underwear. Been wearing them for a long time and don't worry about it myself either. My attitude is very similar. If someone questions it, they can go find something else to worry about.

Anyway, welcome to the site and have fun.

Hi and welcome. Thank you for sharing so much of yourself. We're a very friendly group here and, if you want to chat about anything, please feel free to ask. Nobody's life is completely straightforward and I think we all have complications, unfulfilled dreams and paradoxes with which we must wrestle.

Hello arctic, great introduction welcome

Welcome. Thanks for sharing your great bio.

Last edited:
Hi arctic, great intro - not only because it's much more informative than most, but especially because I can relate more than usual.

In case you are interested, I also like the look and feel from simple snugness to arousal, depending on context, and I've come to terms with it. Well, maybe I still appreciate some reassurance from ADISC that it is really ok.

Concerning family, I was a late bloomer, spending far more time in my room with my books, my guitar and my computer than with other people. Yet I somehow managed to find a wife, raise two children and so far live happily together. It is possible even for introverts.

I could go on about almost every aspect of your intro, but I feel that would go beyond the scope of an intro - would you mind if I contacted you directly?

tiron101 said:
That was a good and somewhat relatable intro.

I'm a pretty politically middle of the road gay guy myself and can relate to quite a bit of what you said. Out here in the desert I've met quite a few gay guys who are more libertarian types. I feel like I'm on a political island where I can swim a lot of the time, but then the sharks close in from either side and it's easier to just go out of the water and let them feed on each other instead.

At least you're in a good area around Chicago. I'm becoming convinced that the upper Midwestern cities are probably the best area for a lot of reasons. This is your intro, I'll save my rant on what's happened to the Southwest for another day.

Also it seems you've got quite a diaper community up there for whatever reason, so at the least it's reassuring to know there are a plenty of other like minded guys up there even if you don't hang out with them. Even if diapers aren't considered socially acceptable, they're just underwear. Been wearing them for a long time and don't worry about it myself either. My attitude is very similar. If someone questions it, they can go find something else to worry about.

Anyway, welcome to the site and have fun.

The grass isn't always greener on the other side. There are aspects of the midwest that I like. There are others that I do not.

Park City, Utah is probably my favorite place outside of a few places in Montana and Idaho.

I still love San Diego, California. Even though it's a relic of what it once was.

Welcome back

ElPulpo said:
I could go on about almost every aspect of your intro, but I feel that would go beyond the scope of an intro - would you mind if I contacted you directly?

Sure, although I don't mind if you go on and on . . . . not a problem from my perspective.

Reactions: ElPulpo
Back