Music?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Just taking a quick poll on what different kinds of genres you all listen to. I'm pretty much always on my ipod. Lol. I'll listen to almost every genre, as long as the song is considered good for that genre. I'm a huge fan of Eminem and Lupe Fiasco. What about you guys?

BluTack

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I'm happy to listen to most things which has a nice upbeat, melody or just something I like without understanding the reason for it.
My main stream is dance, drum and bass, trance etc.

But the one genre I can't stand is dub-step (with a small exception o Nero). I find it slow and boring. There isn't really a melody to it. I see it as someone just playing about with the LFO for the bass line. That my point of view of it anyway.

skunk053

stylin' mammal
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Other
At this point in my life (due to the internet) my musical tastes can't even be classified anymore. I guess you could say my taste ranges from early music to contemporary. Sorry I can't be specific, everyday I listen to something different. In my honest opinion there's just too much good music to play favorites. :D

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Diaperfur
  3. Carer
Metal. I'm extremely narrow minded when it comes to music admittedly to a fault, fortunately metal consists of many sub-genres that vary in sound enough to keep me from getting bored.

C

courier7

Metal. I'm extremely narrow minded when it comes to music admittedly to a fault, fortunately metal consists of many sub-genres that vary in sound enough to keep me from getting bored.

I am the exact same way. Heavy metal all the way. I really only listen to that genre with a few exceptions.

Every day, all day, on my iPod listening to music😁.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Any thing and every thing. Most of my collection is rock but that is because I listen to almost exclusivily vinyl (*puts on hipster glasses*) although I like dubstep (wub is the guitar of eletronic music) a little bit of rap and more. With the methods and ease of distribution we have today it's insane to limit ones musical taste. The only problem with the Internet as a method of distribution is the quality is compromised.

One thing that annoys me with people on iPods is they have turned their music into an accessory not something special.

Last edited:

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
wub wub wub. Dubstep 90% of the time and rap/hiphop the other 10%

Mysterious

Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Sissy
Depends, my courses have me listening to quite a bit of classical or baroque era music with a bit of romantic era pieces interspersed in. Otherwise I tend to swap between various genres of metal, and on occasion some video game sound tracks.

tiny

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Techno, dub, hip-hop, rock, reggae, soul, dubstep, disco, classical, and many more!

Almost anything so long as it's not a low quality MP3! The only music I buy is on CD.

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
I've kinda noticed that most of you are into rock. A majority of the people I live around listen to rap more than anything. Could it be because I live in a suburb of a big city? Where do you all live? (Not specifically, but like, in the country, city, etc.)

Rocky

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I love metal and some hard rock. I used to be a bigger hard rock fan, but now I'm more of a metalcore fan. I love As I Lay Dying, Phinehas, and War of Ages.

I go to college in a bigger city, but I grew up in a suburban area where country is huge (yucky) and pop right up there with it (quadruple yucky)

JoeMiller

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Jazz, I freaking love it! Rock, rap, dubstep, classical (on occasions) blues, soul, metal

theQman

Little Guitarist
Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I've kinda noticed that most of you are into rock. A majority of the people I live around listen to rap more than anything. Could it be because I live in a suburb of a big city? Where do you all live? (Not specifically, but like, in the country, city, etc.)
no i think we just have better taste :3 jk i hate rap and techno of any kind (especially dubstep), but i wont bash people for what they like. And btw i listen to mostly heavy metal and classic rock.

dogboy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
One thing that annoys me with people on iPods is they have turned their music into an accessory not something special.

I've thought this as well. I commented about this on a similar thread which appeared maybe a year ago. The lead singer of R.E.M. was talking about this, saying, when he went to school, students would be carrying record albums in their notebooks, and it reminded me of that. Records were big and so had a large picture, and on the back could be information about the songs, lyrics, and things about the band. More importantly was that it was an album, which means that the songs often carried a theme. It wasn't about one song, but rather, all of them. Look at Sargent Pepper's.

Now, people just download the one song they like that may come from a CD, and miss everything else that was on that album. Musicians often have important things to say in their music, but like you said, the music now may exist only for jogging, played through cheap ear buds being generated from an Ipod with compressed sound. I like to drop a CD into my big Infinity surround system and sometimes, turn up the Polk Audio subwoofer. I sit in my big recliner and get ready for the ride.

Auby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Babyfur
The only genres I identify with are hardstyle/jumpstlye. After that, then anything that sounds good. Pop, rock, electronic, dubstep, even Christian.

Relevant:
[video=youtube;VaiHTvifGt0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaiHTvifGt0[/video]

Last edited:

Geno

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
> Heavy Metal (Especially doom metal, no metalcore but I make a few exceptions)
> Crust Punk
> Blues (Roy Rogers)
> Country (outlaw, hellbilly, cowpunk, neotraditional, bluegrass)
> Southern/Classic/Stoner Rock
> Eurobeat
> HipHop (Dr. Steel variants)

A

Asher

Ohhhhhh, just the topic makes me excited. I'm getting giddy just thinking about it!

So, the truth is that I listen to everything. Everything. I give all new music a try and am very open to listening to anything. I grew up listening to Miles Davis, Eagles, and Led Zeppelin, so deep down, I've always been a fan of jazz, folk, and hard rock. But some other things that I've been really big into recently:

Alternative Hip-Hop: Aesop Rock, some Common, blah
Reggae: Bob Marley, of course! Some Yardcore too.
Drum and Bass: thanks, Statik.
Old Style French House: Daft Punk, Stardust, etc.
Progressive Metal: Mastodon or whatever.

There's too many to choose from, but I'm always up for new stuff! And the music library is always growing! :)

Ch3stersGhost

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I am a huge fan of Linkin Park. I was a little disappointed with their latest album A Thousand Suns because I love a lot of their other albums. I've even gone so far as to buy some of their individual albums like Fort Minor and Dead by Sunrise. However, their new album that is coming out should be pretty good.

Sarevok

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I listen to Rock, Metal, Electronic, and lots of sub-genres that fall under these. I listen to music a lot. I try to listen to music as much as I can.

BoogerKid

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Hardcore and Hip-hop/rap. Wu-tang Clan, N.W.A, things like that...
i also have a huge soft spot for anything kanye west has ever made and will continue to make...
dubstep is cool too... but only Actual Dubstep... like Caspa, Rusko, Benga, Nero, pretty much any producer from the UK... none of this "Skrillex" mumbojumbo...

Status
Not open for further replies.