Votes: 8 25.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
Babyfur, Diaperfur, , Carer
What are everyones thoughts, qualms about having a music sub-forum in the off-topic section of the board devoted to the discussion of music and all things relating to it.

I'm not going to bore anyone with long-winded justifications, it's all self explanatory.

EDIT: If the sub-forum is created I'd like to take a commendable step forward and volunteer to moderate it, so I may do ADISC a service and ban people who have terrible taste.

Also, drama is bad, but that's a secondary concern.

Last edited:

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
Great idea. I've noticed quite a few music based threads in off topic. I imagine it would be a very good idea to have a place for them all to come together.

*salutes Shodai*

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
I think it a good idea, I mean come on everybody listening to music.

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm apathetic. I love music and enjoy listening to it, playing it, and writing it. But, the majority of the music threads I've seen on here just turn into laundry lists of which bands each person likes, or which songs, etc., which I find rather boring.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
If I gain a posistion of power I'll strive to delete those lame threads!

OR DIE

Mr. Marley

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
If I gain a posistion of power I'll strive to delete those lame threads!
Not every thread. Only those regarding bad, crappy music (basically everything I dont like - like teckno). Feel free to remove every teckno-thread, but dont even think about touching my little reggae-thread.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
I'd be more than willing to accept protection money.

Jaiden

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I'm going to have to break ranks and say no.

It's not that I'm against talking about music at all but I don't see why that can't be done perfectly well in off-topic. There are plenty of fora and sub-fora here already and I don't think creating more and more for every separate interest is a great idea. You could argue for a film, sport or politics forum just as strongly but I think we're best off having the catch-alls of off-topic and mature to discuss that stuff.

Chillhouse

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Carer
Well, as long as were makin relevent sub forums for every different topic, I think we should have sub forums for:
video games
disposable diapers
cloth diapers
funny pictures
television
movies
bestiality
what you had for breakfast
Guitar Hero
books
school life
work life
... and so forth.

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
=\.

Maybe we could have a the-color-blue and/or a vacuum sub-forum? :\

Seriously, all this is covered by Off-Topic.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
If that's the case what's the point of 'computer n' games'?

mm3

Est. Contributor
Role
Carer, Other
that's different, because there were a high amount of threads in the Off Topic forum, which was basically taking it over. So, it became a subforum. I don't seem to see a lot of Music-oriented threads, though...

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
MM3 said:
I don't seem to see a lot of Music-oriented threads
All the more reason to have a sub-forum.

There is blatantly an audience that a music sub-forum can profit from.

Maverick

Est. Contributor
Role
Other
All the more reason to have a sub-forum.

There is blatantly an audience that a music sub-forum can profit from.
If there isn't a lot of discussion about it, making a sub-forum would be pointless. We might as well make a car sub-forum too. And a school/work sub-forum while we're at it.

I don't think there should be a music sub-forum. The Off-topic forum is great because it's a meeting place for all different kinds of topics not about *B/DL-ism. And there's a sub-forum about computers and games because in the past, there were many discussions about computers and games. But there really aren't many discussions about music.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I looked back over two days and there's 14 threads that are active in Computers and 13 in Games within that timeframe. There are only three music or audio related threads in the same timeframe. If there was a special sub-forum, I do think it would probably prompt some additional threads, but it doesn't seem like we're awash in them, so I guess I'm voting "no" at present.

MarcusBear

Est. Contributor
Role
making a sub-forum would be pointless.
Not really, it would encourage people who're interested in that particular subject to post topics. At least, in my little logic bubble.

Status
Not open for further replies.