Musical intrests?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
It's one of my favorite ways to make friends. :)

I'll name a few of mine; post some of yours! :)
Any kind of music is cool!

:)

My favorite band is From First To Last. My second favorite is Muse, and my third favorite is Fall Out Boy (say what you will :))

I also love Alkaline Trio, Avenged Sevenfold, AFI, blessthefall, Bloodhound Gang, Forever The Sickest Kids, Rage Against The Machine, The Sleeping, Children 18:3, Blink 182, Gym Class Heroes, Mindless Self Indulgence, Beastie Boys, Nevershoutnever!, Chiodos, and a ton more. =p

What are your jams? :D

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Diaperfur
You know mine already. Don't ask me such a question. *trots off*

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
I like: Sum 41, Elton John, Bon Jovi, Electric Light Orchestra, Foo Fighters, Coldplay, Tom Petty, Seether, Nickelback, The Beatles, Queen, Van Halen, Blink 182, My Chemical Romance, U2, and Oasis. Those are just my personal favorites. I like practically any rock song from the '70s to the '90s.

Nicky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
1. Pink Floyd
2. Dave Matthews Band
3. Led Zeppelin
4. Bob Marley & The Wailers
5. State Radio

Liz Lil Secret

Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Sugarland

Matchbox 20

Heart

Pink Floyd

The Styx

3 Doors Down

Eric Clapton

Linkin Park

Johnny Cash

The Eagles

And sooooooo many more.... I love music, breathe music....

S

Secret

I think we already had a topic like this before, but whatever I guess.

Well for me its two words "EVERY GENRE"

Lowie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
  4. Diaperfur
  5. Carer
Some of my music interests: T.I, Slim Thug, 50 Cent, Rich Boy, The Cardigans, New Radicals, Hatebreed, Dethklok, DJ Khaled, P. Diddy, Tupac, Notorious B.I.G, Rise Against, Green Day, Surfaris, Yuzo Koshiro, Ludacris, Beach Boys, Point Blank, Don Omar, Juelz Santana, Cypress Hill, Incubus, The Game, Metallica, Hush, Rock n' Roll Soldiers, Maniacal Plan, Moby, Kayne West, Guns N' Roses, Grandmaster Flash, Stevie Wonder, Chamillionare, Young Jeezy, Twisted Sister, Belly, Sugar Ray, 311, Jay-Z, Rage Against The Machine, Dr. Dre, Dre, Lil' Wayne, Snoop Dog, Dick Dale, Grits, Nelly, Rolling Stones, Xzibit, Priestess, Beastie Boys, Shop Boyz, Dirty Heads, Nine Black Alps, Sly Boogy, Bob Marley, Bubba Sparxxx, Afroman, DMX, DJ Scooter, Jim Jones, DJ Unk, MIMS, Chevelle, Akon, Eminem, , Enya, Rick Ross, Rammstien, Paul Oakenfold, Green Tuxedo, Pearl Jam, Apocalytica, Hatebreed, and so much more.

That is a small amount. I need music, it completes me.

basically, I like everything but country music.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
Hmm... lets see: Radiohead (never!), Pink Floyd, The Kinks, The Beatles, David Bowie, Muse, Scissor Sisters, Queen, REM, Pulp (well, Jarvis Cocker)

Then there is stuff I like, but not greatly. I'll listen to it if it is on, but probably wouldn't choose to listen to it: Oasis, U2, Kaiser Cheifs and probably some others that temporarily elude me.

When it comes to music, I can like one band and not another that sounds similar. Also, until I was about 15 or 16 I didn't listen to music at all, it did nothing for me. I played it, but I didn't get anything out of it. What this does mean is that there is quite possibly loads of bands out there I would really love, but simply haven't heard yet. My knowledge of music is greatly limited by my short degree of time actually taking any interest in it.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
hip-hop: aesop rock
hardcore: scott brown (especially "capture" at the moment)
speedcore: dj sharpnel
metal: i run the gambut on this one... ozzy to iced earth, godsmack, the guys that created the mighty morphin' power rangers theme song, dethklok
rock: (see electro)
electro:danger ("11h30")
nu rave: diplo/rye rye (borderline ghettotech)
ebm/industrial: vnv nation
jungle: ufo
breaks: the prodigy
drum and bass: kaos
VGM:8-bit weapon
trance: thrillseekers
hard house: dj bam bam
live djs: q-bert or cloudskipper <3
favorite video game music: SSX Tricky

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Man, I can't list them all. Top three bands right now (but definitely not overall):

1. Dream Theater
2. Hybrid
3. Sting & the Police

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I'm a professional musician, and pretty ecclectic. I like all kinds of classical, fusion jazz, Miles Davis, Brubeck, etc. I like early Stones, all Beatles, Clapton, Hendrix, Mott the Hoople, Stevie Wonder, James Brown, Golden Earring, The Fixx, Pink Floyd, ZZ Tops, Stevie Ray Vaughn, Bruce Springfield, Billy Joel, Elton John, Sarah McClaughlan. I like Celtic music, New Age, and others.

