My desire to wear diapers is gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

MotoX

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Hey, haven't been here for awhile and probably won't be on much more but I wanted to post this here. I am what I would call, a former Diaper Lover. I had a desire for wearing diapers since.....well, ever since I can remember. Now I have done the whole purge thing so I know that this isn't it. I honestly have lost my desire for the whole diaper thing.

As a kid in high school, I searched and prayed for my desire to disappear but it never did. I got married, my wife knew about it, but didn't participate. I wore occasionally and always wanted diapers. Then about August of last year, I just didn't feel like it anymore. Didn't have the need or desire. I didn't care one way or the other. I mean, sure, if my wife asked me to wear a diaper right now, I would but it wouldn't mean anywhere near the same as it would've. I just have no need for it or real desire. To me, it would be just like if she asked me to shave my legs. I would do it for her but it does nothing for me.

Now, what changed? I'm not sure. I have noticed I focus more on my other sexual desire more, bondage, but even that isn't as strong as my diaper fetish once was. So I don't know what changed.

I just know that I hoped that someday it would disappear but everyone said it would never happen. That its a part of you and it always would be. All I am saying is, if you want it to be gone, it is possible. I don't know how except for saying, I prayed and worked at pleasing my wife and soon it just disappeared.

Just a disclaimer: By no means do I think you shouldn't accept being an ABDL. In fact, I had recently come to terms with it and finally quit wishing it away, all I wanted was peace and acceptance and instead of my wife just accepting it, those desires disappeared which gave me that peace and acceptance from my wife. Being an ABDL isn't bad or something you should "cure" or get rid of but if you honestly want to let that part of your life go, it is possible and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Biggest and best thing you can do is accept yourself for who you are and you can do whatever you want.

I am happy with how things worked for me. I don't want to have a diaper fetish. Sure, I enjoyed it and if I still had it, I would accept it but if I had my choice (I said my choice, not anyone else's), I would not have the fetish. It fits me much better being this way and I just want to let anyone who is like me know, there is hope at moving past this if you want.

If you want to ask me about it go ahead and post here or else pm me and I will try and check in every once in awhile to see if I can help. And again, I am by no means against the ABDL lifestyle, it just didn't fit me and I'm very happy I have moved past that. This isn't an argument about me moving on either. I know what the whole purge feeling is and this isn't it. I can guarantee it. This isn't to offend anyone, just to help those who really want to let go and give them hope and maybe, just maybe, I can help someone who does truly want to move on.

MotoX said:
Hey, haven't been here for awhile and probably won't be on much more but I wanted to post this here. I am what I would call, a former Diaper Lover. I had a desire for wearing diapers since.....well, ever since I can remember. Now I have done the whole purge thing so I know that this isn't it. I honestly have lost my desire for the whole diaper thing.

As a kid in high school, I searched and prayed for my desire to disappear but it never did. I got married, my wife knew about it, but didn't participate. I wore occasionally and always wanted diapers. Then about August of last year, I just didn't feel like it anymore. Didn't have the need or desire. I didn't care one way or the other. I mean, sure, if my wife asked me to wear a diaper right now, I would but it wouldn't mean anywhere near the same as it would've. I just have no need for it or real desire. To me, it would be just like if she asked me to shave my legs. I would do it for her but it does nothing for me.

Now, what changed? I'm not sure. I have noticed I focus more on my other sexual desire more, bondage, but even that isn't as strong as my diaper fetish once was. So I don't know what changed.

I just know that I hoped that someday it would disappear but everyone said it would never happen. That its a part of you and it always would be. All I am saying is, if you want it to be gone, it is possible. I don't know how except for saying, I prayed and worked at pleasing my wife and soon it just disappeared.

Just a disclaimer: By no means do I think you shouldn't accept being an ABDL. In fact, I had recently come to terms with it and finally quit wishing it away, all I wanted was peace and acceptance and instead of my wife just accepting it, those desires disappeared which gave me that peace and acceptance from my wife. Being an ABDL isn't bad or something you should "cure" or get rid of but if you honestly want to let that part of your life go, it is possible and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. Biggest and best thing you can do is accept yourself for who you are and you can do whatever you want.

I am happy with how things worked for me. I don't want to have a diaper fetish. Sure, I enjoyed it and if I still had it, I would accept it but if I had my choice (I said my choice, not anyone else's), I would not have the fetish. It fits me much better being this way and I just want to let anyone who is like me know, there is hope at moving past this if you want.

