MattiKins

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Carer
I've been babbying now seriously for maybe a year and a half, and in that time I've experimented with most of the dyders available out there. Abenas, Dry 24/7's, Tranquility ATN's, Bambinos of all kinds, ABU Cushies and SDK's, XP Medical's A+ Level 4, Snuggies, and Tena Slip Maxis are among the ones I've put to the test, but I'm here to announce what I think is the World Champion of Dips:

The Rearz Inspire.

First, let's get the main drawback out of the way- these are not cheap. However, they are in the ballpark for other premium diapers. They do make a printed diaper (Spoiled) which is a bit more expensive if you want, but that'll be another review. They ship from Canada, so the cheapest shipping rate for a case was $20 USD. Note, when ordering on their site, there's a currency conversion option on the upper left corner where you can see how much it costs in other currencies. Default display is in Canadian dollars. Also, when actually checking out, the price reverts to Canadian dollars, but I emailed them and they replied very swiftly that I would only be charged in US dollars.

So, let's start with the positives. How about that I emailed the company and asked a question and got a prompt reply within minutes? Yay! And after that, placing the order was simple and quick. I did it from my smartphone. I live in Eastern Pennsylvania, and the box was at my door in a week. I had updates on tracking every so often, and a week is more than reasonable to wait for an international order. I also got the feeling that if I had a question, I know I could send an e-mail and it would be read and responded to. This was my first time ordering a case of dips online, and I was hesitant because all I read were complaints about other companies, but Rearz took care of me nicely.

So, the diaper, how does it measure up?

I'll use the Abena L4 as a comparison diaper because most of us are familiar with them.

The Inspire has a slightly less-poofy padding than an L4 but only slightly. The padding is contoured in a similar hourglass fashion. I'm a size large with a 40" waist and pretty big hamhocks for legs, and the large accommodates my size nicely. The wings come around and secure nicely to just inside my pelvic bone area. I will say that if you're bigger through the midsection, then they may be harder to fasten yourself, but there is enough wingspan and landing strip to make it work for larger individuals. The rise is fairly high- just the way I like, coming right up to my navel. Perfect. In fact, I like how the top side of the diaper comes over my hip slightly, that does wonders at keeping the diaper up without me having to wear a belt or use a lot of extra tape.

The Inspire is plain white with no wetness indicator or racing stripes, and it is quite crinkly. You will notice this at home or in quiet spaces, but I was out shopping and it was perfectly inaudible under my street clothes. It's very comfortable, but not excessively bulky. It's enough to know you're padded and safe, but you don't have to walk like John Wayne.

I've tested the Inspire several ways- once overnight with no stuffer, and it held up well. No leaks at all, and I gave it two good soakings. It had room to spare for a third. The packaging boasts a whopping 4500mL capacity- that is 4.5 liters, well over a gallon, and I'm not so sure they're exaggerating. The standing leak guards are not as tall as an L4 or a Dry 24/7 but they are adequate. My plastic pants were barely wet from any residual seepage. The second test, I used a NorthShore Care 2X contoured booster pad which is the same as the XP Medical booster with the adhesive tape that holds the pad in place on the host diaper. I gave this one three good floodings and it didn't come close to leaking. If you want the bulky waddle experience, just add a stuffer to one of these and you can literally go all day.

The last test was as an active-wear dyder. As I mentioned, I did go shopping today and during my travels, I did my thing. The wicking on this diaper is so fast, it easily absorbed and distributed the wetness within seconds. It will swell the more you release into it but one good whizzing and it still maintains profile. Even standing up, it will wick the wetness towards the back.

This diaper literally defies gravity.

So far I've had no issues with clumping or sagging whatsoever. The Inspire holds its form even when close to maximum capacity.

The Inspire comes in packs of 12 or a case of 48. As someone who doesn't wear every day and usually, just to bed, this is a purchase that is definitely worthwhile. I have other dips kicking around too, so I don't have to just use these, but I like knowing I can go overnight, don't even need a stuffer, and the fit and security they provide are the best I've experienced thus far. The only drawback is the price and shipping, but again, that cost altogether is close to what you would pay for most premium dips. A small nitpick would be wishing they had an XL size for larger folks, because if I were, say, a 46-48 waist like I was a couple years ago I might find taping these on myself to be difficult.

Aside of that, I haven't experienced anything better yet.

Thanks for the review! I've wondering how those diapers actually performed and it is good to hear they are worth a try.

I think they're the best overall, I'm going to reorder soon.

Some have had issues with the tapes, but honestly, I haven't with these, and furthermore, everyone complains about the tapes on every diaper ever, so... that's why I always reinforce with clear duct tape.

I just sold myself on them all over again, I reordered, LOL!!

MattiKins said:
This diaper literally defies gravity.

You don't know what "literally" means. :tongueout:

P.S. Holy crap, these smilies are bad. If I find a really good, quality, flexible set of smilies, can I submit them as a suggestion to be used on these boards?

I know, but "literally" sounds better in sentence than "hyperbolic metaphor". :)

And yeah these smilies are so 17 years ago.

