Musicians

Status
Not open for further replies.

ILoveDora

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
yes... though I haven't written anything in years due to not really having any motivation :(

I've done a lot of cover songs, though

CrinklesTheBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I myself am a piano player, organist, guitarist, drummer, percussionist, saxophone player, banjo player, harmonica player, and I sing.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm a degreed classical musician, organ, keyboard, voice and conducting. At one time I was the back up accompanist to Cleveland Orchestra Chorus under Dr. Robert Page. I've played concerts all over and have been played on Public Radio, WVTF. I also played in a very good cover rock band for 15 years. I've played for as many as 20,000 at The Garlic Festival in central Virginia. Presently, I'm a Methodist Minister of Music.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I had several years of classical guitar when I was a teen (though I really wanted to play either folk or rock and roll). I also took a smattering of trumpet lessons (my grandfather was a trumpet player and gave me his instrument) and even some accordion. At much insistence I got my parents to invest in a old lowery organ (they had a piano my mom and sister played). I self taught on that (it came with a self-instruction course). In college, I made the transition to a piano...I bought an old used Fender Rhodes. Later I got into synthesizers, having a DX-7 and some Roland stuff and then working on computer generated stuff using Gigastudio. I finally bought a Disclavier grand piano (DC5) and that's what I primarily play now.

The only public performance I've made is in church. I was the third string backup for service music when they were really desperate though I played a few specials (memorial service, as the music director was not a big organ fan, most service music was piano) and did some coffee house benefits at the church.

Is that the garlic festival at the Rebec winery? I've been to that winery but I've never managed to make the festival.

Cottontail

Sailing, sailing, ...
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Sissy
During high school and into college, I worked as a wedding musician. In this capacity, I was an oboist. I was also in marching band as a Sousaphone-ist throughout college. Never have been a football fan, but I loved doing halftime shows. Since college, my music hobby has diminished quite a bit. I have dabbled in composition and created a few of my own trance pieces using Garage Band and other software. I'd love to get an Electribe sometime. Those look like a blast.

MetalMann

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always wanted to learn how to play some instruments, I played baritone and tuba in school. I never really gotten a chance to pick up I anything, life is so full of work.

FeekaDimension

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Little
My mom's passion is music, so I grew up with a lot of music in the house. As a result I can play piano by ear. I also know how to play alto sax and I like fiddling with old-world flutes (recorders).

I prefer writing music electronically though... that way I can compose a whole symphony without worrying about finding an orchestra to play it!

CrinklesTheBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
I myself am a one man band. After playing in a certain band I was in, I got sick and tired of being poked fun of, the drinking, and the weed smoking at rehearsals. The other band members, even though it was my band, wouldn't listen to a thing I was trying to say, so I quit.

I already had a Yamaha keyboard with a built-in sequencer. So one day for fun I started to learn to play drums on the keyboard. Since was already a piano/keyboard player, I had a firm grasp on bass too. I just stuck it all together and learn to build songs. Oddly enough, it just started out as fun, sequencing that is. One day it just clicked and I was just like, "I know all these songs, and I know how to sequence. Why don't I just become my own band?" So I wou l would let the keyboard play the accompanying tracks while I played guitar and sang. And it all just ballooned from there.

Before too long, I bought a better keyboard and was still doing on board sequenced tracks. Then after a few years I got a professional keyboard with a nice sequencer in it. I would store the songs on a thumb drive via the keyboard's USB port. It was taking much too long to load songs and that method became very time consuming. So I bought a 24 track Tascam digital recorder. That allowed me all kinds I f new flexibility. Now I could start adding back up vocals and real instrument parts such as sax, tambourine, bass, and rhythm guitar. So now my tracks started sounding like a real band playing versus canned music. This also allowed me to better catalog my music. After I get so many songs completed, I put them onto a CD which in turn I put into my desktop computer and into my iTunes library. Then from my iTunes library I can load the stuff into my iPad. It's time consuming yes, but very organized. I create playlists on my iPad such as 50's, 60's, 70's, Blues, and so on and so forth.

