My pet peave is... (you just saw mine, The Grammar Corrector)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Private
Yes, I said Grammar Nazi, but that is a harsh word to use so I changed it to The Grammar/Grammer Corrector. SEE! I AM NOT EVEN SURE HOW TO SPELL IT! HA!

Sprinkles

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Mine is people who don't cover their mouth when they cough.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Mine is people who don't cover their mouth when they cough.

I got a nasty cold from an asshole at the doctor's office who was coughing up a lung without covering.

My pet peave occurs when driving on a two lane boulevard, some ass passes you on the left, then pulls right in front of you, and then slows down to make a right hand turn.

ToddySmurf

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I've got a real thing about pet peeves; can't stand 'em.

AAO

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
My pet peeve are those people who live in those planned neighborhoods with really narrow roads where each house has a driveway but they can't be bothered to use the driveway so they line both sides of a narrow single lane road with massive SUV's and then when you get to the end of the road that your car barely fits down because they don't use their damn driveways (Which are all empty) Someone who lives there is always just turning onto the street and expects you to backup all the way down the street you just traveled because they can't be bothered to do so them self.

Also the coughing thing bugs the hell out of me as well.

LittleJess

Banned
Role
  1. Private
My pete peeves are grammar nazi's, some get really irritating. I've had times where I've written a meaningful post, just to people contribute nothing to it, and end up correcting me constantly, hasn't happened on adisc, but gets really irritating.

Half the reason I don't use Reddit, one missing comma, or spelling mistake, and it gets down voted to oblivion, so I often don't bother with websites other than facebook and adisc.

Other pete peeve is hypocrites and manipulative people, I've had to deal with my fare share of those types of people, had many ruin my friendships etc.

For example, (I've had similar things to this happen) went on Reddit posted a topic about horses, instead of it becoming about horses, It becomes about how stupid I am, and how I can't spell for shit, than they pick at every little spelling mistake I have, treat me like an idiot, and contribute nothing to the topic.

It's gotten to the point, I would rather learn German, and speak in that.

Slomo

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
My pet peeve is when some uneducated idiot comes on to a text based forum discussion and proceeds to thoroughly murder the English language. Now you're just wasting our time trying to decipher it. Seriously, don't you see those little red lines under your badly spelled words. That's auto correct, use it for F&@#S sake. And holy crap why doesn't anyone proofread their posts before clicking that post button.

This said, I don't nit pick every last spelling mistake. Heck, even I make them sometimes- I am slightly dyslexic, and post on my phone after all.

ade

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
Where's the damn like button when you need it...
in a bar, drowning it's sorrows :biggrin:

hmm, where to start with mine....?
okay, the constantly painful ones by others: illegal headlights and chemical stenches (or 'perfume' as it's called by idiots).
both are symptomatic of selfishness.

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
Pet Peeve .... research before spreading false information. It bothers me how it seems people can share posts, or share information that si questionable to begin with and just plain false when you can easily use google to search it up and check if it's legitimate.

Meowstic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
My pet peeve is when people don't even bother trying to compile an intelligible paragraph. I don't mind if other people don't have the best English skills, whatever. But people completely ignore the squiggly red line underneath every third word in their sentences. That's just laziness.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Gee my pet peeve is inconsiderate people in the cinema.

Can't stand people that think it's acceptable to take their mobile phone out during a movie or talk.

I understand some audible gasping during dramatic moments or laughing during comedy but dummies that just talk or ask questions should be ejected.

Went to see Dr Strange this afternoon but when we saw all the noisy kids in the queue we changed our minds and left.

MandyBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
  2. Incontinent
  3. Carer
Yes, I said Grammar Nazi, but that is a harsh word to use so I changed it to The Grammar/Grammer Corrector. SEE! I AM NOT EVEN SURE HOW TO SPELL IT! HA!

It is Grammar :)

My pete peeves are grammar nazi's, some get really irritating.

Not all of us are that bad...

My pet peeve is when some uneducated idiot comes on to a text based forum discussion and proceeds to thoroughly murder the English language.

Fargin Iceholes! -Roman Troy Moronie LOL

My pet peeve is when people don't even bother trying to compile an intelligible paragraph. I don't mind if other people don't have the best English skills, whatever. But people completely ignore the squiggly red line underneath every third word in their sentences. That's just laziness.

Oh no, bad english is well bad, lol.
But the worst in when a run on sentence turns into a 12 line paragraph wall of text without a single line break. :/

Yes, self proclaimed Grammar Nazi here :) But I'm nowhere near as bad as some, so.
The only thing worse then bad sentence formatting ............ Is bad HTML coding, lol.

Oh and people who don't clear the microwave timer after removing something before it finishes.

Argent

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Oh and people who don't clear the microwave timer after removing something before it finishes.

Gah my children and my coworkers are that sort of lazy.... in both instances their is a "clear" button!

MarchinBunny

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
  6. Incontinent
I do that by accident sometimes if I get distracted. More often than not I will just put 3 minutes on the microwave no matter what it is. and just judge it accordingly. Sometimes I could end up doing something else at the same time. So, if I get distracted I may forget to clear it.

Gah my children and my coworkers are that sort of lazy.... in both instances their is a "clear" button!
It's not laziness all the time, it's more along the lines of forgetfulness. Then again, I suppose some people may not clear simply cause they are indeed lazy .... not me though.

S

Starrunner

I am sick of going into stores and not being able to pay for something without being asked a hundred questions or someone trying to sell me half the store.

Okay, so I went into HMV yesterday to pick up a gift for a friend and went to pay for it at the cash and it took five minutes just to get past the questions.

-Hello. Did you find everything you were looking for?

-Yes, thank you.

-Will that be on your Pure HMV rewards card?

-No, it's debit please.

-Do you know about our rewards card program?

-Yes.

-Are you a member?

-No, I'm not.

-Would you like to be a member?

-Not today, thank you.

-Since you spent over fifty dollars you're entitled to buy any of the crappy CD's or DVD's at the counter for fifty percent off. Were you interested in purchasing one of them today?

-No thank you.

-We also have a two-for-one special this week because we're selling off all the stuff that no one would ever pay full price for. Have you had a chance to look those over?

-Not today thanks.

-Here's your receipt. Did you want to participate in our online survey about customer satisfaction?

-Um, can I get that to go please?

Please, just let me pay so I can get the hell out of here!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
M

Maxx

I do that by accident sometimes if I get distracted. More often than not I will just put 3 minutes on the microwave no matter what it is. and just judge it accordingly. Sometimes I could end up doing something else at the same time. So, if I get distracted I may forget to clear it.

LOL. You're in good company. Mrs. Maxx NEVER clears it, while I ALWAYS set it for the time I want it to cook and let it run. One of those things that drives you crazy when you've been married as long as I have. Who knew. Microwaves didn't exist when we said "I do".

- - - Updated - - -

I am sick of going into stores and not being able to pay for something without being asked a hundred questions or someone trying to sell me half the store.

Usually I'm with you, except for yesterday. Performance bike shop. Needed a new tire for my daily driver, and a couple of spare tubes for inventory. Guy pointed out best tire deal...turned out to be what I had on there previously and wore out (happy with it, a LOT of miles before it gave up)... then when I was grabbing innertubes he says "buy 3 get one free".... we're at $40 and change, so he hands me a coupon for $10 off $50 purchase, so I grab a canister of fluid replacement drink powder. Got out of there for pretty much what I expected to spend for a tire and tube.

Status
Not open for further replies.