Nice review! :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Sounds like Canadians know how to do a diaper right

I hope to buy some myself when i get some exta cash

So, after writing this last week I talked myself into reordering another case.

I placed the order on Wednesday, and they arrived Tuesday afternoon.

This company sure knows how to keep customers happy!

I might have to try these, they sound pretty good.

How about some empirical numbers. Here's one. I put 3.0 liters into a medium one over night. These however do not hold 4500ml. As usual they don't give u numbers from someone actually wearing them.

I don't wear plastic pants. The diaper shouldn't leak. The 24/7's don't leak and neither do the bambino bellissimos. These diapers leak. Crappy leak guards as far as I can tell.

Although it can hold 3 liters they are NOT very reliable. I've had leaks at 1.3 liters. 3 liters is great but not when there is piss on my pants or bed sheets to go along with it. They leak more often than not. Both the Inspire and Spoiled have the same issue.

Unreliable.

Bellissimo and 24/7 may not have the capacity but a large Bellissimo can reliably take 2 liters laying down, and a lot more with a pad.

So I can't count on these. I'm not going to wear plastic pants because they randomly leak.

That's just my opinion. Everyone always wants to believe in the next super diaper but these still need some work. Good luck and fare warning.

P.s. Start weighing your diapers instead of just thinking they are great. You might be surprised at the number you get, or don't.

BouncyBoy said:
How about some empirical numbers. Here's one. I put 3.0 liters into a medium one over night. These however not hold 4500ml. As usual they don't give u numbers from someone actually wearing them.

Well, look, this isn't rocket surgery, Bouncy. I have found that "empirical" data when it comes to adult diapers is hard to come by for one glaring reason: Human beings are not mass-produced mannequins. We're different shapes and sizes and some products will fit better than others. We don't wet the same way, with the same velocity, or in the same position (standing, sitting, laying down, on side, on back, on stomach). There are too many variables and no way to possibly test all of them. In the end, most of us are going to buy a diaper based on what we've heard about them from others. I heard many good reviews of Rearz by people who used them, so that's why I chose them, well, one of the reasons. I'll go into some others below.

I don't wear plastic pants.

That's a personal preference. I usually do if I am in a place where I could potentially leak onto bedsheets or my pants while out and about. If I am just at home or at brother's house toddling around then no, I don't wear them, but 75% of the time I prefer them.

The diaper shouldn't leak.

And politicians shouldn't lie. But they do.

The 24/7's don't leak and neither do the bambino bellissimos.

I've had both of those leak on me before, in the case of the 24/7, on multiple occasions. That's why I didn't choose the 24/7. They don't fit right around my leg, and I always end up with damp clothing even with plastic pants. The Bambinos are always out of fucking stock. I do like the Bellis but when I went to order them a couple months ago they didn't have any XL's.

These diapers leak. Crappy leak guards as far as I c an tell.

I've gone through a case of the Inspire and I have yet to have one leak, and I've put a lot of liquid in them. On a good overnight, 2.5 to 3 floods and the inside of the plastic pants are barely humid. Again, it's all subjective. Perhaps it's the fit.

And, funny thing about leak guards, the XP Medical A+ Level 4 has no leak guards and I haven't had an issue with those leaking, ever.

Unreliable

I'm sorry that's been your experience. Hey, maybe they just don't fit right. It happens.

I'm not going to wear plastic pants because they randomly leak.

May I ask what kind you've tried?

That's jus my opinion. They still need some work. Good luck and fare warning.

Hey, they ALL need some work. I would like to see an XL size for the Rearz. I'd like to see Bambino keep more stuff in stock. I'd like to see 24/7's go back to their old style (which I never had an issue with). I'd like Snuggies to hold more and Unique Wellnesses not to split, and how about an Abena that doesn't have more stripes on it than a car out of The Fast & the Furious? In the end we all need to find the product that works best for us, and I'm sticking with Rearz until something better comes along.

No they really shouldn't leak, as often as they do, and I qualify this by the fact the the Bellissimo, Fabine Exclusiv, and Comfircare M10/L10's are all shaped IDENTICALLY. They are made on the same chinese machine, there can be no doubt. The amount they leak is not large, but they shouldn't be leaking after .5 liters of usage, or running down my leg. The Bellissimo will spot the bed once a week, but this Spoiled and Inspire are at least 5 times worse. The other 3 brands I mentioned never game me this kind of issue so I can't explain it to you. Perhaps I got some bad diapers.

To add insult to injury, the first 10 or so I tried worked great no leaks, and then it went all downhill from then on.

I don't wear plastic pants, I have nothing against them. What I meant to say is that I should not be have to wear plastic pants to make up for the fact the diaper can't handle a moderate pee without leaking, no matter how small the leak is. Although once it went right down my leg and it wasn't near capacity.

Beleive, I'm baffled. I have never suffered such inconsitency with any other brand.

I have tested and measured the following diapers for comparison.

Molicore Super Plus
Various Abena Styles
Conficare M10/L10
Fabine Exclusive
Bambino Bellissimo
XP Medical A4
Northshore Supply plastic and cloth
Drycare Conficare 24/7

They all were more consistent and leaked less up to their max capacity.

