My new cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
I just got a new cow over the weekend, and took a couple of pics of her.

No name yet, we'll see what her personality is like before we give her a name.
She's a Dexter cow. That's a breed of cow that is on the small side, about 800 lbs. max weight.
She's two yrs. old, which is pretty much full grown for a cow, and next year she will be able to have a calf. Bring on the milk, mooo.:D

kevindhca-albums-dexter-cow-picture1747-dexter-cow2.jpg

kevindhca-albums-dexter-cow-picture1746-dexter-cow.jpg

Lil Snap

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
And here I was, thinking that you had somehow brainwashed convinced Pojo that a field in Canada would be a fun place to be! :D Is she going to be just for milk, or will there be steaks involved at any point?

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Sooooo lucky.

I dream about having a produce garden and some livestock someday.

KandiKit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
  6. Other
Im jealous, id like to own a cow

Won't mind not having to take care of it though =P

Grutzvalt

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
....You captured Moo? He's not gunna be happy when he figured out what happened...

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
  1. Private
D'oh.

Should have known that this "free grass for life" deal had some kind of catch.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
Ugh, I'd never get a cow agian. Not after that brama. Should of shot the damn thing.

I lye I might get another but I doubt it. My next farm animal might be a Chicken Since my last were eaten by foxes. and some more ducks. Since some coyotes got them. Need to build Coop, And Repair my fences Before we do anything since we got our deer sheep.

Plus I need to get more hay and sweet feed.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
And here I was, thinking that you had somehow brainwashed convinced Pojo that a field in Canada would be a fun place to be! :D Is she going to be just for milk, or will there be steaks involved at any point?

Steaks for everyone, or is this a pet?

A field in Canada is a very good place to be. Especially here where we are not having winter, what a difference from last year, average January temperature this year is 7.1 C. The previous record is 6.2 C for Jan.

She is for milk, but since you have to have a calf in order to get milk, we are going to breed her to a beef type, and the calves will be steaks in about 2.5 yrs.

Im jealous, id like to own a cow

Won't mind not having to take care of it though =P

Cows are easy to take care of, just access to fresh water and grass, it's the daily milking part that takes time. Beef cattle pretty much look after themselves.

....You captured Moo? He's not gunna be happy when he figured out what happened...

I don't see why not....it's a pretty sweet deal, lots of grass, hay, grain, fresh water, protection from predators and nice barn for shelter from the elements.

D'oh.

Should have known that this "free grass for life" deal had some kind of catch.

No catch for this cow, she is going to be around for a long time.

Sooooo lucky.

I dream about having a produce garden and some livestock someday.

Not luck...hard work. If you want it...do it. Start small, just some veggies, in pots if you have no ground to grow in.
When I lived in a townhouse I took over all the gardening around my unit, it looked so nice the management complained to me that my place looked way better than the rest of the complex. I told them to get off their buts and take better care of the rest because they wouldn't ever tell me to let it get run down.

Ugh, I'd never get a cow agian. Not after that brama. Should of shot the damn thing.

I lye I might get another but I doubt it. My next farm animal might be a Chicken Since my last were eaten by foxes. and some more ducks. Since some coyotes got them. Need to build Coop, And Repair my fences Before we do anything since we got our deer sheep.

Plus I need to get more hay and sweet feed.

I've never had a Brama, just some Holstiens, Jerseys, and now a Dexter. I'm moving down in size of cows.
I have about 150 chickens and 40 Muskovie Ducks. These are also known as tree ducks and they are very quiet as they don't quack. They just have a kind of low hiss.
Repairing fences seems to be neverending. I have about 3km of fence to look after.
Damb Coyotes, there's one animal I could do without.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
I've never had a Brama, just some Holstiens, Jerseys, and now a Dexter. I'm moving down in size of cows.
I have about 150 chickens and 40 Muskovie Ducks. These are also known as tree ducks and they are very quiet as they don't quack. They just have a kind of low hiss.
Repairing fences seems to be neverending. I have about 3km of fence to look after.
Damb Coyotes, there's one animal I could do without.
brahman cow My bad. A lil tired.

Eh, going to be first fence repair in about 1 year. And I need to get a .22 rifle and pistol. to kill the dozens of them that come on my mom's property. Problem is I have to get a Big game license or what ever it is called to hunt where The property is with no legal repercussions.

How big is your property?

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Incontinent
brahman cow My bad. A lil tired.

Eh, going to be first fence repair in about 1 year. And I need to get a .22 rifle and pistol. to kill the dozens of them that come on my mom's property. Problem is I have to get a Big game license or what ever it is called to hunt where The property is with no legal repercussions.

How big is your property?

My place is five acres, but it's long and skinny, 1000 m long and 50 m wide.

I don't shoot the coyotes, it's rural but in the city so if I fired a gun I'd have 20 cops here in 10 minutes. Don't need that hassle, I have a Border Collie who is very eager about his work, and runs them off, at warp speed, lol.
I lose a few chickens and ducks a year, but it's not too bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.