My boss just asked me if I was an adult baby

Status
Not open for further replies.

Penny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
I bought a new bottle on my break and when I went to get something it fell out of my locker. She picks it up, hands it to me and gives me this look like "I know whats going on."

Then she started asking if I knew what an adult baby was and I was like yeah. She asked me some questions about the lifestyle, what they do, why they do it that kind of thing and then just out of nowhere she asked me if I am one.

I stated at her for a moment and was like "......yes......" she smiles at me, pats my shoulder and is like "that makes sense." and just walks off,

This is the same woman who bought me the tinker bell doll for Christmas.

Lol I have no idea what to think right now.

S

Speck

"that makes sense"

Lol, what are you supposed to make of that?

She might be one herself, should ask her. XD

kikee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
last year, my boss Candy blurted out in the middle of a staff meeting with coworkers, "Hey, are You still going to that big diaper party down south with all of those gay men ? - Because You need to put in a leave request if You want to get paid." - There was some chuckling until i began to glare angrily.

My policy is not to discuss personal privacy information with people at the workplace, regardless how they may try to "bait" me into a discussion. - I respond to "cutesy" casual remarks by simply saying, "We're NOT going there, young Lady.", if i respond at all.

I will consider the other violations of privacy, like forcing into the bathroom or staff shower, patting me on the butt, or pulling up my shirt from my pants to "peek", to be "sexual harrassment". - I am amazed that i had to SAY that to both my Executive boss Candy, the Director of Personnel, and the Personnel manager who said to me, "You have to understand that this is a female dominated organization, so try to be more careful and discreet. - Don't make me warn You again."

One of those incidents actually involved the police, and the female employee was dismissed. - So, it isn't always "cute".

santa22

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
You must have been so nervous during this time. but thats not the reaction i would have expected

secretlynappied89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
heck if i were u and if u r not scared of ur boss then i would say u want to talk to her privately and ask her how she knows what adult babies are and also see if she is a mommy.

secretlynappied89

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Little
  5. Incontinent
well how can she be a daddy when u can clearly see that penny said " This is the same woman who bought me the tinker bell doll for Christmas."

S

Speck

well how can she be a daddy when u can clearly see that penny said " This is the same woman who bought me the tinker bell doll for Christmas."

When it comes to role-play, females can be daddies just as much as males can be mommies. You also have to factor in whether or not that person is tomboyish, lesbian, gay, if the community they are in have a shortage of female or male, etc. I've seen this a lot. :|

kikee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
i suppose that in the age of gender neutrality, that makes no difference, except that it falsely presumes that all "DLs" or "ABs" want "daddies" or "mommies" ? - LOL

Seriously, Penny, You really need to find out why She approached You this way, and whether or not that involved some other violation of Your personal privacy.
I am hoping that She will be intelligent enough to realize the impact of Her privacy transgression against You ? - If not, You need to make Her aware.

What would You say if She had been openly interrogating You about any other personal items found in Your locker ?
Like, "Its really none of Your business." ?

scoo

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Incontinent
Well...that's odd. I would have denied it if I was one of course.

bean

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
It's hard to have a real understanding without knowing the context of your relationship with your boss. But based on what you have told us, this sounds really cool! :) Reading it made me smile. It doesn't seem like her reaction was negative or judgmental or anything, and she didn't try to out you in front of co-workers or anything either. I'll second Note in saying that asking her if she is an adult baby, or why she knows about them might bring an interesting response. Of course you may also wait and see if you get another Christmas gift from her in a few weeks. If she gave you a tinker bell doll last time, who knows what it might be this time o_0

bean

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Seriously, Penny, You really need to find out why She approached You this way, and whether or not that involved some other violation of Your personal privacy.
[/I] ?

I agree that care should be taken in this situation, but we also don't know the previous history of nature of this relationship. For someone who actually knows what an AB is, if they see a close friend who happens to have a baby bottle, without another reason to have one, and who also happens to like things like tinker bell, then it is not a huge leap to ask them if they are familiar with Adult Babies.