This is a new diaper, it's more liekly than not their could be issues starting out. I don't know what to make of it.

I just can't give it a recommendation until they work at least as good as the other 3 brands from the same machine.

If you like it, despite the fact, it did in fact leak into your plastic pants, and you do in fact weigh your diaper and experience some amazing performance, which I consider anything >= 2 liters laying down, then great. (nice run on sentence) Stick with it.

I can't recommend them as I can't figure out what the issue with them is but I'm not convinced it's fit.

I know others have written horror stories of tried and true diapers like the Bellissimo and Comficare etc., but now here I am, being one of those people, but these are not tried and true diapers.

BouncyBoy said:
No they really shouldn't leak, as often as they do

I hear ya, and if they leaked that much for you then no, I can't expect you to give them a glowing recommendation. I'm just saying I've yet to have that issue at all with the Rearz. If I did, I'd have been howling about it by now.

I qualify this by the fact the the Bellissimo, Fabine Exclusiv, and Comfircare M10/L10's are all shaped IDENTICALLY. They are made on the same chinese machine, there can be no doubt.

I'm doubting (just a little) because the Bellissimo is wider than the Inspire. I can't speak to the Fabines or Conficares but the Bellis are wider through the crotch. If you like I can do a side by side picture.

they shouldn't be leaking after .5 liters of usage, or running down my leg.

Absolutely, but you're the first person I've heard say that they leak like this.

To add insult to injury, the first 10 or so I tried worked great no leaks, and then it went all downhill from then on.

That sucks, did you write the company?

What I meant to say is that I should not be have to wear plastic pants to make up for the fact the diaper can't handle a moderate pee without leaking, no matter how small the leak is.

All diapers are imperfect at one point or another. When I am wearing in a place where I could leak or get sheets wet I always wear pastic pants just in case. I've had diapers that I never had a problem with spring a leak, or the plastic split somewhere, and I don't want to chance anything happening. You never know when you're going to be let down, so I just wear for precautionary purposes. 99% of the time my diapers hold, regardless of the brand.

Although once it went right down my leg and it wasn't near capacity.

That really sounds to me like a fit issue. May I suggest something? Next time you go to a department or hardware store, grab a roll of 3M transparent duct tape. Here's what I use, amd I will demonstrate on a Bellissimo since it will stand out a little more. Yes, this is me, and this is real-time, hehe.

Clear Tape.jpg

Now, whichever diaper you are wearing, this will only help. Again, this is precautionary, not necessary, but this is a great way to really bolt the diaper on and prevent leaks and loose fits.

1. Fasten your tapes as you normally would.

2. Take a piece of clear duct tape about 3-4" long and reinfoce the tape and fit of your diaper

Tape Size.jpg

3. I start with the lower tape area. See that loose flap that comes from the rear? Attach one end of the duct tape to it and rub it to agitate the adhesive, and then pull it horizontally across the front of your thigh area, underneath the diaper's lower tape. It may even overlap the original tape, that's fine.

Lower Tape.jpg

4. Do the same thing for the upper tape, going above the original tape. This one will probably overlap and again, that's fine. I will suck in my gut, pull the front panel towards my hip, and bring the tape towards my navel. This will easily cut out a lot of slack at the waistline and help the diaper stay up.

Upper Tape.jpg

5. Now, take a piece of tape and seal the gap between the upper and lower tapes along the vertical line. This will help contain leaks.

Vertical Tape.jpg

6. The beauty of clear duct tape is its strength and the ability to remain near-invisible. You really have to look closely to see that it's on there. They also make all kinds of printed character duct tape too.

Finished Tape.jpg

Again, totally optional but I wanted to make a diaper taping guide anyway, so this is a prototype for anyone to use.

This is a new diaper, it's more liekly than not their could be issues starting out.

Hmmm... I'm still wondering if it's a fit issue. Some dips just don't fit me right no matter what, and I really have to strap myself into them.

If you like it, despite the fact, it did in fact leak into your plastic pants, and you do in fact weigh your diaper and experience some amazing performance, which I consider anything >= 2 liters laying down, then great. (nice run on sentence) Stick with it.

No, it doesn't leak into my plastic pants. That's what I am saying. I've had one tape break off the back panel on one Rearz and that's it. Aside of hat, no leaks, no tears in the plastic, no clumping, no gel leaking out. They've given me the least amount of trouble of any diaper I've tried (the Bellis are a close second). And yes, overnights I easily put 2+ liters in them.

I can't recommend them as I can't figure out what the issue with them is but I'm not convinced it's fit.

Did you examine the defective product for faulty areas? I think that if you do, and you discover a flaw, document it and send it to Rearz so they can fix it.

I know others have written horror stories of tried and true diapers like the Bellissimo and Comficare etc., but now here I am, being one of those people, but these are not tried and true diapers.

No product will be universally satisfying. I can't say I've had a horror story about any premium diaper, just some I've liked more than others. Yours is the first encounter with a Rearz that I've read that wasn't good. I'm not trying to convince you to keep buying them if you don't like them, though. There's lots of other choices out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back