My love for diapers seems completely incompatible with my faith. [Vent/rant]

Topex

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I was never into church, and those that use it as a crutch more power to them, I do not cower at the sight of a cross. Religion has ruled people for too long, wars were fought because of religion and to this day still are. Religion is what it is and everyone knows that. I will not ever confess to another human being what I have done in my life and no religion in the world can tell me to do otherwise...
And that's completely your choice to be made

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
Somewhere in the Bible is a passage saying that man shall not spill his seed.
Only if you take it out of context. The passage is Genesis:38. The issue was NOT masturbation. The spilling seed here was Onan pulling out from sex with his brother's widow and spilling his seed. God smote him because he directly disobeyed him.

It had squat to believe that it was somehow a proto-human, but the fact that he knew it would not generate a child as the Lord had commanded.

Most people who want to throw authoritarian views claiming religion are pathetically ignorant of the religion they are claiming to represent.

Last edited:

SorcerorElf

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
Masturbation is wrong in whose words and in whose eyes. Masturbation is natural and essential. Church is just a crutch that people use to make their lives more livable. I don't ever expect anyone to forgive me for what i have done in my life nor do i care to be judged, If people want to live like that it is their own choice. I live life as it should be, carefree and to the fullest without hurting anyone.
Masturbation is wrong in the eyes of religion as it is an act of self-gratification that misuses a God-given gift (the ability to procreate). (Sex is for procreation and to be fully giving to another person, not for your own personal pleasure.) Masturbation isn't natural and nor is it essential. You can choose not to masturbate and many people don't ever do so in their entire life and get by fine.

I think saying that church is a crutch is a little bit of a minimization, especially in the way you worded it. It's the basis of a spiritual sanctity that I do my best to live my life by and seek emotional, spiritual, and mental support from
My belief is that both of the above viewpoints are valid depending on how someone wants to live their life. Like with many things in life, religion can be very helpful or extremely dangerous depending on context.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
God said that sex should repulse,
If it doesn't lead to results.
And so we fill the world,
Full of consenting adults.

As Fr. Guido Sarducci says, if sex should only be for procreation, eating should only be for nutrition. Have a vitamin pill and a donut.

The bible doesn't say this at all. In fact, it implies that the act of sex is a sacred thing between husband and wife for its own right, not about the creation of children.

Again, lots of people will tell you what they think you should do, and all it is (as much of organized religion), is an authoritarian power trip.

Interestingly, the Southern Baptists flipped completely on this. Originally, they were a "interpret God's teachings as they apply to you" until they were taken over by fascists leaders who say "THIS IS WHAT WE FUCKING SAY GOD WANTS AND YOU BETTER OBEY US RATHER THAN THE LORD."

scaifester

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
All Christians have struggles. Some are more socially accepted than others.
I think a workaholic with financial success is less likely to feel guilty because wealth is esteemed in our culture. But is it any less wrong?
Know that you are not alone in dealing with this internal struggle.