My Mega Max now has a softer plastic

Diaperman95

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I had ordered 1 1/2 cases of Mega max the first of the month. I got a case of pink and some white ones. I have a stash so I just add to it and do not always use them right off as they come in. But today I opened the bag of white ones that I had received and as soon as I put my hand in the bag to pull it out I noticed it was a much softer plastic than
normal. Like a lot softer! Almost as soft as the vintage attends. I even had to double check I grabbed a mega max. I carried one of my pink ones with the normal plastic and the white one to my wife and asked her, "is it me or are theses way softer"? She agreed the new stock white one was softer. I put it on and no doubt it is softer. I worn it bowling and it stays on just as tight but feels way better and more discrete to me. It for sure is not as loud when you move.

I hope it is what they are going too with all of the colors. This was a smart move if they are changing over. I wish they would get that PG attends smell next. 😄 I can dream Right? I always loved how soft Attends was and though it has been 20 years since I used those attends, these are just as soft. It makes me mad I did not order all white now. LOL I wear the mediums. I am sure they are going to use up old stock fist if in fact they are changing..

Has anyone else noticed and what do you think?

Reactions: PlastiBrain, TigerDL, Woncrinklz and 1 other person
Ye. Would be great if only they crinkled as much as an attends 😁 and were as thick as abena m4 plastic backed

Reactions: ChrisK
I noticed the new plastic the last time I bought them as well. Very soft, and they feel exactly like vintage attends diapers from the 90s (I compared the two side by side as soon as I tried them on and could tell they were softer than older runs of MegaMax). Another diaper on the market that uses the same material is the Unique Wellness briefs if anyone wants a slightly cheaper but much less absorbent product with that ultra soft material. Very comfortable, but especially the MegaMax.

Damn, the Megamax is my usual daily nappy and the plastic is one of the things that I really like about them. I'll be missing the crinkle if that's going to be a permanent change.

I hope that manufacturers aren't moving towards discreteness as one of the main selling points for all their products. There are those of us who actually like to feel and hear their diapers. i don't care about being discrete. Sensory stimulation is far more important to me.

Reactions: TheDideeboy
Really? Part of the reason I wore them less was mainly that I liked softer less "plasticy" shells. If this is so, I'll give them another whirl.

Seems like MM has been quieter for a while. It's not been long since I tried them for the first time. Their blue was my first experience as a sample, and I found them very quiet. Even my wife remarked it was uncommonly quiet.

I imagine they may have been overstocked on an older type of plastic or there's a correlation to the print/color. To be fair, I never tried a straight-up white. Or the type of plastic changes subtly without us noticing.

Last edited:
Diaperman95 said:
I had ordered 1 1/2 cases of Mega max the first of the month. I got a case of pink and some white ones. I have a stash so I just add to it and do not always use them right off as they come in. But today I opened the bag of white ones that I had received and as soon as I put my hand in the bag to pull it out I noticed it was a much softer plastic than
normal. Like a lot softer! Almost as soft as the vintage attends. I even had to double check I grabbed a mega max. I carried one of my pink ones with the normal plastic and the white one to my wife and asked her, "is it me or are theses way softer"? She agreed the new stock white one was softer. I put it on and no doubt it is softer. I worn it bowling and it stays on just as tight but feels way better and more discrete to me. It for sure is not as loud when you move.

I hope it is what they are going too with all of the colors. This was a smart move if they are changing over. I wish they would get that PG attends smell next. 😄 I can dream Right? I always loved how soft Attends was and though it has been 20 years since I used those attends, these are just as soft. It makes me mad I did not order all white now. LOL I wear the mediums. I am sure they are going to use up old stock fist if in fact they are changing..

Has anyone else noticed and what do you think?
I have not used Mega max for years because North Shore charges for shipping.
My wife gets my diapers from Amazon, free shipping. She tried a couple of different diapers before staying with Abri-Form.

littlej said:
I hope that manufacturers aren't moving towards discreteness as one of the main selling points for all their products. There are those of us who actually like to feel and hear their diapers. i don't care about being discrete. Sensory stimulation is far more important to me.
I have to admit I like the assurance of the heavy plastic backed diapers. I guess I am also not just going for descreat.

Wow Sorry to all of you guys, but it was not new plastic.! According to Northshore Adam there has been no change in materials. He said maybe they was not pack as tight and that it and a few small things could account for minor differences. Then it kind of made since. I had opened the pack and used one that evening. Then one that night and when I went to get the 3rd the next morning after my post. I noticed 2 diapers was missing. My wife and I live alone and it was not her. I was going nuts until I got his email. I think they was just softer plastic and padding a bit too because they was not pressed so tight in that little bag. But they was super soft. I keep hearing to toss them in the dryer. I might have to try it.😂😂 .. So sorry I got your hopes up or scared you. I do Not think it was bad product or customer service either. It was a packing fluke. NorthShore has giving me so many free Samples I could careless.

