My new struggle

ieyasu said:
Adair,

Your countryman once stated:

I don't know that I would necessarily use the word "sweet" to describe the smell of a diaper, nappy, padding, brief, underwear or protection.

While each of these are synonyms they all of have different connotations and are not 100% interchangeable. Die-hard ABs and DLs are more comfortable using the word diapers / nappies but most others try to avoid them. Being a DL I prefer The term diaper (or omutsu - Japanese for diaper) but I use the word protection when referring to someone else's needs.

-Ieyasu
AComputerGuy said:
Tbf this is in the incontinence section and when talking about these products too adults nearly all professionals will stay away from the words nappy or diaper they have negative associations because they are related too babies and majority of people do not want too be associated with babies when they are dealing with medical issues most people call them pads or protective underwear etc
OK that makes sense.

Reactions: AComputerGuy
BWAron said:
About a year or so ago, I started noticing that I was not completely emptying when I would go to the toilet, and I would have to stand there longer and longer. Then I noticed that when I got home and changed, that my underwear was a little moist, but not bad enough to leak through to the pants. Then one night, my wife woke me up, and I had wet the bed. No big deal. I haven't done this since I was 12. Well a couple of more major accidents, and my wife takes me kicking and screaming to our family doctor. She orders some tests, does some poking and prodding, and two weeks later, she tells me that my prostrate is really really large, and that with my previous bedwetting as a child and the meds that I am on, is the reason for the bedwetting and the leaks and small accidents.

We talk about the medicine options and that was the last thing I wanted, already on to many lol. So she said the next best option was protection, and she left the room. I had already purchased some male guards and that was helping. I started to leave and she came back in and handed my wife a bag of stuff and told me that there were some samples of adult incontinence products in there for me to try. I looked in the bag and about freaked, well I did. I was so embarrassed that I walked out and went straight to the car.

So now for the first time in 38 years (I'm 51 now), I am in a diaper at night, and pullups and / or male guards during the day and have been for the past 9 or so months. I am slowly getting used to them. But still don't like it.
There’s been considerable progress in treating enlarged prostate issues in recent years. A neighbor had laser surgery and claims he now pees like teenager with no side effects.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/tests-procedures/prostate-laser-surgery/about/pac-20384874

Reactions: BWAron
BWAron said:
About a year or so ago, I started noticing that I was not completely emptying when I would go to the toilet, and I would have to stand there longer and longer. Then I noticed that when I got home and changed, that my underwear was a little moist, but not bad enough to leak through to the pants. Then one night, my wife woke me up, and I had wet the bed. No big deal. I haven't done this since I was 12. Well a couple of more major accidents, and my wife takes me kicking and screaming to our family doctor. She orders some tests, does some poking and prodding, and two weeks later, she tells me that my prostrate is really really large, and that with my previous bedwetting as a child and the meds that I am on, is the reason for the bedwetting and the leaks and small accidents.

We talk about the medicine options and that was the last thing I wanted, already on to many lol. So she said the next best option was protection, and she left the room. I had already purchased some male guards and that was helping. I started to leave and she came back in and handed my wife a bag of stuff and told me that there were some samples of adult incontinence products in there for me to try. I looked in the bag and about freaked, well I did. I was so embarrassed that I walked out and went straight to the car.

So now for the first time in 38 years (I'm 51 now), I am in a diaper at night, and pullups and / or male guards during the day and have been for the past 9 or so months. I am slowly getting used to them. But still don't like it.
That is about the same age I was returned to diapers my wife didn't want to do sheets everyday and I wasn't going the surgery route.

Reactions: BWAron
Back