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
the guys that created the mighty morphin' power rangers theme song

That would be Ron Wasserman, A.K.A. The Mighty Raw. His material is great stuff.

My Favorites:
Band -->Quiet Riot
Singer --> Frank Sinatra
Song --> Huey Lewis & The News - Hip To Be Square
Cover --> Quiet Riot - Highway To Hell
Genre --> 80's Heavy Metal (Iron Maiden, Dio, Judas Priest, etc...)
Decade to Listen to --> The 1980s (So much variety, unlike today)
Guilty Pleasure --> TV Theme Songs (I have 13 CDs of theme songs)
Band Member Gone Solo --> Ronnie James Dio (Elf, Rainbow, Black Sabbath)
Classic Album --> Styx - Kilroy Was Here (I have it on Vinyl, 8-track, Audio Cassette, and CD)
New Album --> AC/DC - Black Ice (I bought it Monday, and I think it is their best to date)
Music Video --> Green Jelly - Three Little Pigs
Most Anticipated Album --> Guns N' Roses - Chinese Democracy (November 23!)

Least Favorite/Loathed:
Band --> KISS (I used to like them, but not anymore)
Genre --> Modern Rap/Hip-Hop (After the Early 90's it all fell apart)
Song --> Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up. (The "Rick Roll" meme killed a great 80's song!)

Boogeyman

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
koRn, The Used, Panic! at the disco, Disturbed, Slipknot, The Pillows, Green day, and the All-american Rejects.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Incontinent
Least Favorite/Loathed:
Band --> KISS (I used to like them, but not anymore)
Genre --> Modern Rap/Hip-Hop (After the Early 90's it all fell apart)
Song --> Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up. (The "Rick Roll" meme killed a great 80's song!)

KISS actually has some good music. Anything from Ace Frehley, at least. I'm a guitar geek, so I actually have some respect for Ace. Too bad he can't write lyrics for shit :)

YouTube - New York Groove-Ace Frehley

This doesn't change the fact that theres a great mass of ungodly horrible crap they've created, too ... and the fact that they're all freaks. Freaks enough that *I* can call them freaks.

Anyway, stuff I've been listening to recently, there's too much that I like ...

Mark Lanegan
YouTube - MARK LANEGAN - Wedding Dress (live)

The Drones
YouTube - The Drones - Jezebel

Beck
YouTube - Beck - Nausea

Arcade Fire
'Rebellion (Lies)' Video - Arcade Fire - AOL Music

Fiona Apple
YouTube - Fiona Apple not abot Love

Magnapop
YouTube - Magnapop - Lay It Down Video

Mazzy Star
YouTube - Mazzy Star - "Fade Into You"

Kaki King
YouTube - Kaki King: Gay Sons of Lesbian Mothers

Sonic Youth
YouTube - Sonic Youth - Shadow Of A Doubt

Sad thing is, half of those songs are older then I am :)

BabyMullet

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Carer
Right now my favorite band is the Blue Man Group, for a couple reasons beyond the way they sound, I like they way they perform, and the classiness with how they run themselves.

Following that, a bunch of other bands, Dispatch, DMB, U2, mellow rock and roll.

Altric

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
KISS actually has some good music. Anything from Ace Frehley, at least. I'm a guitar geek, so I actually have some respect for Ace. Too bad he can't write lyrics for shit :)

YouTube - New York Groove-Ace Frehley

This doesn't change the fact that theres a great mass of ungodly horrible crap they've created, too ... and the fact that they're all freaks. Freaks enough that *I* can call them freaks.

I really don't have anything against Ace. I love his stuff, and I actually have 2 of the Frehley's Comet albums. I just don't like the majority of the KISS discography much anymore. KISS was somewhat popular when I was in elementary school, and I blindly followed the pack and listened to KISS quite a lot. I bought many of their albums (tapes) (and still have most of them), but now I realize that there are a lot of bands that are far superior to KISS. Plus the band has to be one of the biggest sellouts in music history. KISS Condoms, KISS Toothpaste, and I think there was a KISS cereal to name a few.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Coheed and Cambria, Automatic Loveletter, The Sound of Animals Fighting, The Fall of Troy, The Mars Volta, Circa Survive, some of RX Bandits, some of Portugal the Man, Nightwish, Within Temptation, Marilyn Manson, The Medic Droid, The Action Design, Kill Hannah, Jeffree Star...

My music tastes are definitely out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.