If you want to ask me about it go ahead and post here or else pm me and I will try and check in every once in awhile to see if I can help. And again, I am by no means against the ABDL lifestyle, it just didn't fit me and I'm very happy I have moved past that. This isn't an argument about me moving on either. I know what the whole purge feeling is and this isn't it. I can guarantee it. This isn't to offend anyone, just to help those who really want to let go and give them hope and maybe, just maybe, I can help someone who does truly want to move on.

It's not gone. You're 24. If you were 78, and had been diaper free for 60+ years then I'd say it was gone. Right now I'd just say it's taken a back burner. Believe me these desires don't just 'go away'. No matter how hard you pray, or to what God you pray too. It doesn't just disappear, it's literally hardwired into your sex drive.

And you know what else? If it really did 'go away', why did you feel the need to come back here and validate that it was gone? I'm serious. I'm extremely confused on why you came here to tell us that you 'beat' being an AB/DL.

I don't mean to come across condescending or rude, but I just am baffled at this post.

Last edited:
Sort of agree with SnowBlitz. You're 24, dude. After reading your response I was expecting your age to say something past 45, but ... you're 24. I myself have gone through years of not even thinking about diapers. It happened between the age of 9-13 and again from 18 to about 22. But it never, ever goes away completely. You've got plenty of distractions at this point - establishing a home life with a caring wife and probably lots more to keep you busy and your mind off it. But I guarantee you it'll be back when your transitioning ends and things settle/slow down :biggrin:

1) You are at a young age so there's no way you will lose interest just like that, while it disappeared, it will come back sooner or later...I've read threads here that people kicked AB out of their lives but it swam back to them like geese. It's something you can't get rid off unless you become older and older, then you start to lose interest slightly...until it grows more and more till you are sick of it and then just maybe, that's no longer a thing. Diapers are powerful so they are definitely going to stick with you. Do they fade away? Sometimes, Permanently? Nope.

2) Your sentence,

"I am happy with how things worked for me. I don't want to have a diaper fetish. Sure, I enjoyed it and if I still had it, I would accept it but if I had my choice (I said my choice, not anyone else's), I would not have the fetish. "

If your happy, that's fine, no one here is going to make you back into a DL again, it's just going to fade away and come back at a random time. You could be eating at a restaurant and ask the waitress what you want for dinner and out of nowhere you could say this,

"Can I have the Pork Loin stake and could I get some DIAPERS with that- Oh sh*t..."

Probably not this dramatic but you see my point I hope :p

3) There was a user here called "Reword" who shared his experience about kicking ABDL out of his life and he keeps claiming he succeeded and he said it came back but is trying to encourage us how to kick it out of our lives, don't do what this dude did because the majority of us love our true selves, others here loathe it but the others love about it because it helps us calm in realms we could never reach, helped us with our jobs, helped out in relationships, etc. The only bad thing about it is if you live with family and they found out and are not understanding, I made a thread about it here if you wish to learn more about it: http://www.adisc.org/forum/showthread.php/91629-Why-tell?p=1260228#post1260228

You are at an easy start so why don't you give it time before you truly decide on what you did and how you did it. This could take months or even years before your 100% sure it's gone because it could show up tomorrow or show up within 25 years from now.

TL;DR it never goes away 100%, wait awhile before you absolutely know it's gone.

Last edited:
Not meaning to discourage you or anything, but I've gotta pile on with everyone else.

Sexual interests and fetishes are rarely constant. It's possible you've completely and permanently lost interest in this, but I'd bet money it'll come back. Personally the diaper thing is largely on and off with me, not because I have any real problem with it, but because I find myself getting more into pure bondage or other fetishes (from my arm length list).

As others have said, it's only only on the back burner for now. You've never specified how long "a while" is. I'm not trying to put you on a pedestal for you being wrong (I'm not saying you are) . People have gone years without wearing to have urges return. Are you suppressing signs or urges and dismissing them with disgust? Have you not have one thought about diapers?

Also don't take this the wrong way, but don't say you've been cured. For us, it's almost like being gay... You just don't have urges anymore, you're not going to just forget. You're going through phases of guilt, purges, and denial.

Back to what others have said, come back in a few years and say that your desires are have never returned without suppression and denial.

