MP3 players??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Role
Incontinent
Hey all. I'm just curious what kind of MP3 player everyone has. I have a black 30 GB Microsoft Zune. It has all of the features I could possibly wwant. It holds an ungodly amount of music. The software updates are pretty frequent and pretty much bug free. When I went to Best Buy to look I was thinking either the Zune or the iPod. The guy behind the counter was very helpful and sold me on the Zune. He said he liked it better because it had a great display and it was easier to read than the iPod. It also have a great amount of accessories you can buy. There is a radio FM transmitter that you can hook up to your cigarette lighter in your car and you can listen to your Zune. I highly recommend it to anybody who is looking for an MP3 player.

Darkfinn

Banned
Role
Diaper Lover, Incontinent,
I've got a 2GB Zune... haven't actually taken it out of the box to use it yet. Gotta replace the speakers in my daily driver before I bother playing any real music on the radio.

Kovy

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little, Carer
I have a Prehistoric 4GB iPod Mini (TM). It was made in 2005, but it still works, so...

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Little
An iPod video, um, generation old. It holds 30 GB, but I need to upgrade if I want to move everything I have on my computer onto an mp3 player! I want the 80GB for my birthday, if, uh, anyone wants to go buy me one.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
"There is a radio FM transmitter that you can hook up to your cigarette lighter in your car and you can listen to your Zune."

The Ipod's had that even before the Zune came out. Anyways I got a 20 GB Ipod Photo but I got around 50 gigs of music on my computer not to mention about 40 gigs of video files. So I am wanting the 160 GB Ipod Classic.

Oh the song quality from Itunes sucks though. I think its 128 KBPS. 180+ is where its at.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
my fiance gave me her old 3rd gen 20GB ipod after she got her 2GB creative zen plus. both of our mp3 players are perfect for us. i have rockbox on mine because vista had issues detecting the ipod (long story...).
oh hey, since i'm an audio geek, what kind of headphones do you guys use with your mp3 players?
i use sony 7506's with mine and i got her some sure e3c's (if i remember correctly).

Emileigh

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
i forget the gb i think its 8 pink ipod nano

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
still have my old 6GB iPod mini, but the battery is acting funny as of late, it keeps crashing when i leave it off for a few hours resetting almost all my settings. Oh well it still plays.

I also have a radio transmitter as mentioned before. It only works well if i find just the right frequency or the area im in has to be void of other radio stations or it could interfere with the music. A bit of a pain but again, functional works for me. I am thinking about upgrading the head unit in my car with an iPod adapter, but first i need to fix everthing else on the car.:eek:

Kams

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
Oh the song quality from Itunes sucks though. I think its 128 KBPS. 180+ is where its at.
You can change the encoding settings in iTunes to be up to 320 Kbps if you want.

I have a Prehistoric 4GB iPod Mini (TM). It was made in 2005, but it still works, so...
Same, I (used to) have the 6GB Blue iPod Mini, but now I've got the 8GB iPod Touch.

oh hey, since i'm an audio geek, what kind of headphones do you guys use with your mp3 players?
i use sony 7506's with mine and i got her some sure e3c's (if i remember correctly).
I use the Sony MDR-V150's . They're cheap (only $20), and I have yet to find headphones that sound better than these. My uncle has a pair these weird Hi-Fi fancy headphones, the Grado S60's.

Role
Incontinent
I just use the earbuds that came with my Zune. They work good for me. I also have to find just the right frequency for my car transmitter or all I get is static through my car speakers.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
You can change the encoding settings in iTunes to be up to 320 Kbps if you want.

I am talking about music you buy off Itunes I think its all 128 kbps. I at least try to get 192 kbps. Sure the file size is bigger but it sounds a lot better then 128 kbps.

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
hehe, umm... yeah.
most of my stuff is in wav. i have a lot of cd's i archived on my external hard drive...

boogalah

Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I'm using a Zune 80, had it for a few months and it's great. As for headphones, I mostly use the Zune premium headphones it came with cause they're pretty damn good for a free pair of included headphones. But I also have a pair of Sony EX-71 earbuds, and some Koss KEB24's I got at Wal-Mart for cheap. They sucked at first but then I changed the tips to the extra ones that came with the Zune premium buds and they're much better now.

andysetra

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Other
I have a 8gb ipod nano that I bought when I thought I lost my 2gb ipod nano (1st gen). Turns out it was wedged between the seats of my old car, lucky I found it before I sold the car :D... both still work great and I found it wasn't really worth it to sell the 2gb, so I kept both. Whenever I want to use my ipod in a situation that's dangerous to it, I use the 2gb (ie: relaxing in a hot tub, near the side of a pool, at the beach, etc..)

Both ipods I bought when I had my retail employee discount, so the price was the same as most other brand players...

chevre

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I've got a 512MB iRiver. It's, eh, not too great. I don't really use it much. When I have some more spare cash I will probably get a Creative Zen.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I currently use my 8GB iPod Touch...I used to use my ??GB iPod photo thing...It's kind of broken...

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
Little
I have an 8-gig Creative Zen Microphoto, and green Sony earbuds.

Elizabeth

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby
I have a Zune 80 as well, an engraved one from ZuneOriginals, back when they were doing them for free. I also just use the headphones that came with it, and the radio in the car has an Aux plug, so I have a cable (not sure what it's called...) that goes from the headphone jack on the Zune to the radio so I don't have to mess around with radio transmitters or anything.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I have a Zune 80 as well, an engraved one from ZuneOriginals, back when they were doing them for free. I also just use the headphones that came with it, and the radio in the car has an Aux plug, so I have a cable (not sure what it's called...) that goes from the headphone jack on the Zune to the radio so I don't have to mess around with radio transmitters or anything.
Its just a normal headphone cord but both ends are male connectors.

Role
Diaper Lover
I have an 8 GB iPhone, so I usually use that for my music when I'm just walking around campus. Apple was doing a promo last summer when I bought my laptop where you could get a free iPod Nano with the laptop purchase, so I also have a blue 4 GB iPod Nano that tends to live in the car.

I used to have one of the FM transmitters, which I liked quite a bit as it would charge the iPod when it was plugged in. My problem was that the model I had (transmitter, not iPod) wasn't very good with high/low frequencies - very muddy sounding. So, I went to the opposite extreme and bought a line-in adaptor for my car's head unit, and a Harmon/Kardon drive+play. Sweet setup, and everything finally sounds good! I'd recommend the d+p if you're looking for a good car solution.

Oh, and the trick to getting the FM adaptors working well is to find a frequency with static (obviously) that also has one on either side with static as well. So, if you find out that 92.9 is static, then it will be a good choice for your transmitter if 92.7 and 93.1 are static as well... you just get much less interference that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.