BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
My Crib.

IMG_20140329_173455.jpgIMG_20140329_174535.jpgIMG_20140329_173558.jpg

Well what can I say about this? Since coming out to my GF, I've for the first time been able to more fully explore my AB side. I'm not really sure what it means that I want to sleep in my crib. Maybe other people can tell me why they like it, if that's what they do to. My Therapist says it has something to do with my nervous system, feeling safe in a compact space. Good enough reason for me :)

I don't like the mock up adult baby cribs. I like the real deal. I'm sure that's not everyone's preference, I just like the real thing when it can be made to work. I don't try to make baby diapers work and prefer Belissimos, so there are exceptions to that.

Why this crib? It's 26 years old, it's the style from when I was young. It has sliding rails on both sides. It has really strong squared hook hardware that hasn't broken with me sleeping in it for 3 weeks. I love the way it creeks when I move around in it. It has a 5 or 6 inch thick mattress which actually feels quite comfortable. I love the way the metal frame flexes under me. It doesn't bend though, and I'm quite sizable. I beleive the hooks force it straight so it only flexes so much an doesn't collapse.

The style was also quite convenient. You can see I removed a couple fo the wooden bars at the bottom. Presto, extra foot room (for when I need it), but I usually just sleep in the fetal position all cuddled up.

I don't usually spend the entire night in it. At night my GF tells me to go in and tucks me in and gets me comfortable. Usually at some point in the night I'll get out and go back to the big bed. I have slept in it completely overnight a few times, but I feel more "little" at night and seems as it gets towards morning I'm feeling more adult and I go back to keep my woman warm.

Sometime it's just great to lay in it afterwork and browse the internet. Very stress releiving, once I reliazed it wouldn't break (the first one did).

The first crib didn't have as good of hardware. The hooks were rounded and not square. The tunnels that the hooks go into on the mattress were actually upside down and they seperated after a week of use. Actually we got a little silly and mom climbed in with me (in the first crib) one night and we fell asleep in each other arms. That being said, the next night the hardware fell part. She felt very bad about this. She's so sweet. So we found another. Only $75. We aren't going to push our luck with this one and none of the hardware has deformed thus far. I definitely learned a lot about which hardware is strudy on these things :)

How do I sleep? Great. Usually on my side for obvious reasons. I push my back up against the bars so I can feel them. The encloses space if very soothing. For the first time in my life I feel like I have a little cacoon I can climb into and keep the whole world out. Peaceful.

-BouncyBoy

Last edited:

bn3baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I like your crib the brown colour is nicer than the white of mine. I didn't make any changes to mine and I sleep in it every night. Don't think I could sleep on a big bed any more.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Those older drop side cribs were much better constructed. We still have a similar Jenny Lind crib purchased for our first child back in 1985. Niice layout you have inside your crib...looks nice and cozy. I know what you mean about wanting the real deal when it comes to baby furnishings.

~Pramrider

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Extremely jealous right now. Love the setup, I have one as soon as I get my own place again.

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
I like your crib the brown colour is nicer than the white of mine. I didn't make any changes to mine and I sleep in it every night. Don't think I could sleep on a big bed any more.

I though I read in another post that you are 5'6". Must be nice. I'm 6 foot but I still sleep well.

bn3baby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
I though I read in another post that you are 5'6". Must be nice. I'm 6 foot but I still sleep well.

One of my modeling friends was just here and he 6'4" wow do I feel short.

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
One of my modeling friends was just here and he 6'4" wow do I feel short.

Makes me feel short too :)

BTW, seen the stuff you modify, really awesome. I'll have to post about some of my creations sometime. Ceiling has a hook or two in it ;-)

-BouncyBoy

Babica

Owner: Babica Products Ltd.
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
IMAG0363.jpg

Here is a pic of me, lying in my adult-sized crib. It is perfect-sized, the spindles are nice and thick, and the sides come up to my shoulders when I stand in it. I love this crib, it has changed my life. I get so much peace and serenity sleeping in it. The best part about it is that it completely dismantles in about 15 minutes, and stores under my bed. I wouldn't be able to have a crib unless I could take it apart and hide it when company comes. This crib has allowed me to FULLY embrace toddlerhood, while keeping my adult life running smoothly. Don't underestimate cribs, they are magical for people like us :)

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
View attachment 20429

Here is a pic of me, lying in my adult-sized crib. It is perfect-sized, the spindles are nice and thick, and the sides come up to my shoulders when I stand in it. I love this crib, it has changed my life. I get so much peace and serenity sleeping in it. The best part about it is that it completely dismantles in about 15 minutes, and stores under my bed. I wouldn't be able to have a crib unless I could take it apart and hide it when company comes. This crib has allowed me to FULLY embrace toddlerhood, while keeping my adult life running smoothly. Don't underestimate cribs, they are magical for people like us :)

That's an awesome crib. I can see how it would make you feel good. For me I like a creeky old baby crib not designed for me, yet somehow holds my weight lovingly and closely. I think I could try a big boy crib someday :)

-BouncyBoy

Tyger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
View attachment 20429

I need to find an easy solution like that, i'd love to have a crib, but i'm not in a situation where i can just have one stored in the open, i would have to put it away easily.

Babica

Owner: Babica Products Ltd.
Company Rep
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Yeah, I am in the same boat...I need to be able to have a crib big enough to sleep in, but portable enough to fold away... this design is perfect, it's like making a crib out of lego :yes:

wetatnight

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Incontinent
what's the biggest size and weight range of a real baby crib?
I'm 5'7 and over 200 lbs

BouncyBoy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
what's the biggest size and weight range of a real baby crib?
I'm 5'7 and over 200 lbs

That depends on the construction of the crib. Look at the hook on my pics. If you go with hanging style, you want square hooks, not curved ones (which bend). Otherwise you can get the style that is just metal brackets that screw into the side of the crib, that should be strong too. I learned the hard way, broke my first one, the hardware was not as solid as the one I have now.

Get something around 20 or more years old. I'm 6 foot and 250 pounds and this thing wobbles and creeks but does not break, although honestly I feel I might be at the reasonable limit. Maybe others can chime in. I check the hardware regularly and it's been solid. I think you should be able to find something.

I you go to a big retailer and you get one of those solid wood cribs, I think you wouldnt have an issue. Ikea is a no go, they are very flimsy, broke one of those. I personally prefer the old ones with the sliding sides so I go onto the local classifieds. There is usually no shortage of them.

-BouncyBoy

Status
Not open for further replies.