More IRC mods.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aki

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Little
Tonight's little "episode" makes me think that six IRC mods might not be cutting it. I think we could use maybe two more, who are on in different time zones. One of the people there tonight thought it'd be constructive to start throwing around vulgar names I don't feel comfortable repeating, to at least two different people when there weren't any mods on.

Thoughts?

Jewbacca

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
the fact that Moo is the only chat mod in EST and he's rather busy with many other things, may contribute to it, basically we need more chat mods with less of a life, not to be offensive or anything, it's just lives generally get in the way modding chats.

d4l

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Other
You should use the self moderation tools at your disposal.

I saw what happened had one group just ignored the other it would have stopped.

Or if you feel further action is required copy the logs and post a request in the requests forum. We as a community should be able to get along with out a mod there to hold our hands 24/7.

Also akira there was no innocent party in this incident all the people involved were throwing insults some were just more vulgar than others.

DannyTheNinja

Banned
Role
  1. Private
One thing that often works is to say a moderator's name (often I'll say something like "/me pokes Martin" or something) - a lot of mods are on but don't watch the IRC window constantly, but they get an alert if someone says their name.

--Danny :ninja:

Role
  1. Private
Tonight's little "episode" makes me think that six IRC mods might not be cutting it. I think we could use maybe two more, who are on in different time zones. One of the people there tonight thought it'd be constructive to start throwing around vulgar names I don't feel comfortable repeating, to at least two different people when there weren't any mods on.

Thoughts?

I do graveyard shift work, so that almost puts me in time with the European mods, depending on what time I end up going to bed / wake up. Usually though I'm online to cover my daytime (which is evening/late-night for the US).

Nonetheless, do you (or does anyone) have a chat log of what happened? As d4l pointed out, post it in the requests forum and we'll review it and take action if needed. Remember, just because we aren't around at the time doesn't mean we still can't do something about it.

...basically we need more chat mods with less of a life, not to be offensive or anything, it's just lives generally get in the way modding chats.

I'll take that as a compliment. :)

I saw what happened had one group just ignored the other it would have stopped.

Or if you feel further action is required copy the logs and post a request in the requests forum. We as a community should be able to get along with out a mod there to hold our hands 24/7.

Also akira there was no innocent party in this incident all the people involved were throwing insults some were just more vulgar than others.

Everyone, read and apply.

One thing that often works is to say a moderator's name (often I'll say something like "/me pokes Martin" or something) - a lot of mods are on but don't watch the IRC window constantly, but they get an alert if someone says their name.

THIS

My IRC client alerts me to whenever "Lukie" or "Luke" is said by someone. Although I may not reply, I do - in every case - check it out.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
We have a mod in the US and that's Trevor.

If you need a mod say the name of the mods and most clients will beep and blink (mine does at least), I can't be in the chat every single moment. Yes I have a life but does that totally interfere with me moderating the chat. No I don't think so. I can't be in there every single moment hence why I made sure that alert thing works as it's important.

What to do if something happens and no mod was around to stop it, use tools that you have to get through it ( /ignore ) and report it with the time (+ the time zone you're in) in the request forum. We'll have a look at it and take actions if we deem that necessary.

Sorry but one incident in quite some time doesn't warrant new mods in my eyes, I think we still have it in control if people alerted us when something happens, I'm in the chat a lot but not every single moment I'm on the computer (and I'm on the computer A LOT so I can do stuff if you alert me) And even if I'm not there at the time I'll look at it when I get back to my computer.

Charlie

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Sissy
  4. Carer
  5. Other
Just to repeat what's already been said:

Say the name of all the mods who are in the room. If nobody responds then use /ignore [name]. Really, the ignore function is incredibly useful, use it!

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy

You should use self moderation

self moderation
USE IT.

Do we need more mods. NO

Do we need people to relies THEY are part of the problem And complaining about something that happened in the IRC is just Contributing to it and Just increases The whole drama shit fest. Along with telling people to stop it is annoying.YES

That includs Telling people to;
Stop
shut up
STFU
And other stuff that is not mature.
All contribute to the crap.

If someone is saying something you do not like use the /ignore option. and msg an mod. Or message the person in PRIVET And talk to them or they personally as a mature member. And if they do not stop message a mod They are on almost constant even if you think they are not there. They may just pop up. (cough lukie cough) ANd kick annoying people. :3

Also If anyone was thinking of trying to become a mod They cannot use the / ignore option :p they have to have records :) and know when to kick people.

recovery

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Other
It's been said several times, But we can't guarantee that there will be mods online at every possible hour. And there is a number of people online who log, so don't think there will be no justice with no one noticing. Which is in the request forums already. So I think no action is needed.

It's bound to happen these things, its not often and they can be looked at further in time. Just no quick action can be taken. In that case use ignore which be looking at the logs, people were doing and it works fairly well. Ignore the people upsetting you for the night. And just let it blow over. don't let some one say small things to ruin your day. It takes two to tango, so don't be their dancing partner and reply to them unless you must.

Vladimir

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Private
I think we should select mods that have a better memory; it's been a while I've waited to see if they would remember to unban me.

Martin

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Diaper Lover
  3. Little
I know you are banned. And I think all the other mods do too, but you've blown your chances in the chat. You've been warned and banned a lot of times. We've had enough patience with you. Now it's time for you to wait, it's not permanent and will be lifted, we're just still deciding how long.

Last edited:

FluffyFluffers

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Babyfur
  2. Sissy
I think we should select mods that have a better memory; it's been a while I've waited to see if they would remember to unban me.
Go make a request on the mods and you only board And don't drag that crap out onto the forums.

Target

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Diaper Lover
  2. Babyfur
Yep, accidents in chat happens, but, if you take a better look, people who uses vulgar names and similar are always the same.

Mods have their own life, they cannot always be present.
If they cannot react in the moment of need, they'll do it later becausem I think, most of them saves logs.

Just remember, sooner or later, Justice will be done.

Answer: no need of more mods

kenshi

Est. Contributor
Role
  1. Adult Baby
  2. Little
Agreed. We just need people to learn to be the bigger man (or woman) and just /ignore the people that are harrasing them. Better question. Why do people even feel the need to act like jerks anyway? Can't we just all get along?

Status
Not open for further replies.