My pet peave is... (you just saw mine, The Grammar Corrector)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I said Grammar Nazi, but that is a harsh word to use so I changed it to The Grammar/Grammer Corrector. SEE! I AM NOT EVEN SURE HOW TO SPELL IT! HA!

Mine is people who don't cover their mouth when they cough.

Sprinkles said:

SAME.
Also people who don't wash their hands after leaving the bathroom.

Sprinkles said:

I got a nasty cold from an asshole at the doctor's office who was coughing up a lung without covering.

My pet peave occurs when driving on a two lane boulevard, some ass passes you on the left, then pulls right in front of you, and then slows down to make a right hand turn.

I've got a real thing about pet peeves; can't stand 'em.

fc6c639f64366fa84808d17dfd2a47be.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My pet peeve are those people who live in those planned neighborhoods with really narrow roads where each house has a driveway but they can't be bothered to use the driveway so they line both sides of a narrow single lane road with massive SUV's and then when you get to the end of the road that your car barely fits down because they don't use their damn driveways (Which are all empty) Someone who lives there is always just turning onto the street and expects you to backup all the way down the street you just traveled because they can't be bothered to do so them self.

Also the coughing thing bugs the hell out of me as well.

Slow typing.

My pete peeves are grammar nazi's, some get really irritating. I've had times where I've written a meaningful post, just to people contribute nothing to it, and end up correcting me constantly, hasn't happened on adisc, but gets really irritating.

Half the reason I don't use Reddit, one missing comma, or spelling mistake, and it gets down voted to oblivion, so I often don't bother with websites other than facebook and adisc.

Other pete peeve is hypocrites and manipulative people, I've had to deal with my fare share of those types of people, had many ruin my friendships etc.

For example, (I've had similar things to this happen) went on Reddit posted a topic about horses, instead of it becoming about horses, It becomes about how stupid I am, and how I can't spell for shit, than they pick at every little spelling mistake I have, treat me like an idiot, and contribute nothing to the topic.

It's gotten to the point, I would rather learn German, and speak in that.

My pet peeve is when some uneducated idiot comes on to a text based forum discussion and proceeds to thoroughly murder the English language. Now you're just wasting our time trying to decipher it. Seriously, don't you see those little red lines under your badly spelled words. That's auto correct, use it for F&@#S sake. And holy crap why doesn't anyone proofread their posts before clicking that post button.

This said, I don't nit pick every last spelling mistake. Heck, even I make them sometimes- I am slightly dyslexic, and post on my phone after all.

Maxx said:
Where's the damn like button when you need it...
in a bar, drowning it's sorrows :biggrin:

hmm, where to start with mine....?
okay, the constantly painful ones by others: illegal headlights and chemical stenches (or 'perfume' as it's called by idiots).
both are symptomatic of selfishness.

Pet Peeve .... research before spreading false information. It bothers me how it seems people can share posts, or share information that si questionable to begin with and just plain false when you can easily use google to search it up and check if it's legitimate.

My pet peeve is when people don't even bother trying to compile an intelligible paragraph. I don't mind if other people don't have the best English skills, whatever. But people completely ignore the squiggly red line underneath every third word in their sentences. That's just laziness.

Gee my pet peeve is inconsiderate people in the cinema.

Can't stand people that think it's acceptable to take their mobile phone out during a movie or talk.

I understand some audible gasping during dramatic moments or laughing during comedy but dummies that just talk or ask questions should be ejected.

Went to see Dr Strange this afternoon but when we saw all the noisy kids in the queue we changed our minds and left.

Fulldyperlvr79 said:
Yes, I said Grammar Nazi, but that is a harsh word to use so I changed it to The Grammar/Grammer Corrector. SEE! I AM NOT EVEN SURE HOW TO SPELL IT! HA!

It is Grammar :)

Shybug said:
My pete peeves are grammar nazi's, some get really irritating.

Not all of us are that bad...

Slomo said:
My pet peeve is when some uneducated idiot comes on to a text based forum discussion and proceeds to thoroughly murder the English language.

Fargin Iceholes! -Roman Troy Moronie LOL

Meowstic said:
My pet peeve is when people don't even bother trying to compile an intelligible paragraph. I don't mind if other people don't have the best English skills, whatever. But people completely ignore the squiggly red line underneath every third word in their sentences. That's just laziness.

Oh no, bad english is well bad, lol.
But the worst in when a run on sentence turns into a 12 line paragraph wall of text without a single line break. :/

Yes, self proclaimed Grammar Nazi here :) But I'm nowhere near as bad as some, so.
The only thing worse then bad sentence formatting ............ Is bad HTML coding, lol.

Oh and people who don't clear the microwave timer after removing something before it finishes.

MandyBear said:
Oh and people who don't clear the microwave timer after removing something before it finishes.

Gah my children and my coworkers are that sort of lazy.... in both instances their is a "clear" button!

MandyBear said:
I do that by accident sometimes if I get distracted. More often than not I will just put 3 minutes on the microwave no matter what it is. and just judge it accordingly. Sometimes I could end up doing something else at the same time. So, if I get distracted I may forget to clear it.

Argent said:
Gah my children and my coworkers are that sort of lazy.... in both instances their is a "clear" button!
It's not laziness all the time, it's more along the lines of forgetfulness. Then again, I suppose some people may not clear simply cause they are indeed lazy .... not me though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back