Motels/Hotels

Status
Not open for further replies.

diaperedteenager

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
Does anyone here like highway side motels and hotels, or any hotels/motels around?I don't know why, I just love going to them. Trying them out like you would try out a diaper for the first time. I like the smell of them, you know they got kind of that fresh or dirty smell depending on the one you go to. I like exploring the premises and checking out things. Does anyone else like going to hotels and "checking" them out?

MistuhFox

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Other
ive always been one to check out neat property, and yes i love hotels/motels :p, i jus havent really gone around checking them out tho tbh lol

DHLA40

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Do you mean abandoned ones, or ones still in service? :confused:

There's quite a few abandoned ones on old US1, plus abandoned stores, service stations, restaurants, houses, etc... It used to be a major north-to-south highway 30+ years ago. Quite a few curiosities there that I have explored before on the occasional motorcycle ride.

Pramrider

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Other
Neither I, my wife, or kids care much for motel/hotel sleeping. We can never seem to get the temperature right, and the beds/pillows just don't feel as comfy as home. Plus, there's always the noisy, inconsiderate, late night guests checking in who don't have the common sense or courtesy to realize it's midnight and other guests are in bed trying to get some sleep. Sometimes sounds like a convention going on in the hallway!:mad:

Not to say there aren't occasions when we do have to stay in a motel or hotel. We sometimes go to the ocean resort in our state and the trip is too long to go and return in one day, so we'll spend about four nights there for our vacation. The last hotel we stayed at there actually wasn't too bad. I think the walls were thicker which helped deaden the noise of any late night commotion. We also took our own pillows to feel more like we were sleeping in our own beds. Helped raise the comfort level nicely.:)

~Pramrider

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I always stay in nice yet cheap ones that at least look/feel clean. However dirt and germs are everywhere, there's no avoiding em.

Zekk

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
My family recently drove up to Maryland for my cousin's wedding. We stayed at several motels that were just off the Interstates. I thought they were cool and they gave us a free breakfast in the morning. One one of them had a nice pool.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Babyfur
A local motel let us use a room for 2 hours one day when our bathroom was being repaired ...so i like them alot for that

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
Yep, I know what you mean. There's this vibe that I get from going to any hotel. I also like the smell of the cheap cleaners that they use in the rooms. :rolleyes:

Hell, sleeping anywhere besides my own house is fun. 'Tis the reason I spend a lot of nights at some of my friends houses.

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
Well, they're, you know, hotels. They're designed to attract people, and if that means making the place smell nice and seem spacious, then they're doing their job. Though, on the other hand, motels are just there to stay in for one night and then get way far away from. They're way cheaper than hotels, too.

That said, yes, the magic of hotels works on me, too, because I lived in one for about a year when I was five years old. I think mostly I like that I have no accountability except to other patrons while I'm at one :D

TallestBabyEver

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
I lived at a hotel when i was little and living overseas. It was home away from home until we actually found a suitable place to live. Even after we found our new home we always went back and visited. Best thing i remember was all the bacon!!

These days i work at a hotel (this is my last day though) and realize how ridiculous it is. It may seem cheap at first, but when things start adding up like food, internet, etc. then it isn't as nice. These days im just concerned with a clean room with a bed and a bathroom, quality isn't too much of an issue.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
I like hotels (or motels) simply because they mean two things:
(1) I'm on some kind of trip - I do love traveling.
(2) it's a place I haven't been to (often), so there's new stuff to explore - premises, area, other people.

I don't really use motels often, because I rarely travel by car to far-away places. Plus they're not as common here as they're in the U.S. Hotels, on the other hand, are mostly bigger places where you find a lot to explore, and some of them have their own (indoors) pool, sauna or other such things that are fun to use because I don't have them at home.
I also like bed and breakfast-type places. I stayed at one back in March, and the owner was really dedicated and helpful, and the place was comparatively cheap, albeit a bit run-down. Obviously, you wouldn't go to those B&Bs if you're planning any kind of big diaper activities - a big hotel would provide the anonymity that would require.

I'm not particularly sensitive to places that have a weird smell to them, or aren't completely sparkling clean like a hospital. I'll just be careful what I touch and clean stuff properly.

Peachy

Jeremiah

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
After trying out a nice Recreational Vehicle, motels and hotels lost their charm. There is nothing quite like bringing your own bed, pillows, and kitchen sink with you when traveling. I look forward to the opportunity to pull my camp trailer from Florida to Oregon this summer. Should be quite the trip.

On the other hand, motels and hotels offer a decent place to stay overnight when away from home. This is nice. I do not explore the facility any more than I must. Knowing where the elevator, stairs, and emergency exits are located is sufficient exploration for me. The Handicap rooms with smoking allowed is just priceless. I enjoy the massive showers those have.

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
There's only two motels I go to in my city. They're both very nice, and offer 2hr short stays for 25 bucks.

Peachy

Banned
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
There's only two motels I go to in my city. They're both very nice, and offer 2hr short stays for 25 bucks.

Do the 25 bucks include your services too? :tongueout:

This would be my kind of hotel, for obvious reasons. ;)

Hotel review: Green Bough Hotel, Chester | Travel | guardian.co.uk

I'm surprised that no hotel has thought of supplying teddy bears for their guests before...or rubber duckies, for that matter. Maybe an AB hotel? :D

Peachy

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
I hope they aren't charging extra for teddy bears or rubber duckys.. oh wait, nothing is really ever free. All that Free shipping stuff just has shipping added into the price.

Status
Not open for further replies.