My first collar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
So, I took a plunge off the deep end and order my collar so I'd have it at my first con in February (TFF). I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas to get here. I check the mail box everyday looking for a package, and get a little sad seeing that it hasn't arrived yet.

I think I'm also going to have to order some more padding before the con as well.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Good for you! Will we get a pic when it arrives? Doesn't have to be a face pic, just the collar is fine.

B

BordercollieTrigger

I now have a new collar from a pet store with bones and paws and a tag saying "Timmy the Cub" on one side with paw print on other. Plus a leash similar to it with print of both paws and bones also and two bells now with four miniature bells on it. So overall I also have a collar and leash for only private events like furmeets.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Good for you! Will we get a pic when it arrives? Doesn't have to be a face pic, just the collar is fine.

Yeah, I think I can post a pic of it when I get it. It'll just be the collar tho.

I now have a new collar from a pet store with bones and paws and a tag saying "Timmy the Cub" on one side with paw print on other. Plus a leash similar to it with print of both paws and bones also and two bells now with four miniature bells on it. So overall I also have a collar and leash for only private events like furmeets.

Wow, cool. Did they make the tag for you at the pet store? I've thought about having a tag made. I know you can order them online. Not sure if I'm going to get one tho. Yeah, I don't have a leash for it. I don't know if I'll get one of those either. I think it was a big step for me to get the collar.

You got to lots of furmeets? I'm in a rural area, and have to travel pretty far just to be able to get to meet another cub.

B

BordercollieTrigger

Well I lately been to lots of furmeets in the city and i will be hungover tomorrow a bit. I had 7 glasses of wine at my sisters wedding and 14 glasses of water and juice while dancing for hours.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I remember enjoying my first collar. I haven't found one like it after my mother threw it away, and nowadays I'm not so much into them anymore. Still wish I had that soft pink collar though, it was cute! Would have reminded me of nostalgic times one day looking at it.

But yes I agree with Trevor! Pics!

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I remember my first collar -I still have it, it's my only collar- It's just a normal dog collar from the pet store, wish I had a custom one. I do have a custom dog tag though :)

What kind of collar did you order?

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer

I ordered one from the "Collar Factory". I'm hoping it'll be here any day now this week. I know the holiday (US Thanksgiving), might possibly delay it. But with any luck it'll be here before then.

caitianx

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
I remember my first collar -I still have it, it's my only collar- It's just a normal dog collar from the pet store, wish I had a custom one. I do have a custom dog tag though :)

Sometimes I wear my spiked dog collar.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Got a tracking number in an email today. It won't have information updated until tomorrow. But then at least I'll have an idea of when it'll be here.

AddyShadows

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Little
I ordered one from the "Collar Factory". I'm hoping it'll be here any day now this week. I know the holiday (US Thanksgiving), might possibly delay it. But with any luck it'll be here before then.

Ohhhh Collar Factory! Let me know if it's any good! I've been wanting to get one from there myself but I don't have the money to drop on something like that, lol.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I checked this morning, and it's supposed to be delivered on Friday. Just have to wait and see if it makes it that day. ...not sure if I'm going to have to sign for it or not...

I'm going to TFF to hopefully!

Hey, cool. Hopefully, we can say hi. I'll warn you I'm very shy, and don't really talk much in person until I get to know people. But that's cool you're going. Will it be your first con? It'll be my first one to go too. I'm pretty sure that I'll be able to go. Still not at 100% yet.

Ohhhh Collar Factory! Let me know if it's any good! I've been wanting to get one from there myself but I don't have the money to drop on something like that, lol.

I will. Yeah, I was hesitant to spend the money on it. But they were recommended by several people, that told me that I needed to get one. So, I'm guessing that if several people told me to go with them, that they must be pretty good. Everyone was saying that they are very comfortable to wear.

gigglemuffinz

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I bet you don't have to sign for it. It usually has to be a pretty expensive thing, I think. It seems that way to me anyway.

I know this feeling of impatience though, it's the same thing I feel when I order Strawberry Shortcake or Power Pack stuff off internet. Even though you are reasonable and understand that these things take a while, you still just feel bratty and pout that things aren't here right away when they totally should be because you're excited now!

Or maybe that's just me.

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I just heavily encouraged it. It was your choice all along.

OK, I correct my earlier statements. You didn't recommend them, you "heavily encouraged" it. I think that does sound a lot better. :smile1:

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
I just got my collar in the mail! I'm pretty happy. It's not exactly how I pictured it would be, but I still like it. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting another one at some point. Hopefully, I can save up the money and be able to get another one before I go to TFF. Just have to wait and see. But for anyone wanting to see a picture of it, here you go.

WIN_20141129_125003.jpg

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I just got my collar in the mail! I'm pretty happy. It's not exactly how I pictured it would be, but I still like it. In fact, I wouldn't mind getting another one at some point. Hopefully, I can save up the money and be able to get another one before I go to TFF. Just have to wait and see. But for anyone wanting to see a picture of it, here you go.

View attachment 22495

Neat! It looks very sturdy and well made. Now you just need a matching leash ;)

Mattew

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Neat! It looks very sturdy and well made. Now you just need a matching leash ;)

Thanks, Yeah, I think it's put together pretty good. I think I might want a black and orange one at some point.

Umm..that's a negative on the leash. It took quite a bit of convincing from a few different people that collars don't really mean anything, and are for fun. I had it in my head that they were for showing ownership. But I've been told that's what a tag on the collar is for. A leash would be for ownership, and I'm not into the bondage stuff, or the Master / Slave stuff. So I'll be passing on the whole leash thing. I like being in control of myself. It wouldn't be pretty for anyone that tried to put a leash on me.

But I have seen a few sites that make funny tags to put on collars. I might get one of those funny ones, or one with my own name one it.

Fruitkitty

ADISC Content Editor
Staff
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
Umm..that's a negative on the leash. It took quite a bit of convincing from a few different people that collars don't really mean anything, and are for fun. I had it in my head that they were for showing ownership. But I've been told that's what a tag on the collar is for. A leash would be for ownership, and I'm not into the bondage stuff, or the Master / Slave stuff. So I'll be passing on the whole leash thing. I like being in control of myself. It wouldn't be pretty for anyone that tried to put a leash on me.

Meh. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

The BDSM community tends to have a lot of rules, or at least commonly-held ideas, of what collars/tags/leashes are supposed to be and what they're supposed to mean. The furry community doesn't; your collar and associated items in the furry community means pretty much whatever you say it means.

Status
Not open for further replies.