Reactions: dl015, Deleted member 56273 and PooMinara
Diaperman95 said:
I wish they would get that PG Attends smell next. 😄
Why not suggest NS making a 6-tab Megamax?

Reactions: Ryanwet and furry121
BabyTweetyBird said:
Why not suggest NS making a 6-tab Megamax?
I would love a quality diaper to come in a 6 tab.. I love the fit and feel of most 6 tab diapers

• Love
Reactions: Deleted member 56273
Diaperman95 said:
I would love a quality diaper to come in a 6 tab.. I love the fit and feel of most 6 tab diapers
especially the P&G-era waistband-style Attends with the baby blue tabs!

BabyTweetyBird said:
especially the P&G-era waistband-style Attends with the baby blue tabs!
I worn those for years in the 90s. Kmart use to stock them and was by far my go to diaper at the time. It really is a sad thing in the industry. I say that because the diapers you could by off of the store shelves in the 90's was no where close to being as good as diapers you can find online or in select pharmacies today. But they was 10 times better than the ones that replaced them today on the shelves of large chain stores.. Depends in the last 20 years has went nothing but backwards when it comes to people with moderate to severe IC. Maybe they became better and more discrete to those that just need a little pad or light underwear but a depends overnight from the late 90's would absorb 2 times the amount of their maximum protection brief now. PG does not even exist or not the same one of the times. How does that happen? A company like depends that is still the first diaper people think about when it comes to incontinence unless they are educated on the subject. But people always are like I might need some depends or get them a depends. It is so well known but the truth is they suck. Just did a company with that notability research and make products the last 20 years and their product has only gotten worse.

Diaperman95 said:
Wow Sorry to all of you guys, but it was not new plastic.! According to Northshore Adam there has been no change in materials. He said maybe they was not pack as tight and that it and a few small things could account for minor differences. Then it kind of made since. I had opened the pack and used one that evening. Then one that night and when I went to get the 3rd the next morning after my post. I noticed 2 diapers was missing. My wife and I live alone and it was not her. I was going nuts until I got his email. I think they was just softer plastic and padding a bit too because they was not pressed so tight in that little bag. But they was super soft. I keep hearing to toss them in the dryer. I might have to try it.😂😂 .. So sorry I got your hopes up or scared you. I do Not think it was bad product or customer service either. It was a packing fluke. NorthShore has giving me so many free Samples I could careless.
I was thinking about trying the megamax again; I previously tried them and didn't like how thick the plastic was... :( oh well

DLNerd said:
I was thinking about trying the megamax again; I previously tried them and didn't like how thick the plastic was... :( oh well
Sorry. 😪

I have not tried tumbling a couple in the dryer but maybe it would make a difference. I thought it was just me at first when I picked it up and even ran down the hall in my birthday suit to ask my wife to feel. LOL She confirmed they was extremely softer. So one of these days I I'm going to have to tumble dry a few and loosen them up and see.

Diaperman95 said:
She confirmed they was extremely softer
Does it crinkle?

BabyTweetyBird said:
Does it crinkle?
No not nearly as much. I mean the landing strip still made a little noise as it is a heavy duty plastic but the rest of the diaper was silent. The landing strip was softer too though. If you take a normal mega max and put it on they are a bit ridged and stiff and they do not lay as flat on my ass. the plastic is compressed to the padding and it feels more rough and textured. But if you notice when the crotch is soaked and the padding swells the plastic is actually pretty soft. It is just that it is compressed so tight with the padding it feels stiffer. I plan to throw a few in the dryer and see if I can not loosen hem up. Because they felt good and loose and soft they laid down better around my ass. The new mega max airs lay flatter and are more discrete too but the stretch and loosen so when full so they are not as good for me,. They have a different backing and just a little less absorbent material. But on the OG Mega Max I just love the landing strip because no matter how active I am they stay tight and up. This is one of the reasons I choose them for day use too. But it really was night and day difference in the 2 diapers I showed the wife. . The only thing I can figure is it was because two diapers was missing in the bundle.

I was confused about the two missing diapers thinking I might of put them in my bag even though I know I did not. Then Adam emailed me and told me they might not be bound as tight or compressed as much. Then it clicked that the bag was short filled and I did not miss place two diapers.😂
When I fluff a few in the dryer I will let people know if it gets close to the same result. I have read a few people say to soften a diaper toss it in a dryer. WE will see..

Diaperman95 said:
the plastic is compressed to the padding and it feels more rough and textured.
If that plastic is textured («rubberized») it would also be extremely arousing when it comes into contact with the skin. Personally I don't think NS used this kind of plastic, would be nice to see a couple of pics from a sample.

Back