Again, we don't know the specifics of the situation, if Penny is worried that her boss could use this information against her, then she should take precautionary measures. But, if they are good friends with a trusting relationship, then there doesn't seem to be too much to worry about.

B

BordercollieTrigger

i dont think it violets rights if she thought it was acceptable. I would love having that happen.

kikee

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
bean - i suppose that what You are saying is well and good, however this is the workplace, and the boss's behavior is completely inappropriate.

What would You think the boss were a male, and said, "I know all about You." - It fits the classic definition of unwanted workplace sexual harrassment, and even worse so that the person is in a position of supervision over a subordinate.

Penny needs to make Her employer, or boss, aware of that issue in a polite way.

Nanako

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
heck if i were u and if u r not scared of ur boss then i would say u want to talk to her privately and ask her how she knows what adult babies are and also see if she is a mommy.

What good does this do? Penny said in her first post that she doesn't even know what to think, so that's a bit inappropriate. I don't really think anything can come of it, realistically, if she even wants anything to happen with her boss at all.

People can identify as whatever they want to, though. The titles of "Daddy" or "Mommy" aren't synonymous with gender anymore.

i dont think it violets rights if she thought it was acceptable. I would love having that happen.

Not trying to sound mean, but this isn't a fantasy scenario. Not everyone likes feeling outed in real life, and her bosses confrontation was unwarranted.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I have to agree with kikee. Things like this should never be discussed at the workplace, especially with the sexual harassment laws which are in place. Penny, I think you should have answered her differently, saying you never discuss your personal life at the workplace. When I worked at my middle school, I tried to stay very aloof and above anything that wasn't completely professional. Of course, at a public school, one should always do that.

I think what will be important here is what happens next. If your boss drops it and never says anything else, then it slips into the murky past, but if she brings it up again, you have some big choices to make based on how uncomfortable you are with this. One has to wonder if she isn't hitting on you in some manner?

Penny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Okay first off my boss and I are very close, I confide in her a lot and we talk all the time about Litteraly everything.

She heard about adult babies through the show taboo, that Stanley guy and she wanted to know if they were all like that. Like her big question was "do the do it ALL THE TIME??" I told her no, it's like a hobby, there are some who do it as much as possible but they work, they have family's and they have normal lives, it's just an aspect of those lives.

She didn't out me but I think she said that makes sense because I'm very childish. I laugh too loud, I have an Elmo back pack instead of a purse and I give people toys as gifts. She knows I'm into Barbies ad stuffed animals and all that.

Where I work the dynamic is strange, were not coworkers, we're family. We confide in one another, we look out for one another and we all get a long really well. It's very strange but were all very close.

- - - Updated - - -

That being said to me, there was no violation of privacy. My boss isn't my boss she's like a mom to me. She's had my back for as long as I've worked there and if there was even a chance I thought that she would react badly I wouldn't have told her.

- - - Updated - - -

Also everyone in that store talks to everyone else about their personal life. We trust each other and in the 3 years I've been there that trust has never been violated.

Trust me I'm smart I wouldn't just go telling anyone and I honestly trust the people I work with more than I trust anyone else.

I don't even date anyone unless my coworkers approve of them and usually they're right haha

- - - Updated - - -

Also she wasn't hitting on me. She's a 60 year old married woman with a crooked sense of humor, I think she was just teasing and I decided to be honest.

But it wasn't a bad conversation, she seemed legitimately curious about it and it don't come off as malicious or anything at all.

I know for a fact an I would bet my soul that she wouldn't tell anyone and honestly i don't really care of anyone finds out, I'm not ashamed and some of my coworkers are into way worse things that they've told me all about.

LilByte

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Nice, I'm still laughing about the "that makes sense." *walks off*. Hope everything goes well.

Status
Not open for further replies.