Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
:smile1:

I made a decision...

I am going to get my GED, go to college and get my bachelors degree in law enforcement and become a police officer. 40,000+ a year, how can I go wrong with that :) ( and thats just the starting pay.. )
I want to be out there and make the world a better place by putting criminals in their place, keep the streets safe and free of crime.

Hey, I got a free ride to college and money coming in until I'm 23... :) why not... do what I like.

What are your thoughts, and what do you want to do?

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I would say, go for it. Law enforcement is a very honorable profession, and it takes a very special person to do it. We have police officers at our school, one at a time of course, and I've liked every one of them. Even though no one likes to get stopped for speeding, etc. they keep us from hurting ourselves, and hurting others. When there's a domestic dispute, they risk their lives trying to bring some peace into people's lives. They are the unsung heroes of our society.

dinorider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I would say, go for it. Law enforcement is a very honorable profession, and it takes a very special person to do it. We have police officers at our school, one at a time of course, and I've liked every one of them. Even though no one likes to get stopped for speeding, etc. they keep us from hurting ourselves, and hurting others. When there's a domestic dispute, they risk their lives trying to bring some peace into people's lives. They are the unsung heroes of our society.

What he said. Seriously, I've got nothing to add. Go for it!

Entity

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
It seems that you have everything to win, but a lot to lose. Be careful, and stay out of trouble. Just doing that will guarantee your success. Those who biff it usually do it in college and drugs and alcohol almost always have something to do with it.

Gingy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
My grandpa was a police officer after he got back from WWII. He was on a motorcycle for a long time, then my grandma asked his boss to reassign him (didn't want him getting hurt) so he worked on a police boat for a while... Then died of lung cancer at 50 (smoker)

S

secretdl26

That sounds like a very good idea. I have a few friends (who are 18,19, and 20) who are all interested in law enforcement. The older two have started classes and really enjoy the program. This a fairly secure job as well, as long as you keep your morals about you.

Kovy

is back, baby!
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
  3. Carer
That's actually a very noble thought. As long as the motive is good, police officers are good and needed to keep the peace. Me, I want to be a play-by-play hockey television broadcaster (You know, the person that follows a team and talks what the players do. The voices you hear on highlight reels.). I have no idea how much the pay is, but honestly it's not a factor. I imagine it's good pay, but the reason I want that job is because it's my passion. I want to have a job I love, and this would be it.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Nice. I thought about becoming a police officer too a couple of years ago. Not for the job or the pay, but for the excitement. Then I decided to pursue a career in radio broadcasting, which is close enough.

BromeTeks

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
I personally wouldn't go for it myself, but the only thing there is a lack of interest. If you find it interesting, then by all means, it's a great career. My dad worked with the department of corrections as a probation/parole officer for some time. Now, he's a lawyer and a teacher. You can go far in the law field.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I don't think you need a bachelor's degree to become a police officer. And depending on your major you should be able to make a lot more than 40,000 USD/yr after work experience.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
I'm getting the degree because I have to. Its going to be a good thing. If I get the degree, I will be getting paid by the Gov't until I am 23. And my college is PAID. I got a Pell Grant. I start in August.

Mitsukuni

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Diaperfur
  4. Sissy
I wanted to be a police officer for the longest time. Then I decided that Nursing would be a better choice for me and my personality. I'm already taking High School classes for it. You've gotta make sure you pick a job you'll like, since you'll have to do it most of your life.
Good luck!

F

Falkio

Interesting choice. You picked an honorable career. My family is going to let me join the Army after college for the life experience. I hope you get to do exciting things. Would you consider becoming a SWAT officer? I believe you need a certain number of years on the force, plus be selected, and receive special training. That would be a dream job. In general, you need an associate degree to serve in law enforcement. Congratulations on the Pell Grant by the way! I hope it helps you achieve your goals.

Good luck!

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Awesome!

I've seriously considered becoming a police officer myself, but I've always been put off by the fact that you need no (formal) qualifications for the position, which seems like a waste because I'm so good at getting qualifications. :p
No jobs at the moment though...

Be a good police officer though; whenever I think of American cops I picture arrogant, controlling, angry racists. But I suppose only bad news crosses the pond.

Status
Not open for further replies.