• Note: ADISC does NOT allow personal ads. This includes "looking for ____" or "anyone in ____" type introduction posts. To write a good introduction, focus on explaining who you are, NOT what you are looking for. The goal should be to help other people get to know you a bit.

My long overdue intro

Status
Not open for further replies.

aim

Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
I have been on this site for years, but never post. I have had urinary incontinence episodes since 2009 after a surgical mishap. This last year what little control was left is gone. I have struggled with this, as I am a very active person. My husband has been an amazing support system, but the stories and posts have helped me realize I can still be the same person. I am still working on confidence, but each day gets better.

• Love
Reactions: Samantha, tempestcd, disabledinconben and 2 others
Welcome to the site :) I lurked for a while too . Koodos to the supportive husband 👏🏼

Reactions: vp39 and Kittyinpink
Welcome out of the dark shadows of lurking in the background, looking forward to your posts

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Hi aim, sorry to hear of your post surgery incontinence problems having such a long term affect on your life, over so many years.
Glad you have a wonderful support system in your husband and I hope your confidence continues to grow each day.
We are more than what we wear.
No worries with a late (better than never) Lurker introduction post, lots of us here read far more, than what we post.
As for me I have gained much support on ADISC, helping me greatly with self acceptance of my lot in life.
All the best for you future @aim

Reactions: Kittyinpink
Hello and welcome! 😊
You will find plenty of support here with other IC s ..

Reactions: Happy2BeInNappies2
aim said:
I have been on this site for years, but never post. I have had urinary incontinence episodes since 2009 after a surgical mishap. This last year what little control was left is gone. I have struggled with this, as I am a very active person. My husband has been an amazing support system, but the stories and posts have helped me realize I can still be the same person. I am still working on confidence, but each day gets better.
Hello, and welcome

HI aim
Like to to send you a very warm welcome !

I'm another one who lurked for quite a while before I signed up; you're far from unique in that respect. Good morning, and welcome!

Hello and welcome, from the sound of your post I think the magic of ADISC is already working. You’re going to be fine , enjoy!

Hello and welcome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back