My Animal/Dinosaur Photography Corner

Dilophosaurus Couple.png
Hello everyone! Long time no see! 😊

I do apologize for not visiting a lot; but this past week has been extremely busy for me. 😅 But I do hope all of you out there are safe and well!

Anyway, I'm back presenting to ya'll this week photo showcase! Hope ya'll like it! 🙂

In this one, a pair of Dilophosaurus seem to be having a spat over something. What could they be feuding about? You decide.

• Love
Reactions: perlFerret, Deleted member 59082, neophyte and 2 others
Awesome! Been waiting for your next; it's become a thing 🌞

• Love
Reactions: perlFerret and GoodniteLover219
Ah....America's answer to the Allosaurus. These two need a time out until they can respect each others boundaries. Clearly this started out with a discussion about politics at the Thanksgiving dinner. For shame!

• Haha
Reactions: GoodniteLover219
It could almost be Dino Danny and Sandy Saurus at the end of Summer Nights, "but, oh, those sum-mer ni-ights!" with, if you look closely in the background, The Skink Ladies and the The Pre-birds chirping in, "tell me more, tell me more, tell me more"

• Haha
White Alligator.png
Morning everyone! 😀 Hope ya'll are having a great start of the week!

It's time for this week's photo showcase!

I would like to note that I know I've posted this picture already; but that was on another separate thread and before I decided to make another for my showcase, so I apologize if this is a repeat. 😅 But I hope ya'll enjoy it anyway.

In this week's photo we get a "closeup" of an American Alligator! The most unique thing about this one is that's it's colored white. Perhaps a rare find?

Reactions: perlFerret, Deleted member 59082, Aby and 1 other person
So we saw this alligator later?

dogboy said:
So we saw this alligator later?
No, earlier, on Pangean Idol; I think his first name was Barry or something (it's so long ago that I can't remember properly 😁)
You can tell from the photo that he's in middle of singing, You're the first, My last, My everything.
Or, Crocdile Rock:
Laah, la-la, la-la, laah,
La-la, la-la, laah 🤪

Last edited:
  • Haha
Saltasaurus.png
Good afternoon everyone!

First, let me apologize for this coming later than usual. 😅 I know I normally post early in the day but I had some computing troubles and couldn't upload this in my normal time. So, hope ya'll can forgive me for that.

But anyway, here is this week's photo! Hope ya'll like it! 😊

In this one, we see a lone Saltasaurus trotting through the open. Hope there are no predators around.

Reactions: perlFerret, Deleted member 59082, ade and 2 others
GoodniteLover219 said:
Hope there are no predators around.
I was scouring the background for an ambush predator 😁
Nice lighting, btw 👍🏻

• Love
Small among sauropods, though still heavy by the standards of modern creatures, Saltasaurus was characterized by a short neck and stubby limbs. It was the first genus of sauropod known to possess armour of bony plates embedded in its skin. Such small bony plates, called osteoderms, have since been found on other titanosaurids.

Saltasaurus are delicious when properly cooked and yes, you want to use a lot of salt. Just ask Tyrantosaurus.

• Haha
Reactions: pdiapered
ade said:

Poor Tyrannosaurus Trump with those tiny useless hands...uh...I mean claws. And to think, the creature will soon be extinct. Now, he just stinks.

Maisaura.png
Morning everyone! Hope ya'll had a safe and great weekend!

Here's kicking your week off with another photo session!

In this one, we see a mother Maiasaura caring for her young in their nest. Isn't she just the best mother? :)

Reactions: pdiapered, Deleted member 59082, LonelyKitty and 4 others
Maiasaura (from the Greek "μαία" and the feminine form of Latin saurus, meaning "good mother reptile" or "good mother lizard") is a large herbivorous hadrosaurid ("duck-billed") dinosaur genus that lived in the area currently covered by the state of Montana in the Upper Cretaceous Period (mid to late Campanian),

We will have to remember her on Mothers' Day!

Reactions: perlFerret and GoodniteLover219
Zebra Foal.png
Hello everyone! 😀

Here to start your week off with this week's newest photo showcase! And for the spirit of holidays around the corner (While I sadly do not have any Christmas themed creatures yet) I'd thought I'd present this one on a high note. Hope ya'll love it anyway. 😊

In this week's special photo, we see a playful zebra foal galloping while his parents are nearby.

This one is possibly my most favorite and prized photo- because of how it came out. 😊 Really love the sunlight effect!

Reactions: Deleted member 59082, LonelyKitty, perlFerret and 2 others
"Honey, we're not lying when we tell you not to play with the lions. But hay, it could be worse. You could be a horse!"

• Haha
GoodniteLover219 said:
This one is possibly my most favorite and prized photo- because of how it came out. 😊 Really love the sunlight effect!
Yeah, I love light aberrations and flares, but only when they're natural.
A little tip for heavily backlit subjects, though, is to use 'fill in' flash or, better, reflected light from a surface to help distinguish their features. One of my favourite spots for my selfies is our backyard because, in the afternoon and evening, I can make use of the sunlight reflected off the brickwork and windows of the house.
Given the size of your subjects, you could use a simple sheet of A4 paper to reflect light upon your subjects. Angling the reflector and coloured reflectors to suit, make for a whole new effect.

As ever, though, loving your photos 😁

Last edited:
Reactions: perlFerret, Aby and GoodniteLover219
ade said:
Yeah, I love light aberrations and flares, but only when they're natural.
A little tip for heavily backlit subjects, though, is to use 'fill in' flash or, better, reflected light from a surface to help distinguish their features. One of my favourite spots for my selfies is our backyard because, in the afternoon and evening, I can make use of the sunlight reflected off the brickwork and windows of the house.
Given the size of your subjects, you could use a simple sheet of A4 paper to reflect light upon your subjects. Angling the reflector and coloured reflectors to suit, make for a whole new effect.

As ever, though, loving your photos 😁
Thanks for the tips! 😃 Will certainly put them in consideration for when I take more soon!

Bison.png
Good morning everyone! 😀

I pray that ya'll had a safe and wonderful holiday this year! :giggle:

With Christmas now gone for another whole year, what better to begin the New Year than with another photo session? So, let's get right into it! 😃

This week's photo shows a pair of male Bison as they are attempting to duel. Could they be fighting for leader rights; or is this a training session for the future once they depart?

Reactions: pdiapered, perlFerret, Deleted member 59082 and 1 other person
They're probably fighting for the TV remote. You know how that goes!

Back