My Animal/Dinosaur Photography Corner

Maned Wolf.png
Hello everyone! 😃

I hope ya'll had a safe and fun start of the New Year! 😊

For the next few weeks, I'll be showcasing photos of my newest additions to my animal/dinosaur family of photography.

So, sit back, relax, and enjoy the newest arrivals! 😀

We start off with this picture of a Maned Wolf prowling the brush. Do you think it's hunting; or simply taking a stroll?

Reactions: LonelyKitty, neophyte, perlFerret and 2 others

Cobra.png
Hi everyone! Hope ya'll had a great week! 😊

Here to present another photo to start your week off!

This one shows a cobra raising its hood to scare an intruder off. One snake you definitely do not want to mess with.

Reactions: LonelyKitty, perlFerret and ade
Yeah. Desperately hoping that's not my back yard!

• Haha
Reactions: GoodniteLover219
Tasmanian Devil.png
Good morning ya'll!

Hope ya'll had a great week!

Here to present your next creature feature for this week. :)

This one shows a Tasmanian Devil showing its ferocity. Could it be another Devil; or a by standard?

Reactions: LonelyKitty and ade
GoodniteLover219 said:
View attachment 48681
Good morning ya'll!

Hope ya'll had a great week!

Here to present your next creature feature for this week. :)

This one shows a Tasmanian Devil showing its ferocity. Could it be another Devil; or a by standard?
I love seeing your pictures, they brighten my week

Bby said:
I love seeing your pictures, they brighten my week
I'm so happy to hear they are! 😊

The Tasmanian devil (Sarcophilus harrisii) is a carnivorous marsupial of the family Dasyuridae. It was once native to mainland Australia and in modern times was found in the wild only on the island state of Tasmania. It has now been reintroduced to New South Wales with a small breeding population.[3] The size of a small dog, the Tasmanian devil became the largest carnivorous marsupial in the world, following the extinction of the thylacine in 1936. It is related to quolls, and distantly related to the thylacine.

Nice to know that Australia allows immigrants like this little guy into their country. Here in the US we'd probably lock him up in a cage.

Anyway....I thoroughly enjoy your Sunday pictures.

Wow, that's really cool.

Leopard.png
Good morning all! 😊

I hoped ya'll had a great, wonderful week!

To put a great start of your week, here's this week's animal photo showcase!

In this one, a leopard snarls with anger as his exploration through a swamp is suddenly interrupt. What could be angering him? Another leopard? Or something else?

Reactions: LonelyKitty, perlFerret and ade
GoodniteLover219 said:
What could be angering him? Another leopard? Or something else?
A taxi-driver's seat cover???
Or Kate Moss???
🤪

• Haha
Reactions: dogboy and GoodniteLover219
Looks like he's ready to pounce on today's lunch.

Great Horned Owl.png
Good afternoon everyone!

I do apologize for this coming out later than normal. 😅 Had a very busy morning!

But it's not too late and here I am to present this week's photo.

I should warn that it's not as good as the last photos as this was my first time trying to take a photo after dark. So, if it's not good I do apologize and hope to do better next time. But anyway, let's get on with it. :)

For this week's photo we see a Great Horned Owl about to grab its prey.

Reactions: LonelyKitty, perlFerret, ade and 1 other person
I think that's really good, like he's flying from a tree at night to pounce on some poor unsuspecting mouse. Sadly, it was Minnie Mouse. Mickey was never the same, abandoning Disney World and living the life of a recluse.

• Haha
Oh man, I had all those exact dinosaurs as a kid! All in a box somewhere at my dad’s now... I was obsessed with collecting them! Great pictures!

Lumosillustrati said:
Oh man, I had all those exact dinosaurs as a kid! All in a box somewhere at my dad’s now... I was obsessed with collecting them! Great pictures!
I know right? They were definitely the sweetest models ever made in my opinion. 😊

GoodniteLover219 said:
this was my first time trying to take a photo after dark.
Must've been a hoot 😂
How much did the owl cost; was it going cheap?😂
I'd better stop or you'll be talon me off 🤣

We've had/got a few owls 'round here: the ones that hoot in the distance and creepy ones that chirp overhead, unseen against the night sky.
And what would've, could've, should've been a good photo passed me by, a while ago, as one such 'creepy' owl was perched on a streetlamp in the middle of the night and in my field of view, but I only noticed it when it took off and flew down the street. 🥴
Anyway, it was big 🦉

Last edited:
  • Love
ade said:
Must've been a hoot 😂
How much did the owl cost; was it going cheap?😂
I'd better stop or you'll be talon me off 🤣

We've had/got a few owls 'round here: the ones that hoot in the distance and creepy ones that chirp overhead, unseen against the night sky.
And what would've, could've, should've been a good photo passed me by, a while ago, as one such 'creepy' owl was perched on a streetlamp in the middle of the night and in my field of view, but I only noticed it when it took off and flew down the street. 🥴
Anyway, it was big 🦉

Oh my God!!! He must be put down!

dogboy said:
Oh my God!!! He must be put down!
Ah, but am I owling in pain or with laughter? 🤪

A bit of a hijack of the thread, but as a compensatory measure for my utterly splendid puns, here's an old funny pic that I dug up and cropped:
2011_1102a0038 (1)~2.jpg

• Haha
I like the horse's expression, clearly the one with more sense. Of course, horses are known for their horse sense.

• Haha
Reactions: ade and GoodniteLover219
Back