Most awesome comic strip ever

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doppelganger

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Does anyone remember Calvin and Hobbes? Six year old kid goes on adventures with his stuffed tiger, except the tiger is alive, and only calvin can see that?

Reading those stories just makes me want to hug my stuffed animal! (Not a tiger).

L

Loopygone

Yep, have the full collection, and an app on my phone to read em on the go.
It's a cute look in to the world of a kid, although he isn't too innocent :p

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Bloom County.

I actually wept when that one came to an end. Greatest frickin' comic strip ever.

Role
  1. Adult Baby
I've got a few Calvin and Hobbes books laying around. I love C+H. I've spent quite a few days with my girlfriend under the tree in front of her house, reading C+H. Damn, those were beautiful days with a beautiful girl, with beautiful literature. Bless Bill Waterson's soul...

Point

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Little
My favorite right now is Achewood. Though I've just downloaded a coupla hundred zillion pages of Beanworld, suggested to me by Mr. Tea, so we'll have to see how that changes.

GoldDragonAurkarm

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
Calvin and Hobbes was and still is brilliant! On the side window of my car, I actually have a decal of Calvin and Hobbes sledding down a hill in a box!

Role
  1. Adult Baby
What about webcomics, though? XKCD, Cyanide and Happiness, and Men in Hats all deserve a little praise.

Takkun

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Carer
LOVE Calvin and Hobbes I do have one of their books (just strips from past newspapers put 2-3 to a page, for about 60 pages!) Definitely my favorite comic in the paper.

As for webcomics, I love Nataliee Dee, XKCD (want their book so bad!), Cyanide and Happiness, and Girls With Slingshots (even though I haven't read it for a year, lost my place, and plan on starting over ^_^ )

Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
  3. Sissy
Calvin and Hobbes is one of the best. Always pick up there books and thumb though it. Favorite collection I got is "Homicidal Jungle Cat", a lot of good ones are in it. ^__^

As for internet comics, of the top of my head, Cyanide and Happiness takes the cake. Even the Depressing Comic weeks give be a good laugh, after the minute or so of thinking, "That's wrong."

WBDaddy

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Carer
Yeah, Bloom County was brilliant. I always hoped it might make a comeback someday. Too bad Berk Breathed didn't have the staying power of, say, Gary Trudeau.
J

Well, he tried to do something different with Outland, basically getting rid of all the human characters and any semblance of politics, but that killed the charm completely, and thus it also killed the strip.

Bigbabybret

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Sissy
  3. Little
  4. Incontinent
  5. Other
I vote for peanuts...

Although being in Minnesota I might be a bit biased...

But what a great great comic...

B

timby

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
The first time I did ageplay with another person, I spent a weekend with a daddy type, completely regressed to a diaper wearing toddler. ( ok it wasn't the smartest thing I ever did but the details belong on another thread )
Anyway on the flight home, I had a Calvin and hobbes collection, 'revenge of the babysat' perhaps. My brain was still weird. I remember finding this comic the most hilarious thing i had ever read.
Reading it again I find it funny, clever, poignant, beautiful at times, but never as hilarious as when I somehow read it through toddlers eyes.

EvanNibbler

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
Calvin And Hobbes was the best ever. I have every one ever printed (i think) in book collections

poopyone

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
  2. Private
I also wept for Bloom County....

The first C & H comic I ever saw was the one about stewed monkey heads.
I found it so funny, I cut it out of the Sunday paper, taped over it with clear box tape, and stuck it on my refrigerator.

It hung there for so long, it turned yellow and got all gnarly...

Still got it somewhere, Along with all the books...

Bill Waterson wanted to go out on top, and that's exactly what he did.

MisterD

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
We all know that Pearls Before Swine is the best newspaper strip currently running.

WildThing121675

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Carer
I've always been a fan of Calvin & Hobbes. I have most of the books done by them because I love nothing more than cracking up as I read Calvin's adventures with his stuffed tiger.

I've been reading that strip for YEARS. Every time I do, I flash back to certain times when I was a kid and reading the strip. Calvin & Hobbes is my fave of all-time.

WildThing121675

Status
Not open for further replies.