Music Making

Status
Not open for further replies.

timmahtherebel

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Private
Not bad... the first one goes pretty well with what I was doing online at the time, Runescape ( killing Banshees in a dungeon, lol )

Shredder92

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
  4. Other
I stopped listening to Metallica for that =]

I like classical music as much as the next guy (not much), but I think you need to make your mixes more exciting, create crescendos (slowly getting louder to a point of EPICNESS!!), diminuendos (slowly getting quieter to show the end of a certain phrase) , accelerandos (speeding up tempo/bpm) etc.

I think you should listen to The Journeyman by Iron Maiden - that is my inspiration for mixing stuff - so much variation, and sounds Amazing!

please don't take any of that as offence - just constructive criticism (I know what I like + I like what I know)

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Mike,

I like your mixes, too. The first one is really epic-sounding, and the second one has a pretty solid dance-feel. Very cool stuff!

I've got four songs here that I've made. The first two are ones by my band. I did drum programming, keyboards, and vocals for them (first verse for the first song, and main vocals for the second song).

Love, Hate, Kill, Recre8

Bruiser

The following are two remixes I did independently. The first one is of Katy Perry's song, "I Kissed A Girl," and the second one is of the Fort Minor song, "Remember the Name." I'm pretty proud of them both!

"I Kissed A Girl" Tourettes Sex Remix.

"Remember the Name" Depeche Load Remix.

A

Asher

Hey mike,

To tell you the truth, I liked the second one better than I liked the first! I have to agree with wannabesissybaby for the first one in regards to speed, crescendos, accelerandos and what not. It could go a little faster as it goes along, and maybe add a little more bass. Still, it is really good!

Mind if I ask what software you use for your mixes?

Dawes: I liked your mixes too man; good stuff : )

- Asher

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
I use a few. Manly fruity loops 8 PE. But I also use mixcraft 4 and Reason

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Fruity Loops is good. I'm still using version 3, however. While I've got 6 and Studio, I prefer the functionality of 3 a lot more. It's simple, and there are far more sound-modification options on it than in the later versions.

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
Mike,

I like your mixes, too. The first one is really epic-sounding, and the second one has a pretty solid dance-feel. Very cool stuff!

I've got four songs here that I've made. The first two are ones by my band. I did drum programming, keyboards, and vocals for them (first verse for the first song, and main vocals for the second song).

Love, Hate, Kill, Recre8

Bruiser

The following are two remixes I did independently. The first one is of Katy Perry's song, "I Kissed A Girl," and the second one is of the Fort Minor song, "Remember the Name." I'm pretty proud of them both!

"I Kissed A Girl" Tourettes Sex Remix.

"Remember the Name" Depeche Load Remix.

I wish my stuff was that good, I like it

Dawes

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Your stuff is good, Mike! It's just a different style and likely recorded in a different way. Frankly, I'm jealous of the drum noises that you managed to pull out for use in those mixes -- I can never really master the understanding of how to make good *dance* drums. Mine end up coming out more like organic drums used electronically. ;/

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
If your using FL Studios, it its self takes a lot of time to get use to let a lone master. I still have trouble with FL

baby_mike

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
But one thing I learned is that people like to steal music and take credit for it. I have had this happen many thimes

E

Error404

Would you mind if I made a techno mix out of it.

Go for it, as long as I'm credited where ever you use it as the original author.

As long as you include Original file copyrighted to Error404, AKA Daniel Gainsborough. Cheers. ^_^

Glad you liked it.

PetPuppyAlex

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I'll be sure to post some of mine. I haven't got a chance to touch my FL Studio since like mid-May, so I'll be sure to lay something down for ya.

Keep it real.
-Alex

Gil

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
As far as software goes, Digital Performer is the only way to go IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.