Borkd

Eh, close enough. Kubuntu actually. KDE owns the known universe. :soapbox:

Just trying to weed out us cool people :laugh:

I hope you like oatmeal raisin...

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Weed out the cool people? No need to. They are all 'ere.

You got:
Avery, Dash, Kevinjte, Monkey, Charlie F, Martin, Moo, Peachy, Kraiden, Spirit, Mandi, Yamonth, Kite, Ecplise etc etc etc

Everyone is cool here.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
*prefers Gnome over KDE*

Yea I knew what that was from.

Yay, I'm cool.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Yeah, ubuntu symbol + KDE colors / gears = kubuntu symbol. Anyway, I have to go with KDE myself. Though, I'm using Arch right now.

Moo

ADISC Admin
Staff
Role
Private
I was going to guess KDE at first... but then I saw the ubuntu logo behind it.

B

Borkd

I would think the concentration of Linux enlightened people here is statistically impossible. Any reason?

Cool beans. Although as far as distros go, Gentoo owns the known universe :soapbox:

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Dunno. I've been using Linux as my primary OS for about 4 years now. It seems though that *ubuntu is doing a good job at bringing Linux to the masses. My first distro was Slack. I love slack, but it's a pain to keep up to date.

Sawaa

Est. Contributor
Role
Sissy
I'm not really a fan of Gentoo - it's a perfect example of a diminishing return.
Is the extra 0.002 nanoseconds of performance boost when you load an app worth the fact that it takes 12 hours to install/update that same app?

I just dunno..

Also
Gnome is love.

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
Dear The Future,

As I type this from the ergonomically-perfect keyboard of my Commodore 64, I wonder exactly how it can be possible that computing could get any easier in the near future. I've got such a wide array of input devices (like my blazing-fast tape drive, a port for cartridges both wide and small in the back of the keyboard, and even my 5.25'' drives) with which to process information, and I don't think the speedy processing ability could get any better! With just a simple command line (Load "*",8,1, anyone?), I can access my favorite games, budgeting programs, and other essential applications as soon as I start up the computer! Storage could never be easier, too -- I can save at least four-hundred fully-programmed computer games on just one disk! Wow!

The graphics capabilities are outstanding. Why would I ever need to update when I've got 16 - 256 vivid and realistic colors bursting out of the screen at me?

We've also got this newfangled thing called The Internet. You just hook it up to your computer through your telephone line, and you can have access to all of your stocks, as well as great bulletin boards (like this one) and updaded programs with wildly fast download times! It took me just four days to download the most recent version of my daughter's favorite game, "Horsetrack Hootenany", and she couldn't be happier!

So, Future, before you consider unleashing upon the world new processing power, new computer specifications, new mediums of input, and new operating systems (Vista? OSX? Ubuntu? I've never heard of them), please remember the Commodore 64 users who truly know what real computing is all about!

THE FUTURE IN COMPUTING IS NOW!

It's affordable, too!

For all you Mac users!

Last edited:

Dash

Est. Contributor
Role
Private

You got:
Avery, Dash, Kevinjte, Monkey, Charlie F, Martin, Moo, Peachy, Kraiden, Spirit, Mandi, Yamonth, Kite, Ecplise etc etc etc

Everyone is cool here.

*hugs mickal* you forgot yourself :D

So like... since i'm cool... and even though would have taken me 5 days to work out it was a take on the Ubuntu logo.... can i have a cookie anyways? :p

B

Borkd

So like... since i'm cool... and even though would have taken me 5 days to work out it was a take on the Ubuntu logo.... can i have a cookie anyways? :p
Why yes, yes you can :) Everyone can get a cookie.

<rant>
Most people run Gentoo, not because of the "slight performance increase", but because Portage is a darn smart and flexible package system (Debian pkg is great too), and as a developer having the required dev and header files installed automatically makes everything 10000% times easier. Plus it's a cool trick to have your OS boot up in 6 seconds :D
</rant>

Monkey

Banned
Role
Adult Baby
You got:
I've wired the money to your account.

Role
Diaper Lover, Babyfur, Carer, Other
Gonna re-rail the thread here, while still a noob to Linux, I like Gnome better then KDE, hopefully when I get better acquainted with the command line I'm going to switch to Arch. But all my computers now run on Ubuntu(what better way to learn then full emersion eh?.....well that and vista is devil spawn.....)

Anywho....I like gnome ;)

B

Borkd

Gonna re-rail the thread here, while still a noob to Linux, I like Gnome better then KDE, hopefully when I get better acquainted with the command line I'm going to switch to Arch. But all my computers now run on Ubuntu(what better way to learn then full emersion eh?.....well that and vista is devil spawn.....)

Anywho....I like gnome ;)
I like Gnome too, but Gnome's philosophy is to simplify, and have sane defaults, so everything works well out of the box. But if you want to really change how something works, even slightly, good luck. KDE allows you to configure practically anything, and it takes some tinkering to get things the way you want. A lot like Gentoo, so it's a perfect match for my experience. I like Arch too, it's really clean. I used Slackware for a *long* time, and the approaches to both are similar.

And yes, Vista is the spawn of Satan.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Little
Hmm, I never had that problem, and I change EVERYTHING. Well, maybe it's just that I'm ok with spending a lot of time doing it.

Role
Diaper Lover, Carer

You got:

Everyone is cool here.
Awww :eek: ... :hug5: thanks! Your a cool guy yourself!

As for the logo, never seen it in my entire life to my knowledge.

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
RAWR!!!:hugattack: I always put my self last but let my friends be first.

I've wired the money to your account.
Excellent! When will it be in? :p

Awww :eek: ... :hug5: thanks! Your a cool guy yourself!
YAY! More Hugs!

I didn't! Yey for being not cool =D
Your cool too. I just didn't want to add like 200-300 odd members. Besides that was from the top of my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.