Diapered Rabbit

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I’ve always had a passion for music

I’ve always had a passion for music. Now I am a player, collector, restorer, builder and inventor of instruments.
I am a true multi-instrumentalist.

Guitar, (4-6-7-8-11 and12 string, Acoustic and Electric, Baritone and Bass), Chapman Stick, Portuguese guitarra, Russian Balalaika, Mandolin (4-5-8 and 12 string, Acoustic and Electric, Octave, Mando-cello, Nickel Plated Brass Resonator and Banjo-mandolin), Banjos: (5 string, Tenor , Ukulele: (Tenor, Baritone and Dobro-Uke, Banjo-uke), Cuban Tres (Acoustic and Electric), Baglama Saz (Acoustic and Electric), Oud, Dobro and Lap Steels, Zithers, Bowed Psaltery, Swedish Kantele, Hammered and Dulcimers (Appalachian Mountain Dulcimer, Swedish Hummel, German Scheitholt, Norwegian Langeliek, Washburn RO5 Minstrel Dulcimer), Ozark Mouth Bow, Jews Harp, Spoons and other Misc. Percussion, Woodwinds: (Fipple flutes: Recorders, Irish Penny Whistles, Native American Flutes, Ocarina and Pan Flutes), (Flutes: Bamboo, Glass and Ceramic Flutes, Fife, Bb and A and Bass Clarinet, Soprano, Alto, C-Melody, Tenor, Bamboo Alto, Yamaha and Casio Midi Saxophones. Double Reed: (Bagpipe Chanter), Chromatic and Diatonic Harmonicas, Diatonic Irish and Cajun Button Accordions.

Although I consider myself a acoustic guitarist and mandolin player (my primary instrument is the Mandolin and all instruments in the mandolin family: fretted plectrum instruments tuned in fifths), I am a true multi-instrumentalist. I own and play plethora of plectrum instruments, as well as, most of the (Primative, Baroque and Modern) woodwinds and harmonicas.

I own restore and play harmonicas both diatonic and chromatic. I am a good blues harpist and have an extensive collection of Hohner, Yamaha and Lee Oscar harps. I also collect, restore and perform through vintage crystal microphones and tube amps. I own several Shure, Turner and Astatic JT-30’s, as well as, beavy of tube amps: Pre-60’s (class A and class AB), Silvertone, Supro, and Gibson Amps from 6 to 100 watts. Post 1960: Garnet, Supro, Fender, Traynor, KMD, Peavey. Hammond, Vox

My father, in his young life was an accomplished jazz drummer and prior to and after WWII was a Big Band drummer. Although life got in his way (raising his family, working as an administrator for one of the largest military bases in the Northwest Fort Lewis/McCord, and serving as commanding officer in the Washington National Guard), he had a passion for music.
Dixieland Jazz was his most beloved and imparted his love for instrumental music, mostly by steering my older brothers and me into embracing and learning particular instruments. My older brothers started with drums and brass instruments. When he was old enough to start school band ( forth grade in my elementary school) Dad bought my middle brother a silver jazz trumpet with a copper bell. I was in first grade and remember just holding and longing to own and learn an instrument of my own.

From the time I was very little, I received a musical gift on each birthday from my parents. Of course, one was a Hohner Harmonica, another an English ceramic ocarina, another a set of percussion spoons. While my dad listened to Big Band, Jazz and Dixieland Jazz, (with me on his lap) he would have me listen for specific instruments. It was pretty magical, kind of like wearing the choosing hat at Hogwarts school. While listening to some of the greatest Big Band and Dixieland Clarinet Players: (Pete Fountain, Woody Herman, Artie Shaw, Benny Goodman, Barney Bigard) my dad saw me playng woodwinds starting with the Clarinet and moving to the Sax. He said that he would love to hear me play the curved silver soprano sax.

More than 30 years later, I have amassed/acquired a collection of pre-1930’s Buescher Silver Jazz saxophones: an Alto, C-Melody and a Tenor. I won a professional Model Yamaha Straight Soprano (Brass). I still hope to add a Silver Curved Buescher Soprano, as well as a Baritone and Sopranino saxophone to my collection.

