Music That Can Never Have Enough Volume

;-) Yes orchestral music is an other good example. But here is the dynamic the most important think. Unfortunately not all recordings deliver that...

subietodd said:
The second movement of Beethoven's 9th demands big volumes, the queen of the night aria from Mozart's the magic flute, dogs from pink floyd, and set the controls for the heart of the sun, saucer full of secrets, ya i guess all of pink floyd, all of the who as well.

Oh ya! Tocatta and fugue in d by Bach!
I'm not sure I can share ALL the awesome Composers that go well with high volume?
:)
Really, there's just so much, so many genres.

Mahler's 2nd Symphony, "The Resurrection Symphony".

Reactions: subietodd
Pentatonix' cover of both Hallelujah and Sound of Silence (please don't kill me, I love the original too) are such songs for me. Especially on my nice pair of headphones. I don't blast music through speakers, but I do listen to it through headphones while commuting to classes usually.

Both these songs are a capella, so even my stupid migraine-brain doesn't object when I turn up the volume as far as it will go and just let these wonderful voices consume me.

Oh, and Dvorak's 9th symphony, 4th movement. But that only works when I'm not in pain.

Schwanensee said:
Pentatonix' cover of both Hallelujah and Sound of Silence (please don't kill me, I love the original too) are such songs for me. Especially on my nice pair of headphones. I don't blast music through speakers, but I do listen to it through headphones while commuting to classes usually.

Both these songs are a capella, so even my stupid migraine-brain doesn't object when I turn up the volume as far as it will go and just let these wonderful voices consume me.

Oh, and Dvorak's 9th symphony, 4th movement. But that only works when I'm not in pain.
Oh, hell!
I first heard/found them, singing Dolly Parton's "Jolene".
*Saved-an'-Faved* 'em, then and there!

Music that can never have enough volume?
The soundtrack of Hair, naturally 😋

Ohh yes🤘🏻
That moment when the right music comes on.
You turn up so you not only listen, but actualy feel the music.

There are plenty of songs that are better with higher volume. Steppenwolf "Magic Carpet Ride" is one that comes to mind. Anyone playing bass that any moron beat on a drum to me is wasted, or requires speakers outside a moving vehicle should have their car blown up. (Owner inside optional)

My music is always played through headphones, but I crank up the volume a little for songs like 'Digital Bath' (Deftones), 'Gary Heidnik' (SKYND) and 'Submission' (Fields of The Nephilim.)

Stand Up And Shout - Steel Dragon
Kickstart My Heart - Mötley Crüe
Turn Up The Radio - Autograph
I Wanna Rock, We’re Not Gonna Take It - Twisted Sister
Enter Sandman, Seek and Destroy, Fuel - Metallica
Pretty much anything AC/DC
Walk - Pantera
Rock of Ages, Photograph, Armageddon It - Def Leppard

...just to name a few. There are a ton more that come to mind.

Lizzo, Pentatonix, Owl City

The Doobie Brothers... CHINA GROVE

littlemoosey said:
The Doobie Brothers... CHINA GROVE

I'll second that and also, "What a Fool Believes". How I love that song.

dogboy said:
I'll second that and also, "What a Fool Believes". How I love that song.

I never really listened to the lyrics of that song until recently, and because of that I never really liked the song. But after I listened to the lyrics I thought this is genius! The truth that is behind those words when we delude ourselves into thinking something is there that "never really was". So I turn it up now if for nothing more than the story.

Big and Rich “The 8th of November” As a veteran it reminds me of the the sacrifices we have made for our country

On the 8th of November the angels were crying as they carried our brothers away. With the fire raining down, and the Hell all around. There were few men left standing that day. Saw the eagle fly, through a clear, blue sky 1965, the 8th of November.

Reactions: littlemoosey
Back