I also wish you can succeed. I hope everything works out for you. I encourage you to give us updates on your professional.

MotoX said:

I've experienced something very similar, as I've written about previously. I think it was stress of going back to university combined with suddenly feeling old. There was a lot that went into it, actually, and I don't think I can tell it with the same clarity now that I did then. I'd ask you to go have a look at my contemporary writings. I suspect you might find something within with which you identify.

Here I am almost three years on from when that all started. I am only now feeling mostly back to something like my ol' self vis-a-vis ABDL desires. Something I've come to realize, something a wise person told me back then when I was writing with similar concerns as you do now, is that life happens. Life gets in the way. Life comes up on us, tackles us, and gives us a noogie. Life occasionally overwhelms us. My hypothesis at the time was that, "When I get right to it, I actually have a lot on my proverbial plate right now, and on several levels at that. I now find myself wondering if my present lack of ABDL desires is some sort of internal defense mechanism, that my psyche is shutting down "non-essential" components/systems to make resources available for me to address the more pressing (and adult) challenges in my life. Maybe for me, instead of needing diapers and ABDL stuff to cope, it's the exact opposite, that ABDL desires are actually a drain or distraction during stressful times."

And I believe that more now than I did then. I think that we as humans have desires that are not likely to completely vanish. Sometimes, things get in the way. Sometimes, things overwhelm us and we need to attend to them. Sometimes, we just don't have enough in us to indulge all of our desires, let alone attend to our normal affairs.

And that's ok. I think people get too hung up on trying to get away from things. I'm glad it's working out for you now, but I suspect that in time, you'll be in a different place in life and some of those old interests might come back. Never say never, as it were.

At any rate, I think you're largely holding out false hope if you advise people can lose it forever.

Reactions: Charlie
When I was a young father, most of my desires went away. I was focused on so many things, mostly job and family. The feelings eventually came back, but I do entertain the idea that some may lose the desires. Who's to say. I think the important thing here is that you are happy and comfortable however you feel.

Sometimes AB/DL comes and goes for some people. It has nothing to do with a binge and purge cycle, some people are really like that where they lose interest in it and then it comes back so they are into it again. It also seems common in parents who are AB/DL after they have a baby and they lose their desires for a while and then it comes back.

I'm a big fan of the "distraction theory of habit-kicking" that others have described. In other words, we temporarily stop doing a thing because we're busy doing or thinking about another thing. Without meaning to, I took a months-long break from my DL side early in my freshman year of college. Why? Well, it might have had something to do with living away from home, making new friends, meeting a girl, being introduced to sex (that was probably a biggie!), etc. Once things settled down a bit, old habits, hobbies, and all sorts of things started popping back up -- including the pursuit of diaperness, for better or worse.

I've read the previous comments and I'm sure they are probably not what you are wanting to hear. I'm not gonna go on about theories or anything but I will say that quitting this is probably in the same league as quitting cigarrettes. Will power is the key. Good luck but don't feel bad if you return. We all know what we are and we're here for each other :smile1:

I'm gonna step away from the bandwagon and say congratulations!

I don't know if it's going to stick and I'm sure you don't either but I'm very glad that you accepter yourself as an ABDL and I'm very glad that those desires have subsided for you.

This is a support forum and I know we all have mountains of theory's that it can't be done but maybe we should all stop and think that while his desires MAY come back, he's not being rude or negative about ABDLs he is actually being very polite about this unlike some "I beat the desire" threads.

Maybe there's someone out there who doesn't want to be this way and maybe what you said about accepting it regardless of whether or not you want it can help that person.

My personal opinions aside, kudos to you and I would be very interested to know if this is a permanent change for you.

I don't think anything is impossible in life and I greatly apriciate your stance on accepting yourself.

Good luck to you, and to anyone else who may be reading this and hoping they can beat it to.
Love yourself first and foremost and good luck.

Reactions: Deleted member 44078
I think it's very possible to stop having the desires of wearing diapers. I say so because no one knows what even causes it in the first place, the main reason being that there is no noticeable common factors in play. That very well means the reasoning can be somewhat different for each person.

Just as an example, let's say someone finds comfort in wearing diapers but later on in their life they find something to replace that comfort. There is no reason to think this is impossible.