Bought my first acoustic guitar (A MEXICAN 12 STRING PURCHASED A SMALL SHOP IN TIJUANA, MEXICO IN 1969.

Bought my first acoustic 8-string mandolin after I heard my first Seals and Crofts song on the radio.

Current building projects:

Triple-neck 6-7 and 8 string console lap steel built on a maple slab with highly figured Maple burl overlay.

Brazilian Rosewood Acoustic/Electric 8 string Mandocello (Guitar Grand Dreadnaught Cutaway Shaped).

Mahogany and highly figured AAAA Sitka Spruce Top Octave Mandolin (also Guitar Grand Dreadnaught Shaped only non cutaway).

Sapele Mahogany and solid sitka spruce Tenor (4-string) Guitar.
Carved arch-top Jazz Maple Tenor Guitar with custom ebony tailpiece

Brass Resonator (Dobro) 6- string

5 string acoustic/electric mandola build on a carved freeformed on a locally sourced/ harvested highly-figured Pacific Madrone Burl with an acoustic piezo bridge and two diagonally placed lipstick (danelectro) pickups with blender preamp and Stereo and Low-Z output.

8 String Baritone Lapsteel, Redwood burl top.

Six string Baritone Blues electric lap steel “The Heater” built on a vintage box steel space heater with a vintage aluminium contractors level as the fret board. 2 Seymour Hot-rail Pickups with amp built into the box and speaker output jack to another 1920’s Art Deco metal space heater (with great rusted and caroded patina) that looks a lot like an old Drive-in movie window speaker) retrofitted with a 10” Weber Bulldog speaker.

Short scale 19” Wine box guitar with Fishman Pickup and pre-amp tuned as a soprano guitar octave-high 6 string

A Jack Daniels Tin Presentation Box with Gibson Humbuckers and a gibson scale 3 on a side neck with a Brass Jack Daniels Medallion inlaid into the head stock. Small amp built inside another Jack Daniels Bottle Box. Jack Daniels bottle caps used on all dials on amp and guitar.

Yet to begin construction:

Hurdy gurdy built on an acoustic cello body

Stand up ½ size acoustic electric bass built on cello body

Various “CBG’s” Cigar Box, Tin Cookie Box, Oil/Gas Can, etc. guitars, banjos

CrinklesTheBunny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Jeez. That post was long enough. Forgive me for saying this, but that seemed to be bragging a lot.

willnotwill

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I have lots of other instruments that I am in various levels of familiarity with in addition to the guitar, banjo, synths, and piano. I owned a pipe organ for a while.
I also have a violin (left over from my daughter), a bass (which I've loaned out). I also own three accordions (more than any person needs), and countless harmonicas (mostly Hohner golden memory in various keys, but a few Lee Oskars in alternative tunings, a chromatic, a couple of trems/echos, and a bass). I also have some random percussion: afuche, vibraslap, flexatone, some native american stuff, and a digerido.

My goal is to set up a music room so that any body who shows up who can play something can jam.

Hubche

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm a vocalist, bassist, I play the ukulele, and a guitarist, and I'm looking at learning how to play the trumpet and piano, although I mostly play for myself rather than others

Meowstic

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
God, I feel so boring right now... I don't really play anything. But congratulations OP for choosing your own path.
But I think this should go into Off-Topic, since Forum Fun is more for games and stuff. :)

egor

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I abused trumpet and tuba in grade school. About twelve years ago I bought two Indian Love flutes, and have learned the penta-scale. I am now attempting to learn the classical octo-scale, but got so use to not moving the third finger, I keep messing up the b, d and c notes.

ClandestineWing

Gomamon Supreme(ly diapered)
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
I abused trumpet and tuba in grade school. About twelve years ago I bought two Indian Love flutes, and have learned the penta-scale. I am now attempting to learn the classical octo-scale, but got so use to not moving the third finger, I keep messing up the b, d and c notes.

A friend of mine said that he learned finger independence by practicing the vulcan salute and other variations of it. But in general, the ring finger can be really hard to train; especially with trills.

Status
Not open for further replies.