My friend is joining the US Army.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If he loses enough weight to at least qualify, the Army will assign him to a PT platoon before he actually goes into basic training. With the state of the Army these days, they're giving out waivers as if they were candy.

Kip

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover
After mentioning his being overweight--NO recruiter in his right mind would let him join now. He may already have depression causing the overweight.
By September he may come to his senses, if not, then feed him lots of ice cream!!!!!!!!!
Sorry about the feeble attempt at a joke!!
He has been over weight since I met him seven years ago. My guess is that he is depressed about his GF dumping him.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
I think if an overweight person joins the army, they'd be sent to boot camp or whatever and after many drills, they'd eventually lose weight. Anyway, it's your friend's choice. He probably wants to show his ex how much of a manly man he is or something and make her jealous. If he wants to risk his life in Iraq, well it's his choice to do so.

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Sissy
Don't let him be a wuss tell him to join the marines. So much better.

In all honesty It is his life and HIS choices If he wants to make the choice to join the army then so be it it is HIS choice. Even if he is joining for the wrong reasons HE is an adult and HE makes his own choices. And being over weight it depends on how much. A 300Lb 6 foot 7 inch man differs from a 300pound 4 foot 9inch man.

Izzy

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Little
Be supportive. That's about as much as you can do. I have a lot of my friends in the armed forces.

God bless.

RevLegna

Contributor
Role
my (online) uncle told me if i ever join the army he'd disown me X3

either way i'd rather not join, but maybe it's a good time to have a chat with him, like grab some food with the guy and just talk, you might be able to talk him out of it if you really feel as though you should

Role
Adult Baby, Sissy
The US military (and most of the government for that matter) has a strict policy of not signing up people with mental disorders. If he has depression he most likely won't be getting in. And if they do let him in but find out he has depression later they'll probably discharge him or stick him in some desk job far away from any action.

RevLegna

Contributor
Role
The US military (and most of the government for that matter) has a strict policy of not signing up people with mental disorders. If he has depression he most likely won't be getting in. And if they do let him in but find out he has depression later they'll probably discharge him or stick him in some desk job far away from any action.
Really? my friend was bi polar and they didnt even notice that.
that and i dunno how easy it is to keep track of a guy like that if they keep him busy

MysteriousVisitor

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Some branches (army in peticular) are having problems reaching recruiting quotas. So, while the Army officially says that they don't accept recruits with x, y and z conditions, waivers are really easy to come by.

Status
Not open for further replies.