I don't think the desire to wear diapers or be an AB/Little ever really goes away. Mine continues to wax and wane, and although in my younger years I quite often thought it was gone altogether, it's always come back after a while. I suppose there are, as with any lifestyle and/or kink, a few people who do tire of it for good, but with ABDL, those numbers seem to be very low - largely, I would guess, because ABDL is so deeply ingrained for many of us. It's also a pleasurable thing, and naturally, we as human beings seek pleasure, happiness and fulfilment...and for some of us, we go looking for it at the bottom of a diaper.

Without trying to seem surly, I also don't really understand the purpose of this type of thread.

- Is it to try and 'teach' other ABDLs that they can one day conquer their desires (desires which many of us wouldn't want to be rid of!)?.
- Is it an attempt to convince yourself that your DL tendencies really have gone forever?
- Or is it even a boast about how you've moved beyond relying on Little things?

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but no good seems to come from these kinds of threads...

Sanch said:
I don't think the desire to wear diapers or be an AB/Little ever really goes away. Mine continues to wax and wane, and although in my younger years I quite often thought it was gone altogether, it's always come back after a while. I suppose there are, as with any lifestyle and/or kink, a few people who do tire of it for good, but with ABDL, those numbers seem to be very low - largely, I would guess, because ABDL is so deeply ingrained for many of us. It's also a pleasurable thing, and naturally, we as human beings seek pleasure, happiness and fulfilment...and for some of us, we go looking for it at the bottom of a diaper.

Without trying to seem surly, I also don't really understand the purpose of this type of thread.

- Is it to try and 'teach' other ABDLs that they can one day conquer their desires (desires which many of us wouldn't want to be rid of!)?.
- Is it an attempt to convince yourself that your DL tendencies really have gone forever?
- Or is it even a boast about how you've moved beyond relying on Little things?

Perhaps I'm being harsh, but no good seems to come from these kinds of threads...

The one time it really felt gone for me, it just happened. I wasn't trying to squelch it and in much the same way that I don't know why I really like this, I didn't know why I didn't anymore. By that time, I was grudgingly accepting, in that I believed it wasn't going anywhere and that it wasn't intrinsically bad but I still would have preferred it gone. It was an interesting three months and of course it came back. It felt like the natural order had reasserted itself, even if that wasn't so great. These days, I think I might miss it more if it were to suddenly vanish for a while but I suppose I'd make do.

If we could just take threads like this as the tiny statistical blips they are, it would be better. So many of us have such dread and angst about our desires that I think these blips loom much larger than they should due to desperation. Maybe one of us in 100 to 1,000 will lose the interest for good for some reason. If that's better for them, great. I still think the smart money in the cost benefit analysis is to work on being okay with it, because it is a harmless, fun kink and it's simply better to be accepting of such things in yourself and others.

Perhaps I can offer something of a different color.

Many posters will state adjunct experiences or conjunctive notions but such responses are coming from a first-hand experience with inent to correlate or align a common-case scenario. Your experience may be something different and perhaps in a totally different way. Your description and post is indicitive of this. Not all fetishes/kinks are intricately engrained in each case. Some are perhaps a temporary building block or coping mechanism. Only the sub-psyce or subconsciousness are obstacles here. The wiring within our persona are not readily understandable but in time can provide the proper balance needed for moving on or forward.

I have learned to despise the 'trap' sentiment stating: Deep buried tendencies are lifelong. They are commonly proven but are not the rule.

Do what you need to do. Definitions are rubbish.

Hey motox,

I'll take the high road and say CONGRADULATIONS!. I'm 62 and never been able to shake it - ever. It's said that it can be overcome by turning your desires in another direction and after a while your focus moves to that desire.
Speaking from experience, the longer you dwell on the dl thing, the greater grip it will have on you. They also say that a good thing to do to overcome it is to focus only negative thoughts on your dl interests.
You say that you now have interest in the bondage scene. At least that's better accepted in our society. If your wife has the same interests (and really does) enjoy bondage with her and never look back. An undivided relationship will definitely improve the chances of beating the dl thing. If it raises it's ugly head again it no doubt be when you're in a stressful situation. That's when the genie comes out of the bottle. Unfortunately I've never been able to keep the little sucker in his bottle....

