more people!!!| on adisc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
I have been noticing more and MOAR posts done by newbies lately with little posts and some 0 threads.
is this bad??
Yes, because were getting more public and open, and that means there will need more money to run the place, if not a new admim.

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I have been noticing more and MOAR posts done by newbies lately with little posts and some 0 threads.
is this bad??
Yes, because were getting more public and open, and that means there will need more money to run the place, if not a new admim.

...What?

Dream

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, , Carer
is this bad??
Ummm.......what are you worry about?

betagame

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover
the fact that we might be on tv report....
other than that, its just a statement

Pojo

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
the fact that we might be on tv report....
other than that, its just a statement

Can you just repeat everything that you've said on this thread in a way that makes sense and is legible, please? I'm having a hard time understanding you...And could you show sources of this alleged TV report?

starshine

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
There are lots of newbies who are here now?
Lots of newbies with only 1 or 0 posts?
We are more open so we are going to be on TV?
We need a new admin?

Did I understand correctly?

Am I asking too many questions?

kite

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur, Carer
until deeker, abyclub, dpf, or one of the hundreds of diaper site/communites out there get a 5 minute news report about them i doubt we're in any trouble.

Role
Private
is this bad??
Forums and communities grow; this is the nature of [successful] things.

Also, if we must choose between forums that are wide (tons of topics) but flat (each topic has one or two replies only), and forums that are narrow and deep (few topics with many replies), I would submit that the latter would have more communicative and collaborative content.

So I don't really see either of these items as an issue, and I fail to see how either of these items will bring about the outcome(s) you mention.

LittleAdam

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Incontinent
I highly doubt this site will be on any sort of TV report. As far as it growing in popularity, being a "newbie" myself, I enjoy being here because it seems like a much more sincere community then other "diaper sites", and it is the most full featured as well.

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Babyfur
I highly doubt this site will be on any sort of TV report. As far as it growing in popularity, being a "newbie" myself, I enjoy being here because it seems like a much more sincere community then other "diaper sites", and it is the most full featured as well.
The last part of this post is a good thing for the worried older members to keep in mind. What is potentially troubling isn't having new people join per se, it's concern over a substantial shift in the character of the membership; a loss of the things that keep us coming back and attract those who decide to sign up and be active. We think we're not like other communities and we want to preserve that difference. We should remember that while it's okay to voice that concern, it's not good to lay the blame on new people who join in good faith. We've had good new members lately, and I hope we'll continue to get a the right proportions.

ZodiacPup

Est. Contributor
Role
Diaper Lover, Diaperfur
The last part of this post is a good thing for the worried older members to keep in mind. What is potentially troubling isn't having new people join per se, it's concern over a substantial shift in the character of the membership; a loss of the things that keep us coming back and attract those who decide to sign up and be active. We think we're not like other communities and we want to preserve that difference. We should remember that while it's okay to voice that concern, it's not good to lay the blame on new people who join in good faith. We've had good new members lately, and I hope we'll continue to get a the right proportions.
I joined in because I found a warm, close community interested in socializing and helping others, which always attracts me.

Now I wonder if I'm good enough for here....

Trevor

Est. Contributor
Role
I joined in because I found a warm, close community interested in socializing and helping others, which always attracts me.

If you're inclined to ask yourself that question, you're probably just fine. I don't think it's all that hard. The reasons you list above for joining are a good start.

mizzycub

Est. Contributor
Role
DiaperCames said:
I felt (even still feel) exactly the same why. Whenever I get to a thread I don't feel I have anything to add because it seems all the sensible stuff has already been said.

One thing I have noticed is a number of members propounding how the old forum was better or that they don't like the number of people coming here. I found that a little off putting, but realised that if you try to act sensibly, people don't really mind about you being new here.

Fire2box

Est. Contributor
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover
I just joined what over a month ago but I already a regular. This site is getting more members but thats not a bad thing at all, it in fact lets us know we are good since people are taking their time to sign-up here.

avery

Est. Contributor
Role
Private
I felt (even still feel) exactly the same why. Whenever I get to a thread I don't feel I have anything to add because it seems all the sensible stuff has already been said.

One thing I have noticed is a number of members propounding how the old forum was better or that they don't like the number of people coming here. I found that a little off putting, but realised that if you try to act sensibly, people don't really mind about you being new here.
it makes me sad to see smart, sensible people who are here for all the right reasons doubting themselves like this. it makes me feel like the threads that lament all the new people joining should be locked or moved to a regulars-only area so that they don't make us seem unfriendly and discourage new people from signing up.

i agree with trevor. we've had a lot of quality people sign up lately, and only a slight increase in "zomgzz i wear and mess my dipies 24/7" type threads. i'm worried about any changes that could cause this site to lose its sensible, down-to-earth reputation, but that doesn't mean i'm opposed to new people signing up. that's why this site is here: so that people who want to get involved in a supportive community can come here and sign up.

unless you've been posting a lot of pictures of your hairy diapered crotch in the gallery, telling stupid lies and then jacking off to them, or asking how you can instantly and permanently lose all bladder and bowel control, then don't worry. you probably belong here. :)

Role
Private

I think everyone at some stage questions their position within a community, whether that be your circle of friends, here or otherwise. Re-evaluating tends to strengthen your stance here by eliminating those things people aren't too fond of and boosting those qualities that everyone enjoys.

Generally speaking, if you can talk about things other than diapers (and letting it come naturally) then you're welcome here.

Peachy

Banned
Role
Adult Baby, Diaper Lover, Carer
i agree with trevor. we've had a lot of quality people sign up lately, and only a slight increase in "zomgzz i wear and mess my dipies 24/7" type threads. i'm worried about any changes that could cause this site to lose its sensible, down-to-earth reputation, but that doesn't mean i'm opposed to new people signing up.
The thing is: People may be disillusioned from the other AB/DL communities and may be sick of the forum being cluttered up my "I want a mommy" or "I just messed my diaper"-threads and the gallery being filled with hairy crotch shots, and then come here. And that takes a bit of a cultural adjustment, kind of like moving from one country to another. Like a woman who used to go to the beach topless moving to some Arab country, where she has to learn to cover herself up properly in order to be accepted into their society.

I don't blame people for coming here and being unsure of how to act on this site. People who're willing to adapt to our rules will take the time to look around and adjust their behavior. Some people learn quickly, others will need a push in the right direction (or some moderator action :D).
People who wish to continue their "old ways" from other sites are simply not welcome here. Play by our rules or leave. Unfortunately, we used to be more "efficient" on the old forum two years ago with driving weirdos away, but it's still possible to do so.

So bottom line is: It's the job of the experienced members to push the newbies into the right direction, and those unwilling to learn off the ship. The more new people we get, the more important it is for everyone to help in this mission!

Peachy

Status
Not open for further replies.