I would agree with other posters to your post

MotoX said:

I am twice your age and more and believe me it does not just go away like that I have researched into this phenomenon and yes it may go on the back burner as one poster put it but then when you are on the (to coin a nautical phrase On the flow ) your desires " will come back " I have never heard of anyone beating this desire to wear Diapers and Plastic pants etc; or the whole baby thing!it is just a theory of mine but It could be a part of Obsessive compulsive Disorder . but I am not a medical professional psychiatrists say it is a paraphilia /.a fetish for inanimate objects.

sapphire said:
I am twice your age and more and believe me it does not just go away like that I have researched into this phenomenon and yes it may go on the back burner as one poster put it but then when you are on the (to coin a nautical phrase On the flow ) your desires " will come back " I have never heard of anyone beating this desire to wear Diapers and Plastic pants etc; or the whole baby thing!it is just a theory of mine but It could be a part of Obsessive compulsive Disorder . but I am not a medical professional psychiatrists say it is a paraphilia /.a fetish for inanimate objects.

Well it's not impossible to ditch the desires. Just incredibly unlikely.

Hey everyone. So the majority say there is no way its gone forever. If that's the case, then that's alright. I guess I'll do a quick post to try and clarify a few things.

Number 1: Why did I post this?

Well, I have been on another forum working on my sex life with my wife. I have been working through a lot of my problems (no being an ABDL is not a problem) and some of these things have caused me to reflect on my sex life. I have a porn addiction. Now you may or may not think this is bad but for me, its a problem and something I am working on. Reason I got hooked on porn was I found some ABDL porn in high school in for me, it was the only acceptance and outlet for my desires at the time. I was soon hooked on it. Now, that isn't a reason to quit being an ABDL, it would be like saying a beer commercial caused me to be an alcoholic and I have to quit watching TV. Makes no sense.

But when I was thinking about high school, I realized I had looked EVERYWHERE for someone who had moved past the fetish. I looked and looked and I never found anyone who actually had done so. I needed some ray of hope that I could move on and everywhere I looked had people like the majority on here, everyone said there is no way you can move on. Hearing that didn't help me accept who I was, it caused me to fall deeper into a porn addiction and feel that much more alone. I couldn't accept myself.

I want to give myself hope. I want to be the person I was looking for to someone else. I know there is a kid out there who is just like I was, needing hope that you can move past this. That is why I posted here.

Number 2: This is just a purge cycle or you just haven't thought about it. Its all denial.

I would disagree. I'm not saying this is permanent but at the moment, I honestly have no desire. I have pondered this quite a few times. I have gone through purge cycles and this isn't the same thing. I am not denying myself the thoughts of wearing diapers or anything of the sort. I just don't find it attractive. Its not that I think its unattractive but it just does nothing for me right now.

Number 3: Why do I feel the need to get rid of a diaper fetish?

I don't. To be honest, if there is a kid out there reading this, I think acceptance is the best thing. If you can accept that part of you, that is the best thing you can do. There is no reason to change who you are. I actually came to terms with my fetish and didn't really care if it stayed or disappeared. I am happy its gone because I didn't have an outlet for it but by no means do I think being an ABDL is bad. I had come to accept that part of me but it honestly has disappeared. If it shows up tomorrow, I won't be upset or angry because I think being an ABDL is just fine. All I am saying is that in my situation, its much easier to not have an ABDL fetish than to have one. I am more sexually satisfied and I don't have this urge to have diapers a part of my sex life. Its easier for me and I am happier because of it.

Number 4: You can't get rid of a fetish.

Why? You can change anything you want to change. If I want, I can become a vegan tomorrow. If I want, I can learn how to enjoy public speaking. If I want, I can become Buddist. If I want, I can become pessimistic. If I want, I can learn French. I can do whatever I put my mind too. I honestly can get rid of a fetish. Now, did I permanently get rid of it? I have no idea and never will. I could have it show up tomorrow, I could got 40 years without it showing up and it may come back up but for right now, my desires for this fetish are gone, that's all I'm saying.

I can't stress this enough. I am not against the fetish. I am not saying people should quit this fetish. I am not saying we shouldn't accept it. All I am trying to say it there is a possibility to move on and leave the desires behind. Even if this is temporary, the desires are gone right now. For me, this is best. This makes me happiest. It doesn't mean being an ABDL made me unhappy but my sexual desires were always unfulfilled until now. Now, my desires are being met and I am happy. I don't have a "12 Step Process to Quit a Fetish," I'm just saying its possible and I just want to give hope to those who do really want to move on. This isn't meaning to be offensive to those who do accept themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back